• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Were any of the character arcs truly completed at the end of X3?

Sketchee said:
I suppose Scott should just marry a woman who looks exactly like Jean, have a baby with her, and then abandon the woman and child as soon as Jean turns out to be alive again. That is a much better view of Scott. ;)
Haha, I suppose things could be worse - I really hate that turn in the comics.
icon10.gif

I wouldn't have minded depressed-unshaven Cyke in the beginning of X3 if he had actually, you know, had a chance to overcome it in the course of the film...which he doesn't.

Sketchee said:
Yes she's powerful. Let's not ignore that X2 didn't say WHY she was powerful. The point this time wasn't that she was powerful, it was a mystery in X2 and the ending left us to find out why she was powerful. If the fact that what happened to her in X2 happened for a reason isn't important new information, then I can't imagine what more could be done fore her.
So you still haven't answered what it is we have learned about Jean in this movie? We still don't know WHY she was powerful. She was just born that way. Wow. We could have figured that out from the second movie. What revelations did we have about the character in X3? Did we get insight into her homelife? Not really. Did we get to know more about her relationship with Scott? No. She existed purely as a plot point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"