Which superhero franchise has the best action?

dude first 10 minutes in x2 is the greatest scene ever involving mutants....

spiderman by FAR

graveyard - GG
clock tower/train - DOC OCK
armored car - SANDMAN
subway - SANDMAN
rooftops - GG2

far and away the best superhuman fights commited to film.

If we being real Batman stopped being a superhero in 1989, Batman is a vigilante, Blade is a vigilante. But to answer the question Blade has the best action, just because you dont view him as a superhero is on you.

Blade stops bad guys
Batman stops bad guys

Spider-Man is my favorite hero but he does not top Blade.

X2 and Batman Begins have had the best action sequences

^^ True good point that doesn't make him any less of a superhero. Blade doesn't kill the innocent either.

That would be in your eyes my friend, you strike me as a BB hater

Please don't start with the 'hater' insult, it's childish.

Spider-Neil's point is valid. It is hard to follow the action in Batman Begins.

Sure it´s a valid point cause some people do find it hard to follow but I for one don´t find it hard to follow the action and it wasn´t made as an insult

Besides the white house opener, X2's action is mediocre at best.

The action is boring in the Superman movies IMO

F4 action is awful, nothing cool about any of it

Batman action scenes are pretty cool but...

Spider-Man wins it, hands down

Well isn't this easy. Spider-man.

B. Superman the Movie has no supervillains either.
That's a decent point, but it swings both ways. The S:TM had no supervillains or super-fights, partly because it was setting up the origin. And it worked. But I would argue that, with that out of the way, we ought to be able to move on to some elaborate fights that we see in Superman II and other comic book movies. We have one Superman movie without any big bad guys or big fights; I'm not sure we really need two.

what no Hellboy? No 300? No Punisher?
not much to choose from
Well if u go by title of thread none of those movies are franchises. Hellboy has 1 movie, 300 not a superhero movie,punisher will agree not exactly a superhero,and with 1 movie not a franchise...
Ya,shame on OP for not putting in Blade series. It would of made this more intersting,though I still would of put spiderman,but not by much...

Each Spider-Man movie has amazing action. While SM1 does not have the vertigo and awe-inspiring images of the latter sequels (or X2 for that matter) it does have a in your face sense that most superhero movies (under R) don't get. And the sequels....Train fight and first Harry fight. 'Nuff said.

Spidey and X-men should be the only ones in the polls. No other superhero franchise has had more than one movie besides FF in the modern era.

Spidey and X-men should be the only ones in the polls. No other superhero franchise has had more than one movie besides FF in the modern era.

But there would be no Spiderman or X-men films if not for Donner and Burton getting comic films truly started.

As for the topic...it's tough...

I say what action X2 has (White House attack, X Mansion Attack, Logan vs. Deathstrike) is the best.

I would have to say that if one franchise didn't belong, it's the Superman films.

The action needed in a Superman film was too far ahead of its time. The battle between Supes and the Kryptonians in Superman 2 was only as good as the visual effects. That fight, as exciting as it was for the early 80s and still is in a nostalgic sense, is severely dated now, especcially following "urban fights" like the Neo/Smith fight in Matrix Revolutions.

If they did that fight now, I'm certain it would be the slam-bang action sequence it needed to be.

CFE

Spider-man wins this easily but some that deserve honorary mentions:

1. The Hulk (Hulk vs. Military :eek: )
2. The Incredibles
3. Blade
3. X-men

It really didn't do that well for the amount of money put into it.

That's not exactly the fault of the movie, now is it? If WB hadn't thrown so much damn money at Singer and Co, he could've made a movie that was just as good with a much more modest budget (Look at what Bay did with Transformers with only $150 million). Not to mention all the money WB blew just trying to get Superman off the ground for the last 10 years, what with the numerous failed starts (including a lot of work done on the Burton flick).

Superman Returns made more money than Batman Begins. More people saw this movie. Yet Begins is considered a hit because of it's smaller budget. Cut all the business crap; from an artistic standpoint, is that really a fair call to make?

But on topic, obviously Spider-Man wins by a landslide. Even for all it's flaws, I don't see how anyone with functioning eyes and a pulse can say that the action in SM3 doesn't obliterate all other superhero movies. (Though on that note, Die Hard 4 and Transformers both kicked the crap out of SM3 in the action department).

I'm confused by your Sig, Kevin.
Do you like Superman Returns or not?
Why no Transformers?
I consider Optimus Prime a Superhero.
My vote is for them.

Spider-Man is the easy winner here. Spider-Man 2's action set pieces have yet to be topped by any subsequent superhero movie.

This is pretty much a given that Spiderman does.

The sad thing is that Superman had the potential, but the best Singer could do for a climax in SR was have Superman lift a rock.
Am I the only person who thinks Superman had more trouble stopping the plane from crashing than he did with lifting the Kryptonite Island :huh: :ninja:
Anyway,my vote goes to the Spider-Man trilogy (Quadrilogy if you want to be pedantic & include Spider-Man 2.1:oldrazz: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"