• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Best scene of the Trilogy!

Cyclops said:
Yeah, I saw it. It pissed me off with it's awfulness.
wow r u kidding!?!? i get gooesbumps everytime i see that! thats like the best comic book movie scene everrr.

concerning the storm scene yeah the line sucked. but when she rises from the elevator with the electricity flying n then walks towards him with the wind all over it reminded me soo much of comic book/cartoon storm. you see just how devesating her power can be its amazing. but yeah i still think phoenix vs. xavier is one of the best scenes out of the trilogy.

Well, what can I say? I find it hard to enjoy specific scenes from the worst movie I've ever seen. *shrug*

Phoenix vs Xavier was amazing and beautiful at the same time. The way that scene was executed was great. Nightcrawler at the White House is my second pic and Wolverine vs Lady Deathstrike is number 3. I just love those. Nothing really stood out to me in X1.

The X-jet chase sequence(X2).I remember being utterly dumbfounded after that.Nightcrawler/Whitehouse.The showdown in Jean's neighbourhood.That was so much fun in the cinema.Everybody,old,young just went mad when Halle did the stormnado,then being severely creeped out by dark phoenix,and i remember seeing big men and women clutching their mouths when jean lifted him up.Fun.

Haha, I guess I'll join in by not being able to pick just one.

X-Men:

- Magneto and Xavier's scenes (Senate hearing and prison scene)

- Wolverine's cage match

- Watching the snow and wind suddenly pick up and coalesce, knowing that Storm and other X-Men (Cyclops) had arrived to stave off Sabretooth.

- Magneto v. the police (Car lifting, gun switching, and a suspended bullet).

- The rumbling of the elevator shaft, after which Storm easily annihilates Toad (despite the infamous dialogue . . . I was used to loads of it from the Animated Series by then).

X2:

- Nightcrawler's attack at the White House

- The Mansion invasion (Colossus, Wolverine, etc.)

- The X-Jet sequence (more of Storm's awesome potential, the first glimpses of the fire in Jean's eyes, and everything else).

- Mystique entering Stryker's base

- Cyclops v. Jean Grey (short--but it is one of the only non-fist, strictly powers struggles in all three films . . . and it is the only X-Man v. X-Man fight as well).

- Jean's death

- The Phoenix effect preparing to emerge from Alkali Lake

The Last Stand:

- Jean, Magneto, and Xavier at Jean's house (Jean's screaming at Xavier, "No, STOP IT!" is very affective . . . more of this would have been d**n nice).

- Kitty racing Juggernaut (before the nod to internet humor)

oh, and Moira (not my favorite scenes, but Olivia Williams' brief portrayal :up: )

Oh yeah and the Phoenix effect at the end.I was not a very big xmen fan when i went to see X2 the first time,so i just thought jean grey was just being awesome,then in the end when it clicked,i screamed "PHOEEENIXXXXX!!!!!"(causing all my friends to fly out of the theater).

Goddessreicho said:
Best scene...I gotcha best scene right here!

X1: ending credits
X2: ending credits
X3: looking at my watch and realizing that I only wasted 104 mins and not over two hrs like the other two times
:confused:
If you hated all the 3 movies, what are you doing on a message board dedicated to the X-movies? Really... :whatever:

Okaaaay...best scenes:
X1 - * Cage fight
* Logan´s claws showing up for the first time
* Logan and Rogue inside the truck, when she asks him about his claws
* Magneto and Xavier meeting after Jean´s speech. Love how that scene was shoot. And their chess scene at the end, too.
* Logan´s nightmare sequence, stabbing Rogue...the look in his eyes when he realized what he had done
* Magneto´s "Homo Sapiens and your guns" speech
* Logan saving Rogue with his healing factor...beautiful...

X2 - * Nightcrawler attacks!
* Logan and Xavier inside Cerebro
* The entire sequence inside the mansion, starting with Logan´s nightmare, his conversation with Bobby, berserker rage, confronting Stryker...I love everything about those scenes, to me they´re the most memorable from the entire trilogy
* Magneto escapes. Memorable too
* Logan and Mystique inside the tent
* Logan and Deathstrike
* Jean saving her friends
* The X-Men facing the president

X3 - * Little Angel´s scene
* Beast meeting Leech
* Logan and Storm arriving at the lake...it was quite a surreal scene
* Logan and Jean´s lab scene
* Phoenix vs Xavier...fantastic!
* Mags and the bridge
* Kitty vs Juggy
* When Mags is "cured"
* "Would you die for them?
Not for them...for you!
Save me...
I love you..."
Great scene, and the music there is wonderful too
* Mags playing chess, a fragile old man alone

Man, I love that trilogy! :):up:

X3

"I`ll spray you in the face B*tch!"

