Birds of Prey 2010 comeback!

^ Dinah said "two names come to mind...Cassandra cain... or Shive Wooson...god help us."

so yeah, it very well could be... and i truly hope it is. Just the fact that they threw Cass out there as a potential villian in the first issue bothered me lol. Still, it makes me smile to think that when BC thinks of fighting Cass, her immediate response is "god help us" :awesome:

Lady Shiva really hates Dinah, too. Seems a lot likelier that she would be some new, super-badass martial artist who's actively trying to torment Dinah.

I did not know they had a history... i'm all for shiva being a villian. Her connection to cassandra means we are more likely to see her again soon :)

Lady Shiva really hates Dinah, too. Seems a lot likelier that she would be some new, super-badass martial artist who's actively trying to torment Dinah.

I wouldn't say she hates her. Those two are far more complicated than that. Dinah's probably the only person in the whole world that Shiva actually thinks of as a friend. After all, she wanted Dinah to take over from her after she was dead not too long ago

It's just that she knows Dinah is on the opposing side and she's perfectly willing to kill her if she has to.

Still, it makes me smile to think that when BC thinks of fighting Cass, her immediate response is "god help us" :awesome:

I think that response was for Shiva.

Could've been for either of them, really, since they're both at about the same skill level. Cass barely managed to beat Shiva in their last fight and Shiva's only got that one win from "Death Wish" on Cass, if I recall correctly.

anyone remember DC's "Big big plans" for Cassandra Cain in 2010? I'm loving how that has worked out :dry:

I loved the first issue. It is like they never left. I'm not a big fan of Hawk and Dove ... I do not see why a man is in the team. I could understand for Dove, but not Hawk. I would prefer Gypsy.
I'm not a fan at all, I despise them, in fact. But I care for the birds. Funny how I somehow guessed that the opponent was a White Canary. Cool Stuff, glad to see huntress, glad to see Zinda, and above all I'm *****ing glad and proud to read a CLEVER Dinah. I have been missing this since the end of BoP. :up: :up:
This has been my favorite book for a long time, and I think it is beginning to be again.

What's wrong with a man on the team? I mean, yeah, Hawk shouldn't be on the team, but that's because he sucks, not because he's a man. The Birds were never, as far as I recall, actually supposed to be an all-girl team in Babs' mission statement. She just struck up a partnership with Dinah and then expanded it to include other friends who also happened to be women. She never put up a sign over their HQ's doors saying "No Pee-Pees Allowed!" or anything. :o

Wasn't Blue Beetle (Ted Kord version) down with them for a little while?

He helped Babs out because he was infatuated with her, but I don't know if he actually joined the team. I might not've been reading it that long ago. I do know that Wildcat pinch-hitted for one of the Birds on an actual mission, though, so there's a precedent for Birds with pee-pees.

What's wrong with a man on the team? I mean, yeah, Hawk shouldn't be on the team, but that's because he sucks, not because he's a man. The Birds were never, as far as I recall, actually supposed to be an all-girl team in Babs' mission statement. She just struck up a partnership with Dinah and then expanded it to include other friends who also happened to be women. She never put up a sign over their HQ's doors saying "No Pee-Pees Allowed!" or anything. :o

Savant and Creote have both aided the team

A male team member is nothing new

Birds of Prey = She-Ra Man Haters Club?

Birds of Prey = She-Ra Man Haters Club?

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

I loved the first issue. It is like they never left. I'm not a big fan of Hawk and Dove ... I do not see why a man is in the team. I could understand for Dove, but not Hawk. I would prefer Gypsy.
I'm not a fan at all, I despise them, in fact. But I care for the birds. Funny how I somehow guessed that the opponent was a White Canary. Cool Stuff, glad to see huntress, glad to see Zinda, and above all I'm *****ing glad and proud to read a CLEVER Dinah. I have been missing this since the end of BoP. :up: :up:
This has been my favorite book for a long time, and I think it is beginning to be again.

I'm not saying there isn't any imaginable hypothetical potential quantum-superpositioned scenario by which adding a dude to the BoP could be worthwhile and not suck, but here in the collapsed-waveform universe of observable instances of dudes being added to the BoP, it pretty much is worthless and sucks.

I liked Savant, Creote, and Wildcat's time on the team. It's just lame in this case because it's Hawk. Penises don't make comics suck. Sucky characters make comics suck.

I hated how they wrote his dialogue in the first issue. He's good in a fight, but came off waaaaaaaay to cliche when talking to that old dude in the bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"