Which superhero franchise has the best action?

The Chris

TDK Trilogy Forever!
Reaction score
Inspired by the Fantastic 4 2 vs Spidey 3 action poll, which series has the best action?

Spider-Man gets my vote. Time square duel, bridge save followed by dark throwdown, bank fight to save aunt may, train fight, ock's lair, crane save, armored truck fight, subway showdown, harry and peter fights, battle royale. All rock.

This is pretty much a given that Spiderman does.

The sad thing is that Superman had the potential, but the best Singer could do for a climax in SR was have Superman lift a rock.

This is pretty much a given that Spiderman does.

The sad thing is that Superman had the potential, but the best Singer could do for a climax in SR was have Superman lift a rock.
Yeah, that's pretty sad, and the only build up he could offer was Superman lifting other similarly heavy objects (cars, planes, globes, etc).

Spider-Man Trilogy By Far

Hands down, Spider-Man movies!

Blade has great martial art scenes, but as the question is about best superhero action, it has to be Spider-Man.

your freindly neighborhood spider-man

As for movies not on the poll, Casshern has incredible action.

The Spider-Man franchise.

what no Hellboy? No 300? No Punisher?
not much to choose from

what no Hellboy? No 300? No Punisher?
not much to choose from

i doubt 300 counts as a SUPER-HERO movie also some fans DON'T consider punisher a super -hero but an anti-hero

Definitely Spider-Man. Even SM3 was at least successful in terms of the action scenes; like the comics come to life, exactly how these characters would fight. Simply amazing.

Spider-Man definitely has the most action but I don't necessarily think it's the best action, it's very in your face. I prefer the more subtle action moments in the X-Men trilogy tbh.

Yeah, that's pretty sad, and the only build up he could offer was Superman lifting other similarly heavy objects (cars, planes, globes, etc).

Exactly. That may have been the weakest film, and it had the potential to be the best. Let's make Superman an illegitemate father, give him a rock to lift for the climax, and don't bother having a superhero/supervillain battle. That was probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a comic book film, because the film could have been so great, but ended up so weak and lame.

There's a reason it didn't do well at the box office. It was boring.

Exactly. That may have been the weakest film, and it had the potential to be the best. Let's make Superman an illegitemate father, give him a rock to lift for the climax, and don't bother having a superhero/supervillain battle. That was probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a comic book film, because the film could have been so great, but ended up so weak and lame.

There's a reason it didn't do well at the box office. It was boring.

A. It did do well at the box office. Warner Bros. were hoping for a bigger hit, but it was a hit nonetheless.

B. Superman the Movie has no supervillains either.

C. Superman is not about fight scenes, it's about rescue scenes. It's about Superman saving people.

A. It did do well at the box office. Warner Bros. were hoping for a bigger hit, but it was a hit nonetheless.

B. Superman the Movie has no supervillains either.

C. Superman is not about fight scenes, it's about rescue scenes. It's about Superman saving people.

It really didn't do that well for the amount of money put into it.

S:TM is overrated, IMO. The movie is so dated one of the reasons SR did poorly was it's connection to that movie.

The logic for C while I can see where you're coming from, is not entirely why people want to see a Superman film. Sure rescuing people is fine. However, if that's the best it is going to get, than that's pretty sad. You can do rescues and still have a great superhero/supervillain battle. I'm not saying every scene needs to be a battle scene, but having one may have helped the film. Most people I know who were disenchanted with the movie didn't like it for that reason and for giving Superman his Superson.

It really didn't do that well for the amount of money put into it.

S:TM is overrated, IMO. The movie is so dated one of the reasons SR did poorly was it's connection to that movie.

The logic for C while I can see where you're coming from, is not entirely why people want to see a Superman film. Sure rescuing people is fine. However, if that's the best it is going to get, than that's pretty sad. You can do rescues and still have a great superhero/supervillain battle. I'm not saying every scene needs to be a battle scene, but having one may have helped the film. Most people I know who were disenchanted with the movie didn't like it for that reason and for giving Superman his Superson.

Are you aware that supervillains (and thus superhero vs supervillain fight scenes) only really arrived with the Silver Age of comicbooks? The original Superman stories never had any of that stuff.

Also, Superman Returns shows Superman as a messianic figure, a saviour. What he is doing is more than rescuing people - he's performing miracles. That's far more powerful and intresting, and true to the character, than a fight scene could be. Superman is not here to fight people, he's here to help.

This is how superheroes are supposed to work.

An innocent person is in peril.
Superhero in secret identity spots this, and hurries to change into superhero garb.
Race against time, suspense.
Hero arrives just in time, and saves person from peril in some spectacular way only they can.
Euphoria on the part of the viewer/reader.

That's how it works. The drama is not whether Superman will be killed, it's if the innocent(s) in danger will be killed, it's whether Superman can get there in time.

Superman Returns helped me understand this so much better.

Are you aware that supervillains (and thus superhero vs supervillain fight scenes) only really arrived with the Silver Age of comicbooks? The original Superman stories never had any of that stuff.

Also, Superman Returns shows Superman as a messianic figure, a saviour. What he is doing is more than rescuing people - he's performing miracles. That's far more powerful and intresting, and true to the character, than a fight scene could be. Superman is not here to fight people, he's here to help.

This is how superheroes are supposed to work.

An innocent person is in peril.
Superhero in secret identity spots this, and hurries to change into superhero garb.
Race against time, suspense.
Hero arrives just in time, and saves person from peril in some spectacular way only they can.
Euphoria on the part of the viewer/reader.

That's how it works. The drama is not whether Superman will be killed, it's if the innocent(s) in danger will be killed, it's whether Superman can get there in time.

Superman Returns helped me understand this so much better.

I'm glad it worked for you. I'm aware of the whole messianic angle. I've used Superman metaphors and symbolism in university courses I've taught. You can still use the messianic angle and present a great superhero/supervillain battle. I still think SR was lame. You liked it. That's fine. Different strokes.

While the old stories were nice for their time, and from a purist point I can understand why they might be interesting, I find them rather boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"