• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Superhero film fights

Spider-man 2's subway is still the best.
The Incredible Hulk is second.
Iron Man's beatdown of the The ten rings is third to me.

Well to be fair, that's what usually happens to Wolverine when he goes up against someone as skilled as him. His healing factor usually sees him through then he goes berserk.

He rarely dominates anyone apart from nameless fodder.

That's the point though, he didn't even go beserk at the end of the fight.

Spider-man 2's subway is still the best.
The Incredible Hulk is second.
Iron Man's beatdown of the The ten rings is third to me.

I love that battle as well, it's a very underrated fight scene in my opinion

.. Instead they had Wolverine fight Juggs, which was quite lame.

They had Wolverine do everything, which was one of the reasons why that movie sucked so much.

They had Wolverine do everything, which was one of the reasons why that movie sucked so much.

Hell yeah, they had a perfectly good powerhouse (Colossus) that shoud've been put to good use.

I wish they would've kept Cyclops alive as well, because he's one of the most important characters and a powerhouse in his own right.

Hell yeah, they had a perfectly good powerhouse (Colossus) that shoud've been put to good use.

I wish they would've kept Cyclops alive as well, because he's one of the most important characters and a powerhouse in his own right.

I was literally sick after I saw that movie. It took a lot to even come back to the forums to talk about it.
Shame too because with the setup from X2 it had the potential to be the greatest of movies...
Sigh. Maybe someday when and if Marvel gets the rights back. Hopefully before I'm too old to enjoy it.

Yep, that's our only hope in seeing Cyclops and Colossus done right in a film for once :up:

Thor and co vs. the Frost Giants is definitely near the top of the list.

"General - would you care to step outside?"
:supes:

^ That was the movies only redeeming quality. Those sequences with the tanks and helicopters were pretty good...

Best fight scene in Marvel movies has to be Nightcrawler v. Secret Service

I know I might be in the minority, but I prefer TIH's campus battle of Ang Lee's army battle.

^ I also liked that battle. Good, creative action sequence... ESPECIALLY with the comic-tech inspired sonic cannons.

Howecver, the thing about the 2003 tank confrontation that resonates with me is that they really sold the level of Hulk's power. He took a tank shell in the chest, tore off a tank turret and used it as a club, whirled a tank around and threw it about half-a-mile... That is the comic book Hulk that I know...

Last edited:
True, Hulk's level of power was a good bit higher in the 2003 tank confrontation and I liked how Ang showed off Hulk's regeneration ability.

TIH's Hulk did shrug off a few blast from a grenade launcher though, he even withstood a Gunship helicopter crashing directly into him.

^ I blame the the writer(s) and director for selling Hulk a bit short in TIH regarding power level and resistance/durability.

Compare Superman Returns and the over-sized gatling gun shots to the chest, to the "implied" bullet impact in TIH from the gunship (we don't actually see bullet impact ala SMR). Even when Ross told the guy to cut Abomination in half with the mini-gun, we don't see actual bullet impact. This happenned a lot with Thing in F4, also. His power level was inconsistantly depicted.

Thor and co vs Frost Giants. Pretty awesome. Especially the end where Thor takes flight. Will have Thor fans giddy, trust me.

^ I also liked that battle. Good, creative action sequence... ESPECIALLY with the comic-tech inspired sonic cannons.

Howecver, the thing about the 2003 tank confrontation that resonates with me is that they really sold the level of Hulk's power. He took a tank shell in the chest, tore off a tank turret and used it as a club, whirled a tank around and threw it about half-a-mile... That is the comic book Hulk that I know...

Definately, he was a lot more powerful in the 2003 film, which is one of the reasons I prefer that too TIH, also, i just felt the 2003 movie told its story better and got more into the character.

True, Hulk's level of power was a good bit higher in the 2003 tank confrontation and I liked how Ang showed off Hulk's regeneration ability.

TIH's Hulk did shrug off a few blast from a grenade launcher though, he even withstood a Gunship helicopter crashing directly into him.

Grenade Launcher would do half the damage a tank shell would do though, and 2003 Hulk survived falling from the stratosphere, that would hurt more than helicopter crashing on you but not directly hitting you.

Thor and co vs Frost Giants. Pretty awesome. Especially the end where Thor takes flight. Will have Thor fans giddy, trust me.

Watched it last night and I have to agree with you here, the fight sceen blew me away, it was fast, fun, full of action and very cool.:woot:

^ I blame the the writer(s) and director for selling Hulk a bit short in TIH regarding power level and resistance/durability.

Compare Superman Returns and the over-sized gatling gun shots to the chest, to the "implied" bullet impact in TIH from the gunship (we don't actually see bullet impact ala SMR). Even when Ross told the guy to cut Abomination in half with the mini-gun, we don't see actual bullet impact. This happenned a lot with Thing in F4, also. His power level was inconsistantly depicted.

Well, there was bullet impact from the gunship, when Hulk was covering Betty you could see bullets bouncing off his skin.

Grenade Launcher would do half the damage a tank shell would do though, and 2003 Hulk survived falling from the stratosphere, that would hurt more than helicopter crashing on you but not directly hitting you.

Didn't he land in the water when he fell from the stratosphere?

I know a tank shell is more powerful than a grenade launcher but taking a couple shots from one is still pretty impressive, Hulk really wasn't THAT weak in TIH.

Last edited:
Top Three

"Angry Man" v.s. US Military (Hulk)
Iron Man v.s. Al Queda / US Air Force (Iron Man)
Batman v.s. GPD SWAT / Joker Goons (The Dark Knight)

You are aware that after a certain point the height from which you fall no longer makes any difference, right? Terminal velocity and all that. Falling from 500 ft or 10,000 ft really makes no difference.

Didn't he land in the water when he fell from the stratosphere?

Also, from such a height landing on water or concrete makes no difference as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"