Favorite scenes from trilogy:

1. X1: deleted scene between Xavier and Jean
2. X1: deleted scene with Scott and Jean as Scott teaches autoshop
3. X1: deleted scene between Jean and Xavier having tea
4. X2: Museum scene, pretty much all of it
5. X2: Deleted scene - The night-time motorcycle ride scene
6. X2: the mansion attack scene, the X-kids using their powers
7. X2: Jean's sacrifice at the end of X2
8. X2: NightCrawler's scene onboard the X-Jet with Ororo
9. X2: X-men go visit the US President

I'm still waiting for the third movie in the series to come out. Once it does I'm sure I'll have some favorite scenes from it too :)

Loganbabe said:
:confused:
If you hated all the 3 movies, what are you doing on a message board dedicated to the X-movies? Really... :whatever:

Why am I on these boards? Well I saw the first Blade movie, Spiderman, and BB. Everysince 1996 when I heard that the first X-men movie was going to be released I expected a realalistic portrayal of the comic book icons I have grown up with. I am a third generation X-men fan and I expected more than the lazy, boring, half-assed, completely brand new, cardboard cut-out, and washed out marionettes I got on screen.

This is a perfect place to say that! :D

Goddessreicho said:
This is a perfect place to say that! :D
Of course it is, if you´re a masochist...:o

ntcrawler said:
I'm still waiting for the third movie in the series to come out. Once it does I'm sure I'll have some favorite scenes from it too
Well, if you like to live in denial, good luck waiting until the next millenium for a X3! :up:

Loganbabe said:

Me a masochist...hahahahahaaaa. Obviosuly you havent been reading the majority of the post outside of Hugh's thread.

Another thing you haven't really done, and it too is obvious, is read an x-men comic book dating back past 2005.

And you haven't touched God Loves Man Kills. That along with the Dark Knight Returns are two of the best written state side graphic novels. God Loves was one of the biggest reasons why I hated X2. Stryker's religious zealotry is the reason why his own men killed him. Here's a big suprise for you Loganbabe, Stryker had NOTHING to do with Wolverine. Stryker hated all mutants thinking that they were a deviation from the natural order of God, and that they were the ultimate sin. So techinically, Stryker was everyone's problem, not Wolverine's personal past.

I truly wish they had stuck with the direction of God Loves because the moral of that story was beautiful and universal. Instead they did a real diservice and fused it with the Weapon X story. So what we got was a half-a**ed God Love and Weapon X.

The first movie was an utter disaster to the original movie-verse. X3 was a chance to give Jean a backstory, yes, it sucked but it was better than the nothing orgin story that Scott, Hank and Ororo got. Everyone got shortchanged in this trilogy on and off screen as well as every single last fan. There isn't a real full time fan out there that should be pleased with the crap we were spoon fed in this trilogy.

If you, Loganbabe, can't see that, then its obvious that you haven't read enough back comics.

X1

Rogue meeting wolverine
mystique and wolverine fight in the statue of liberty
Magneto ripping the train
Strom and cyclops at the train station

X2

Nightcrawler in the whitehouse
Everything that happened in the museum
Mansion invasion
pyros scene outside bobbys house
storms tornados
Rogue flying out of the x jet
wolverine finding out his past
wolverine v lady deathstrike
jeans sacrifice

X3

Dangeroom
Young angel
Young jean grey
Pheonix v xavier
Angel escaping
magneto being cured
kitty v juggs
wolverine killing pheonix

As much as I was sorely disappointed with X-men 3, Phoenix vs. Xavier has to rank up there as ONE OF the best sequences in the trilogy for me. Not the best, but one of...

The Danger Room sequence has to be the worst executed scene for me.

Loganbabe said:
No, I'm an optimist and a romantic :cyclops:

Well, if you like to live in denial, good luck waiting until the next millenium for a X3! :up:

Oh I'll be there. Thank you :) I even made reservations at Milliways for the ocassion. Care to meet the meat? Or would you prefer a salad instead? Though I must warn you, some of those vegetables probably don't appreciate being eaten...

