Birds of Prey 2010 comeback!

Hal himself is not the most interesting part of the book. The whole universe that surrounds him is just cool. and Johns is a great writer... i think maybe a large part of it's draw for me is that i can see how it is building to the blackest night story. I read like the first 4 issues of BN before going back to rebirth and i could see all the subtle things that were happening. maybe thats why i can overlook the stupid things like the parallax bug.

anyway... back to BoP :oldrazz: I hope Ms. Simone doesn't disappoint.

BRING BATGIRL ONTO THE BOP ROSTER!

It's Gail Simone on Birds of Prey...I would happily buy it even if Youngblood joined the team.

But I know how you feel. I miss Cass. The real Cass, not the brainwashed Dragon Lady she became under Adam Beechen :(

When she finally comes down from that monastery she's been hiding out at for the past few years, she's gonna be pissed to hear about this crazy doppelganger who's stolen her identity. :o

Hopefully she'll bring Connor Hawke and Talia al Ghul with her. That must be one hell of a monastery. So many characters are kicking their heels there while they allow their clones to do all the work

Ollie Queen is a recent new resident in that monestary.

I don't care who's called Batgirl, I just wish someone would fix Cassandra Cain.

Ollie Queen is a recent new resident in that monestary.

Recent? He's been there ever since that crazy doppleganger of his married Black Canary's equally mentally unbalanced clone.

The real Ollie and Dinah got married, but ran away to the monastery shortly after recovering Connor's clone from Dr. Sivana. Dinah is leaving the monastery to reunite with the Birds, but Ollie is still spending quality time with his son.

I don't know who the hell that was fighting Cupid and that dude who negated all sound.

It was Everyman. Everyman is like DC's version of Marvel's "It was a clone/Doombot" retcon.

The real Ollie and Dinah got married, but ran away to the monastery shortly after recovering Connor's clone from Dr. Sivana. Dinah is leaving the monastery to reunite with the Birds, but Ollie is still spending quality time with his son.

I don't know who the hell that was fighting Cupid and that dude who negated all sound.
The real Dinah would never marry Ollie because she doesn't suck. :o

I really had no problem with Dinah and Ollie getting married. I just wish they had been given more than one issue (wherein Dinah cried, no less) to reignite their relationship.

Ugh, you're right. That marriage made little or no sense.

And ruined Black Canary's character. Thankfully she's back in the hands of a writer who has a clue how to handle her

I just thought about something. Sin. Not the religious concept, but Dinah's adopted daughter. They sorta wrote her out of the comics just before the Green Arrow/Black Canary wedding because DC doesn't like their superheroes being held back by children (seriously, I'm surprised they had enough restraint to not kill her off). She's one of Simone's creations from just before she left Birds of Prey. Anyone think we'll be seeing the character again?

It wouldn't surprise me, unless there's some kind of editorial mandate against it. Like, DiDio will bound into Simone's office and pee in her garbage can if she writes anything about Sin in there.

He wouldn't do all that. He'd just demand that she kill the character off. Then if she refuses, he'll fire her.

I'd love to see Sin again. That character was more adorable than a field full of kittens and puppies playing together

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If you're reading DC comics and you don't run across a dead baby, you're not looking hard enough.

There aren't that many dead babies at DC.

If you're a woman or a minority though, you had best have your will in order. And if your a woman or a minority who is a legacy character then live each day as if it were your last as it very probably is

There aren't that many dead babies at DC.

Arsenal's daughter
Donna Troy's son
Aquaman's son
Tempest's son
Martian Manhunter's daughter, though that's more a part of his origin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"