Shazam Black Adam spin off with The Rock

"WB is afraid of ALL their other DC characters! They have no plan and only make Batman and Superman movies! ISN'T IT TIME FOR THE OTHERS?!?!?! DAMN YOU DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!"

Saying "DC should make movies from characters other than Batman and Superman" is not the same thing as saying "DC should make a Black Adam movie".

Come on now.

Saying "DC should make movies from characters other than Batman and Superman" is not the same thing as saying "DC should make a Black Adam movie".

Come on now.

Well Black Adam is an interesting and 3-d character. And it has a big actor playing the role. The movie can be very interesting and different. Its good to see WB taking risks and not just going "We are just gonna make Batman movies".

Well Black Adam is an interesting and 3-d character. And it has a big actor playing the role. The movie can be very interesting and different. Its good to see WB taking risks and not just going "We are just gonna make Batman movies".

I agree if they had already made the films of their main heroes like Flash, Aquaman., Shazam, and then make films with the villains, but they are prioritizing the movies with the villains and it is forced by it, they end up transforming them into the heroes and distorting the Things, I think WB has rather to make movies besides Batman and Superman, but focus first on their heroes.

I agree if they had already made the films of their main heroes like Flash, Aquaman., Shazam, and then make films with the villains, but they are prioritizing the movies with the villains and it is forced by it, they end up transforming them into the heroes and distorting the Things, I think WB has rather to make movies besides Batman and Superman, but focus first on their heroes.

Yeah I mean they are supposedly making BOTH the Shazam and BA, and they just hired writers for GL, and we are getting movies for WW, Aquaman and Batman, so its not like they are ignoring the heroes either. But I understand what you are saying. I dont want to see Black Adam movie before a GL one, but to be completely honest, thats just very entitled and spoiled, we are lucky we are getting movies with these obscure comicbook characters.

Yeah I mean they are supposedly making BOTH the Shazam and BA, and they just hired writers for GL, and we are getting movies for WW, Aquaman and Batman, so its not like they are ignoring the heroes either. But I understand what you are saying. I dont want to see Black Adam movie before a GL one, but to be completely honest, thats just very entitled and spoiled, we are lucky we are getting movies with these obscure comicbook characters.

yes you are right.

I could care less that they keep changing what movies they want to do as long as I like what ends up on screen. If I wasn't checking the internet I wouldn't care. I loved MOS and BVS. I'm still holding out hope hey not change everything to be too light and jokey.
I know the Rock has a ton of charisma and I think it's huge he's getting his only movie. I just hope they don't joke it up.

If anything, they're shooting for a Shazam universe. There's as much potential there as with anything else. As has been pointed out, a BLACK ADAM movie doesn't mean that's the only DCU element. We could see Hawkman, Shazam or other DC elements show up.

I'm not sure the Rock is the best fit for Black Adam beyond physicality. The character (either the comics version, or the probable cinematic interpretation of the character) doesn't lend itself very well to the Rock's strengths as an actor or what the mainstream audience expects of him.

i believe its time for to Buy my first Shazam Comic because i don't know any of these characters or Enemys very Well

i believe its time for to Buy my first Shazam Comic because i don't know any of these characters or Enemys very Well

Just watch the animated movie "Superman / Shazam Return of the Black Adam"

[YT]9jCgOQSRtN0[/YT]

You should also read a Black Adam mini from 2007. It's about a powerless Teth traveling the world looking for Lazarus pits and artifacts that can restore his power and bring his wife Isis back to life. Isis is damn near literally his better half. He goes full bad guy when she's not around. It's an interesting read. And if you like the sound of him ripping Hawkman's wings off then you'll like it.

Just watch the animated movie "Superman / Shazam Return of the Black Adam"

[YT]9jCgOQSRtN0[/YT]

They should just do a feature length version of that movie for the live action one. It's one of the best animated films DC has ever done imo

I think they should have it set in ancient Egypt and focus it on his origin and abuse of his power while simultaneously bringing in the Hawkgirl and Hawkman reincarnations of the time as well as Nabu before he seals himself into the Helmet of Fate (in fact I'd make him sealing himself into the helmet of fate a consequence of this movie as well as Hawkgirl and Hawkman's reincarnation cycle) and I'd end it with Black Adam getting banished after cementing a way to prevent the Wizard from taking his powers back.

I think they should have it set in ancient Egypt and focus it on his origin and abuse of his power while simultaneously bringing in the Hawkgirl and Hawkman reincarnations of the time as well as Nabu before he seals himself into the Helmet of Fate (in fact I'd make him sealing himself into the helmet of fate a consequence of this movie as well as Hawkgirl and Hawkman's reincarnation cycle) and I'd end it with Black Adam getting banished after cementing a way to prevent the Wizard from taking his powers back.

Keep in mind though that Teth Adam was a liberator and a "hero" before being consumed by anger and ruthlessness.

This could definitely shake up the origin formula as this would be the first one where the hero becomes a villain by the end.

My sentiments exactly. It's bass ackwards.

Keep in mind though that Teth Adam was a liberator and a "hero" before being consumed by anger and ruthlessness.

This could definitely shake up the origin formula as this would be the first one where the hero becomes a villain by the end.