But the actual X3 movie will come out much sooner than that.

Goddessreicho said:
Me a masochist...hahahahahaaaa. Obviosuly you havent been reading the majority of the post outside of Hugh's thread.
I´ve been reading all the threads, except Cyke´s pity party thread and dumb stuff like "if you hate the movie, post here. I´m quite a reader, actually. What I am not is a maniac poster.

Another thing you haven't really done, and it too is obvious, is read an x-men comic book dating back past 2005.
Hahahaaaa...now it´s my time to laugh. I´ve been reading the comics for ages, thank you. I really don´t feel the need to give you a list of all the X-Men and Wolverine comics I´ve read, but what I really find amusing is that anyone who likes the trilogy (and who, sin of all sins, liked X3) is promptly accused of "not knowing enough about the comics". I find it incredibly arrogant, because altough I´ve read a lot of X-comics, I know a lot of people who enjoyed the movies and didn´t read the comics. I don´t see a problem with that; people can enjoy both the comics and the movies, or only the comics or only the movies, as far as I can see. But posting on a message board dedicated to a movie just to lecture people on "not reading enough comics" is totally out of place. I post on another message board dedicated to X-Men comics, and I talk only about the comics there. I know that SHH has boards dedicated to the comics, but this one here is the "X-Men - The Last Stand" board. I´m not interested if all the posters here read God Loves Man Kills as far as they can give interesting opinions about X3.

And you haven't touched God Loves Man Kills.
:rolleyes:
Yeah, okay, if that makes you happy...

Here's a big suprise for you Loganbabe, Stryker had NOTHING to do with Wolverine.
No kidding! :eek:
Hehe, sorry, it´s really amusing. I know a lot about the comics, and I have like a phd on Wolvie. :p I love the character, I know all there is to know about him, all about Weapon X, the Professor, Cornelius, Hines, and that Stryker had nothing to do with the project and yadda yadda yadda. Knowing it didn´t keep me from enjoying the movies, and I don´t think it should keep other people from enjoying them, too.

If you, Loganbabe, can't see that, then its obvious that you haven't read enough back comics.
I´ve read enough back comics, maybe even more than you...the only difference is that I don´t go on braggin about it. :o

DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

THE WESYEED BICH.

Best scene? It's got to be when nightcrawler owned everyone in the whitehouse.

^^^

here here! That was a good scene.

Loganbabe, tsk tsk. A PhD in Wolverine? I thought no one knew more about hiim than Hugh, or so says the official propaganda.:rolleyes: . Looks like I chose the wrong major in college.

ntcrawler said:
Looks like I chose the wrong major in college.
Oh, don´t be jealous of Hugh and me, you can have a Phd on Wolvie too! :up:

The X2 introduction of Colossus was so freakin awesome!!..They could have built that character so strong after that scene but instead they turned him into Wolverine`s mute throwing B*TCH... :(

So thats my Favorite but I wish they would have done more with the character...

The storm tornado scene was probably the best. I still gasp as that scene everytime I see it. From that moment on I was like halle is storm.

the opening CGI sequences and the closing cerebro door in all 3 movies count as some of thbest scenes. each opening pumped you up (it did me anyway!!)

also storms balcony seqeunce, VERY short, but the effects were stunningly beutiful!!!

Goddessreicho said:
Best scene...I gotcha best scene right here!

X1: ending credits
X2: ending credits
X3: looking at my watch and realizing that I only wasted 104 mins and not over two hrs like the other two times
ok......:huh:

god/devil said:
The storm tornado scene was probably the best. I still gasp as that scene everytime I see it. From that moment on I was like halle is storm.

It looked to me like there was a cut scene before Storm does her tornado thing. I felt this way for most of the scenes in X-men 3. Everything just went by so fast.

in no particuliar order:

Xavier Vs Phoenix

Storm and Nightcrawler on XJET

Crawler at White House

Mansion Invasion

Tornado Scene

Magneto Prison escape/ Freeing mutants from jail convoy

Storm and Xavier scenes (balcony, telling her shes next in line, grieving over empty chair, funeral)

Golden Gate Bridge sequence

Storm , Wolvie vs Callisto, juggy fight (Jean's House)

Storm vs toad

Alcatraz sequence

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"