• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best scene of the Trilogy!

snwboarder88

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok, the summer of X3 is over.

Wheather it was a movie that lived up to the hype of fanboy dreams, or crushed them...It had its moments.

So now that X3 is almost on dvd in a few weeks lets discuss the best scenes of the Trilogy.

We know

• X1 was the emotional
  • X2 was dramatic and high action
  • X3 was all action
So heres a list of the best scenes of the trilogy, Vote for your favorites.

Where's the list? Anyway my vote for scene of the trilogy goes to Xavier vs. Phoenix!

X1:

1. Scott and Orroro first appearance when they arrive to save Logan and Rogue.

2. Magneto flying into the train after splitting it in two.

3. Young Magneto using his powers to try and get to his family during the Holocaust.

4. Scott owning Logan during the "Stay away from my girl" scene. The deleted footage is a lot better and I'm disappointed they cut it out.

5. Logan holding a lifeless Rogue in his arms as he believes that she's dead.(One of the scenes that made me tear up.)

6. Scott ignoring Jean's pleas and takes the last shot that takes Magneto out.

X2:

1. Nightcrawler's infiltration of the White House and his fight against the Secret Service.

2. Pyro going insane on the police at Bobby's house.

3. Magneto taking out the iron from the guards body and uses it to break his away out of his plastic prison.

4. Scott being brainwashed into attacking Jean thus releasing a powerful optic blast causing the Phoenix to somewhat manifest itself.

5. Jean using her elevated powers to try and stop the missles from hitting their jet.

6. Nightcrawler teleporting himself out of the plane to save Rogue. It was awesome to see on the big screen.

7. Scott in a helpless situation as he watches the love of his life die in front of him, he then breaks down in Logan's arms.(Another scene that made me choke up.)

8. The shadow of the Phoenix in the Lake.

9. Professor Xavier's speech to the President.

10. The first appearance of Colossus.

11. Logan taking out Stryker's soldiers in the mansion.

X3:

1. Beast hanging upside down reading a book.

2. Scott putting Logan in his place before he leaves the mansion.

3. Scott blasting at the Lake in order to stop the voices.

Um, well there's not many moments in X3 that really strike me as amazing to be honest.

>Wolverine's 1st encounter with Rogue (from the wrestling place to the trcuk)
>Nightcrawler's attack to the President
>Attack at the school
>Prof. X and Magneto's conversations (X1 & X2)
>Young Angel cutting his wings
>Beast's arguement with the President
>His meeting with Leech... (I liked the idea shame it wasn't longer... I've shoudn't watched that trailer!!! :ghost: )

I agree with Cap... Nightcrawler's attack on the White House was the best scene out of all three movies.

Which is such a shame, because Pyro vs. Iceman could have been... *sigh*... alas.

oh man i just spent like 40 minutes coming up with one kick ass list of scenes and i went to post it and it sent me to a letter to talk to a adminstrator? It said it was a invalid thread? that sucks!

I think Phoenix vs Xaiver was the best. I knew what the outcome would be and I was still in suspense. The Phoenix effects (although not the flames) was awesome, especially in this scene. Loved the slow shot around the room focusing on Famke.

I would say this is tied with Jean dying in X2, I LOVE that scene, so emotional

Other good scenes...

Nightcrawler bamfing to save Rogue in X2
Mystique breaking into Alkali Lake in X2

snwboarder88 said:
oh man i just spent like 40 minutes coming up with one kick ass list of scenes and i went to post it and it sent me to a letter to talk to a adminstrator? It said it was a invalid thread? that sucks!

:D Yeah that happens... That sux. :O

I still don't know why people keep saying X-men 3 has so much action because when the good action was going to start it was very short action.

sonicphoto said:
I still don't know why people keep saying X-men 3 has so much action because when the good action was going to start it was very short action.

He said 'all action' not 'good action'...

X1- Cyke and Storm first appearance

X2- Nightcrawer in the White House and Phoenix in the lake.

