Age of Extinction Best Transformers sequel (live action)?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Well, vote away people, I think overall TF1 will win any overall poll with these movies, and so it should, as its the best movie of the series, but I really enjoyed AoE, it fixed a lot of the problems I had with the 2nd and 3rd movies.

Easily Age of Extinction for me. I actually liked the human characters this time, the story was interesting and I thought the man made Transformers and the introduction of Galvatron were brilliant. Lockdown was easily the best villain the films have had. A lot less Autobots fighting for screentime here which meant we actually got to know them a bit better than in previous movies.

Easily Age of Extinction for me. I actually liked the human characters this time, the story was interesting and I thought the man made Transformers and the introduction of Galvatron were brilliant. Lockdown was easily the best villain the films have had. A lot less Autobots fighting for screentime here which meant we actually got to know them a bit better than in previous movies.

Sums up my feelings perfectly. There are plenty of parts of ROTF and DOTM I like, and both have some of the best moments of the series, but as a whole AoE is just much more satisfying.

Currently it is Dark of the Moon, but I plan on seeing Age of Extinction this week! So I won't vote just yet

They are all terrible sequels, but Dark of the moon is the least offensive of the bunch.

Revenge of the Fallen for me. I like all of them, if they're on, I'll watch them, commercials and all, but I like the battle sequences, the bots that are in it, Meagan Fox isn't the damsel in distress, Sam is. Shia plays crazy guy with scrambled brain really well(see current news items), the bad human is a regular bureaucrat.

I think Age of Extinction was just too long overall, really enjoyed Lockdown, thought Mark did a good job as the action hero. I liked the Galvatron/Stinger designs, but wasn't a fan of their transform animation, the explanation of the transformium I groaned at, it was like midichlorians in Star Wars.. Also thought the Dinobots rocked.

I thought DOTM would get more votes, I remember people liking that movie when it 1st came out.

AOE. ROTF was a crime against cinema and a blight upon the history of fiction. DOTM was a little better, but only in the sense of a polished turd being better than a regular turd. Technically true, but not much of an accomplishment. AOE wasn't completely terrible. It was still stupid, nonsensical, used bad cultural/ethnic stereotypes, terrible portrayals of female characters, and was WAY too long. However, those were toned down in comparison to the previous two films. Also, the villains were cool, the Autobots got some actual screentime/development, Mark Wahlberg is a major upgrade over Shia LaBeouf, and the action was much easier to follow.

AOE. ROTF was a crime against cinema and a blight upon the history of fiction. DOTM was a little better, but only in the sense of a polished turd being better than a regular turd. Technically true, but not much of an accomplishment. AOE wasn't completely terrible. It was still stupid, nonsensical, used bad cultural/ethnic stereotypes, terrible portrayals of female characters, and was WAY too long. However, those were toned down in comparison to the previous two films. Also, the villains were cool, the Autobots got some actual screentime/development, Mark Wahlberg is a major upgrade over Shia LaBeouf, and the action was much easier to follow.

Pretty much this.

All films were bad (minus 1), but each sequel gradually improved on the franchise. By Transformers 4, the franchise reached the "dumb junk film" category where the film is overall still bad, but the fights are cool and make it somewhat enjoyable. It's not a good movie by normal movie standards, but it's good by Transformers movie standards. Also 4 actually has a story, unlike 2 and 3. Not necessarily a good story, but a story nonetheless.

At this rate, Transformers 6 or 7 may be a legitimately good movie :woot: :o.

Age of Extinction. Only two major faults were the length and the existence of Mark's daughter/ her boyfriend of which I think they said a combined 5 sentences in the movie. Otherwise I thought it was an excellent flick.

I voted Dark of the Moon.

I am not a fan of the new designs for the robots even though I love the sleek look they have. I liked the old robots better.

Transformer AOE, because Design Cgi Optimus Prime & Transform Truck is look Great & Super Cool.....Outstanding

Last edited:
Dark of the Moon and it's not even close, it had one of the most impressive city battles i've seen, even if the plot wasn't very good. AoE was ridiculous from beginning to end, aside from maybe the designs, i found pretty much everything to be a step down.

Not even DotM had such terrible lines like "My face is the warrant", "Never is here" or "Defend my family, or die...for freedom!"

The intro scene was also pretty good

[YT]QAVm2VUIEl4[/YT]

In short, Dark of the Moon felt like a labor of hard work from Bay, felt like he was trying to up himself, even if it was still the usual mess his movies are, Age of Extinction felt like just "hired work", as the cgi was not all that impressive this time, the pacing got even worse, and the major set-pieces were kinda bland.

I would rate the sequels as:
RotF: 3/10
DotM: 4/10
AoE: 3/10

None of them could be called "best". But I think the third one was the least horrendously awful one. Probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"