That would be where I would go as well with the movie exploring Teth-Adam's rise to and fall from grace; forcing his former friends and allies to stop him before it is too late. His allies (Hawkman/Prince Khufu, Hawkwoman/Chay-Ara, Nabu/Fate/Dr. Fate, and The Wizard/Shazam) and he would form the Justice Society (I think the name Justice Society works really well here as it has an old timey ring to it that is perfect for ancient egypt) while also exploring it from the angle of Adam's wife Isis (who does not die as motive for him to go rogue as that is an overused trope), an apprentice of The Wizard who fell in love with Teth.

Nabu would be a Lord of Order who had descended to our plane sacrificing much of his immense power and immortality to do so, so that he could directly protect mankind; with the process requiring him to make a mortal body (albeit one that is still immune to the ravages of disease and time) to inhabit. While dying from his effort to stop Adam he manages to shunt his spirit into his Helmet to save himself, tethering himself to it.

The Wizard I have less of a fix on how I would portray him, but the vague idea I have so far is that he is a friend and mentor to Teth-Adam whom he empowers through his connection to the gods and his mastery of magic. When Adam turns against him (or as Adam would see it, the Wizard and the rest of the society turning against him) he is killed but not before banishing him to another dimension and like Nabu he saves himself by in his dying moments taking his spirit and tying it to his surroundings (a part of the palace and the headquarters for the Justice Society) turning them into the Rock of Eternity while taking them to another Dimension. *At first I was tempted to fuse Nabu and the Wizard together but that would really complicate matters with Dr. Fate and Shazam/Captain Marvel.

Chay-Ara and Khufu are signifigant in that both carry Nth metal weapons which due to its mystical nature can hurt beings like Adam and Nabu as well as cut through magical enchantments and it is this Nth metal that stops them from being permanently killed while stopping Adam initiating their reincarnation cycle. *I am not sure if I'd want them to bring in the Alien origin for this version as it might make things a little complicated and I think I'd prefer a simpler story that primarily revolves around Magic.

This could also end with a Nabu and the Wizard in their final moments creating a blast wave that deactivates a lot of magical artifacts rendering them inert a plot thread that would be picked up at the end of Shazam where Mr. Mind's search and lust for magical power would create a magical energy wave resulting from excess energy escaping the Rock of Eternity as Mr. Mind is stopped in the middle of feeding/draining the Rock's magic (which would destroy it if successful). A wave which would reactivate magical artifacts world Wide such as the Helmet of Fate, the Tantu Totem, the Spear of Destiny and many more. This event would then tie into the JLD as it would make magical threats and anomalies more common making their formation a necessity.

*After going and doing some research on Nabu I realized I completely forgot that originally Nabu made the Blue Beetle scarab so I thing they could try to work that in, in one form or another while also trying to keep the Reach retcon origin intact as it would balance out the group to add a 5th fighter for the JSA (Shazam/The Wizard wouldn't be going into combat with them) and if the reach scarab wouldn't work they could always make it so Nabu made a separate Magic Scarab that could empower a 5th/6th person for the JS however this would carry with it the risk of having too many characters and not enough time to focus on Adam so something as simple as an easter egg where they find a strange device but can't get it to work due to it being damaged and them keeping it in the background would work pretty well as well.

Last edited:
I'd like to see this movie take some cues from Fury Road, 300, and John Wick with regards to being a stylish movie with action so hard-hitting that you can't help but cheer while watching.

That quote he always tweets, "Kneel at his feet or be crushed by his boot", should be the main vibe of the movie, mythic and badass.

^^ Thanks for the Youtube link.

http://heroichollywood.com/dwayne-johnson-black-adam-hero/

In a recent Q&A on his YouTube channel with fans, he was asked about why he sees Black Adam as a hero.

“It is really in our interpretation and who we deem a hero. Yes, of course, Black Adam in the mythology is a villain, or he can be considered an anti-hero, or to some he is a hero, to some who have a black heart, like me! [laughs] Again, I love the backstory that he started off as a slave and he was held down. And I think when that kinda backstory about a man who’s held down and he rises up outta that to become greater, and then dealing with the conflict, the pain of losing his family. It’s dark, but it also adds to the gravity and adds to the weight of the story. So what does it mean for the movie? It means that the movie is gonna be fantastic and it means that it’s gonna be bad-ass, and it means to me – he’s a hero.

To be fair, I think it's obvious he saw Geoff Johns' JSA and the Black Adam miniseries. Originally yes, Adam was a straight up villain, but in those he was a Namor style antihero.
Don't think the Rock wants to play a normal villain at this point.

I see it as being akin to how the 1989 Batman film was built around Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Same set up really, big star playing big name villain (well the Joker's a bigger name than Black Adam but you see what I mean), so the studio uses that angle to sell the film (which at the time for the 1989 Batman was very important since they'd already been hit with fan backlash over whether or not Michael Keaton, better known at the time as a comedic actor who had not yet proved he that he could really do drama or could carry an action hero type role, could get away with playing Batman/Bruce Wayne, thus playing to Nicholson, who had proven before that he could play intense, intimidating psychopath villains and bring out the dark humor in such roles).

So here with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Black Adam. Not playing him up would be foolish on the studio's part.

Can we just consolidate the Shazam and Black Adam movies? We don't need both.

I really hope they consolidate both movies as well.....at least start with them both in one movie and THEN spin off if the demand is there. Hopefully this is confirmed this week. Probably my most anticipated DC film other than Flash, but seems to get the least attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"