1. Jean's House (Jean VS. Xavier, X3)
2. X2's Ending
3. Drakes' House (X2)
4. Nightcrawler/Storm in X-Jet (X2)
5. X3's Final Battle (Mutant cameos/Beast fighting/Juggernaut VS. Kitty/Iceman VS. Pyro/Magneto getting cured/Dark Phoenix Destruction)
6. X1's Finale (Wolverine and Rogue)
7. "You Homosapiens and your guns" (X1)
8. Nightcrawler in the White House (X2)
9. Mansion Break-in (X2)
10. X-Jet Defense/"Landing" Scene in X2
11. Alkali Lake (X3)
12. Orientation at Xavier's (X1)
13. Golden Gate Bridge (X3)
14. Scott VS. Jean (X2)
15. Beast and Leech (X3)

well still, imo, the best scene in the whole trilogy came in the opening minutes of X1, wolverines barfight, when you first see those claws pop out it just is beutiful. better than any scene in x2 or 3.

as for each movie, their significant scene imo...

runner up from X1 is: the Wolverine mystique flying kick morph.

X2: The white house attack duh! lol
Runner up: would probably be the mansion attack for me :)

X3: there are alot in my opinion, yea now that i think about it, there are alot that I absolutly love, jeans fight with prof. x of course is the most well done. but wolverine walking up to pheonix, ugh the music, and the cinematography for that shot was just awesome. Juggernaut BASHING through the walls, you could feel it... Most notably probably my personal favorite scene in the movie is Wolverines entrance into alcatraz from the jet. the music into a climax and his jump is straight from a comic. chills.

ICEman.. nuffsaid

who can forget magneto just owning the truck convoy? those are some of my favs! :) :up:

Mine is close, but I'd have to say the entrance of the X-Men on Alcatraz, from the point where Magneto looks up at Storm, who just unleashes hell from the skies; and then definitely Wolverine scraping down the chute to line up his team was intense and memorable.

Followed by one of the most poignant lines I've ever heard, of course, "Traitors to their own cause..."

Storm frying Callisto, I really like that one shot (its also a great picture!!!)

I tried to keep this list in order...

-(X-Men: United) Magneto's escape from the plastic prison

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) X-Men arrive to Alcatraz, all entering the battlefield in their own unique way, with the theme music in the background / lineup shot of the X-Men lined up, prepared for battle

-(X-Men: United) The entire sequence of Jean Grey leaving the jet to save the X-Men from the rush of flood water

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Pyro attacks the cure clinic / Magneto releases terrorist threat tape to national media

-(X-Men: United) Nightcrawler's White House attack

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Wolverine's forest berserker rage / Magneto's forest "We are the cure" speech

-(X-Men: United) Wolverine's mansion berserker rage

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Magneto's church "Who will you stand with" speech

-(X-Men: United) Mystique goes through William Stryker's computer files of known mutants, with mutant named Remy LeBeau on the list of known mutants

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Mutant melee at the Grey residence; Juggernaut vs. Wolverine, Callisto vs. Storm, Phoenix vs. Xavier

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Wolverine marching up to stop Dark Phoenix, fighting against the demolecularization, adamantium skeleton showing, as he heals himself

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Magneto destroys the Golden Gate Bridge and redirects it to Alcatraz for the Brotherhood assault on Worthington Labs

-(X-Men: United) Colossus "metaling" up

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Magneto's attack on the mobile prison convoy containing Mystique

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) The Danger Room

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Angel rejects the cure and escapes from Worthington Industries

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Juggernaut chasing Kitty Pryde through Worthington Labs

-(X-Men: United) Dr. Henry McCoy debating mutant rights on national television

-(X-Men) Magneto's introductory flashback

-(X-Men) Senate hearing debating the Mutant Registration Act + interaction between Charles Xavier and Magneto

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Back and forth between Wolverine and Beast in the final battle: "I thought you were a diplomat", "As Checov once said, there comes a time when every man must..... OH YOU GET THE POINT!"

-(X-Men: The Last Stand) Iceman ices up against Pyro

-(X-Men: United) Magneto re-aligning Dark Cerebro

-(X-Men: United) Magneto pulling the grenade pins from the Cerebro guards

-(X-Men) Wolverine's cage fight introduction / bar fight introduction

-(X-Men: United) Magneto's "What's your real name, John?" speech to Pyro

God there are so many great scenes throughout the trilogy, there's no way I can list them all.

Some of my favs are...

