Birds of Prey 2010 comeback!

He married Dolphin and they had a kid. Dolphin and the kid died.

The Spectre smushed them with the rest of Atlantis in what I can only assume was a concentrated effort to make Aquaman suck as much as humanly possible before Infinite Crisis. Aquaman also put his stupid gloves back on in spite of still having a very useful magic water hand a couple issues later. :o

Infinite Crisis ruined so many characters storylines, it's true. That and the pointless One Year Later jump

Dick: Marry me, Babs?
Babs: Okay.
[ONE YEAR LATER]
Dinah: So, Babs. Why aren't you and Dick--?
Babs: WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THE PROPOSAL!
Dinah: But it was a pretty big moment in our comi--
Babs: IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

The funny part is that isn't all that far from the truth

I look at Aquaman these days and go like come on DC, was the Brave & Bold beard just too much awesome for comics to contain?

If it wasn't a complete slap in the face to continuity, I'd love for Aquaman in the DCU to be like his animated counterpart.

You know what? There's 52 alternate universes out there. Make it happen, DC!

Grant Morrison's Multiversity Aquaman will have a Clint Eastwood like mane.

He can ride from underwater town to underwater town on a seahorse with no name, righting wrongs and then dissapearing into the sunset.

I look at Aquaman these days and go like come on DC, was the Brave & Bold beard just too much awesome for comics to contain?
I always draw Aquaman with a beard when I do draw him. 'Cause f*** DC, beards are awesome. :)

Alright, I solemnly swear to resist the urge to say "Outrageous" when the topic of discussion turns to Aquaman or beards. Cross my heart

^ I'm loving the art! the only let down from what i've seen is the variant cover and i hadn't planned on buying it anyway.

AND! There was a brief reference to Sin... i'm not taking this to mean anything other than they mentioned her, but it makes me happy to know they aren't acting like she never exsisted.

Sin is like a cute little (less lethal) version of Cass :) hope both characters show up in BoP

It looks good from these first few pages. I love how Zinda "Introduces herself"

are you serious?! ARE YOU F***IN SERIOUS?! issue freakin one of Bop and they're already name dropping Cassandra Cain (my favorite character EVER) as a potential villian!

GGRRRAAAAARRRGGG!!!!!!!!

ok, i've calmed down... a little.... all in all it was a great issue. good art, good humor and lots of fun. I truly truly hope that this "white canary" is not cassandra. i'm leaning towards not because as far as i can remember cass did not have much connection to Dinah, so why pic an alias that is the antithesis of hers? Also, she called penguin "the fat one" and Dinah "little bird", which is a pretty intimate nickname for BC.

thoughts, everybody?

What the what, now? White Canary? Cassandra getting screwed again? I'm confused. :huh:

are you serious?! ARE YOU F***IN SERIOUS?! issue freakin one of Bop and they're already name dropping Cassandra Cain (my favorite character EVER) as a potential villian!

GGRRRAAAAARRRGGG!!!!!!!!

That is kind of annoying. Especially as that whole silly mind control plot is in the past and Cass was a hero the last time they all saw her:csad:

Is DC ever going to let us forget that rubbish from Beechen's run?

ok, i've calmed down... a little.... all in all it was a great issue. good art, good humor and lots of fun. I truly truly hope that this "white canary" is not cassandra. i'm leaning towards not because as far as i can remember cass did not have much connection to Dinah, so why pic an alias that is the antithesis of hers? Also, she called penguin "the fat one" and Dinah "little bird", which is a pretty intimate nickname for BC.

thoughts, everybody?

I have yet to read this issue but "Little Bird" was what Dinah's sensei used to call her. The only character we know of who has also heard that nickname is Shiva. Who also has something of an obsession with Dinah. Perhaps she could be this "White Canary"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"