X1
First time Wolverine's claws are unleashed in the bar scene
Logan's introduction to the X-Men
Scene with Cyke, Logan and Jean in bed room.(stay away from my girl)
Toad taking out all X-Men
Storm taking revenge on Toad
Magneto's spectacular entrance and first meeting with Wolverine
Chess scene in Magneto's plastic prison

X2
White House opening with Nightcrawler
Wolverine Mansion sequence
Storm/Nightcrawler scene in the X-Jet
Xavier and Magneto in plastic prison
X-Jet chase sequence
God among insects scene with Magneto
Jean saving X-Men and her 'death'
Phoenix bird at Alkali Lake

X3
Mystique interoggation
Xavier vs Jean and everything else at Jean's house
Juggernaut vs Kitty
Both Pyro and Iceman's scenes together
GG Bridge sequence
Phoenix unleashing her full fury in the final battle

I had loads of favourite scenes, but this would have to be the absolutel favourites for me:

X-Men

1. Opening scenes: The awakening of both Magneto and Rogue's powers and Jean's political debate with Senator Kelly.

2. The scene where Magneto rips open the train and announces to Wolverine that it was Rogue he was after and not him (I remember this from the Cinema so well, all the U.K fans had been led to believe that the storyline was Mags after Wolvie, and when he announced he wanted Rogue, everyone gasped!)

3. Magneto's mental battle with Xavier, holding the police at gunpoint

4. Storm flying out of the elevator and kicking Toad's ass (Obviously ignoring the pathetic "Do you know what happens to a Toad when it is struck by lightning" line)

5. Rogue getting her white streak

6. The scene with Wolverine holding an apparently dead Rogue then falling into a coma following the absorbtion

7. The end scene with Mags and Xavier, with that fabulous line of "I will always be there, old friend." - Shame they didn't act upon that really. I found it to be a really powerful moment and let's face it, Xavier was NEVER there!

X-2 United

1. Nightcrawler at the White House

2. Pyro, Rogue and Bobby in the Food Court. I just love the way Pyro winks to make the cigarette explode and then just stands there laughing.

3. Pyro going mental at Bobby's house. That scene is RIGHT up there in the favourites. It's definately one of the first ones that comes to mind when asked this question. There was nothing cheesy about it, and Aaron Stanford actually made me fall in love with a character I'd always hated in the comics. I think it was the he delivered before cutting loose. Powerful and amazing. HOT!

4. The Scott and Jean fight at Alkali Lake. I only wish it had gone on for slightly longer, but I really loved the fact that even though Scott was attacking her, you could see the pain in his face.

5. Jean using her powers to save the others, seeing the Phoenix awaken and Jean apparently sacrafice herself for the team. (Although I'll confess that I wasn't overly impressed with the effects used at this stage. It didn't seem like fire, just light.)

6. End scene showing the Phoenix firebird at Alkali Lake.

X-Men - The Last Stand

1. Scott having a go at Logan at the X-Mansion. I mean, who does he think he is anyway? You put him in his place Scott!

2. Pyro telling Quills to back off. LOVED that line!

3. Phoenix Vs Xavier at Jean's house. "Stay out of my head" was IMO one of the best delivered lines of the film, Famke almost snarls it. I just really wish they hadn't made her repeat it, it almost took the focus off the first warning.

4. Pyro V Iceman. I know it wasn't half of what it could have been, but I loved the general acting that took place. I just think the whole thing would have been better explained had they intensified the hinted love triangle between Rogue/Bobby and John. I mean, why suddenly hate your best friend enough to want to kill him? They should have really upped the jealousy angle.

5. The Phoenix Fury. Was NOT what I had expected and sure as hell was not the scene that the character or fans deserved to have. But there was something strangely powerful and chilling about it.

when wolverine met rogue (X1)
bobby and rogue in the classroom (X1)
jean and logan in the lab (X1)
when logan finishes fighting mystique the "ur a dick "part (X1)
rogue getting her streak (X1)
the ending 2 (X1)

when wolverine returns 2 the mansion (X2)
when wolverine see jean again (X2)
bobby and wolverine hav that talk in the kitchen before the mansion is attacked (X2)
when jean and storm meet nightcrawler (X2)
jean using her powers in the jet chase (X2)
the kissy scene between jean and logan (X2)
mystique in logans tent as jean (X2)
jean using her powers at the end of X2 (X2)

the young angel scene (X3)
the danger room (X3)
rogue getting mad at bobby (X3)
the "whos the furball " scene (X3)
mystique threating 2 kill the gaurd (X3)
jean vs scott (X3)
the jean and logan lab scene (X3)
phoenix vs xavier (X3)
rogue spots bobby and kitty (X3)
rogue and logan (X3)
phoenix and magneto (X3)
wolverine finding phoenix (X3)
golden gate bridge (X3)
the "grow those back " line (X3)
juggs vs kitty (X3)
pyro vs iceman (X3)
wolverine vs phoenix (X3)