Shazam Feel the might of MAGIC! The Shazam and Black Adam Suit Thread

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Welcome to the official costume thread of Shazam and Black Adam.

Question: Will it be variation from Shazam and Black Adam suit

Dwayne-Johnson-Confirms-He-Will-Play-Shazam-Or-Black-Adam.jpg

How would you like it? to spot the effects of lighting magic as in this image? or which suggestions do you have?

I'm not a big fan of the hoods. the New 52 costumes without the hoods is preferable

as far as differences between Shazam and BA's suits go...

They should have the same basic design scheme, but Black Adam's suit should look dated and ancient, something that would look natural in ancient Egypt

Shazam's suit should be a red and modernized version of the same basic design scheme

I think the hooded cape is a great way to make the character a little more unique than Batman, Superman, and the other heroes that just have plain capes. Yes, they're all unique, but its a nice visual change up from the simple cape. I also enjoy the juxtaposition between the mysteriousness of the hood and the fun loving, childlike nature of the actual character underneath it.

I really dislike the asymmetrical lightning bolt of the New 52 version, though I very much appreciate the sleekness and modern-ness of the design. That said, I think the suit design as interpreted in "Justice League: War" retains the best elements of the new comic design, while making it much more aesthetically pleasing, eliminating the off centered feel, and cutting down on the more excessive or overdesigned parts.

I think the hooded cape is a great way to make the character a little more unique than Batman, Superman, and the other heroes that just have plain capes. Yes, they're all unique, but its a nice visual change up from the simple cape. I also enjoy the juxtaposition between the mysteriousness of the hood and the fun loving, childlike nature of the actual character underneath it.

I agree with these, I loved the hoodie look. :)

The bolt in the cartoons and comics looks cool but I'm worried it may look corny on film.

Captainmarvel.JPG

Alex Ross nailed the best rendition of Captain Marvel's look. This is what the Captain's on screen look should be. As much as I despise the New 52 redesigns for the most part, the only one that works for me is Black Adam. So for a movie I'd like it.
black-adam.jpg

As much as I despise the New 52 redesigns for the most part, the only one that works for me is Black Adam. So for a movie I'd like it.
black-adam.jpg

I think that design would be a mistake. When you have The Rock playing the character you don't want to cover up his best physical attributes (his pro wrestler physique) with a massive cape.

Stick with a more classic design for Black Adam. Sleek and streamlined with no cape or cloak. Use his Injustice Gods Among Us design (not the bald one) as a guide and go from there.

I like the cloaks, gives a more unique look for Billy and makes it more wizard/magic oriented. I think a variation of the new 52 comic would be suitable. I don't care a ton for the animated chest logo that Gary Frank did, I liked how he looked in War. I'd also like a sash instead of a gold plated belt.

Black Adam can go with cloak or without, doesn't matter to me. He's more of a brute than a thinker, so he'd look fine without a cape, though I like his tattered cloak.

Here's how he looks in war:

JLW_ACT_C_12077.jpg

Personally i would like a combination of the N52 and the classic look:
Gary-Frank-Design-Shazam-580x382.jpg

conv-shazam-header-128925.jpg

Personally i would like a combination of the N52 and the classic look:
Gary-Frank-Design-Shazam-580x382.jpg

conv-shazam-header-128925.jpg

I love the classic suit; the new one is too busy. If I were to combine them, I'd keep the boot and the lightning symbol from the new one, using everything else form the classic one. And no hood at all. :)

The Rock retweeted this fan art by BossLogic:

CskZQLWUEAEI7yJ.jpg
CskZQLWUMAAEZae.jpg

Dwayne Johnson
@TheRock

Dope. Thx ya man. Little do they know.. #Teth ⚡️

Honestly a mix of the New 52 and the original Shazam looks(particularly when drawn by the Alex Ross and Shazam! And the Monster Society of Evil)

With both

Shazam.jpg

I agree with what JackIvyGB and HypeFrog said, the cloaks, gives a more unique look for Billy and makes it more wizard/magic oriented.

The hood adds to that mystique and just makes his stand apart from the other heroes who wear capes.

Admittedly the rest of the costumes is over designed but I would keep stuff like the boots and the lightning design (or at least use the lightning design from the classic and have it light up or something when he is using his powers)

As for Rock Black Adam, i think it would be best to showcase a more brutal nature with the character.

I think that being as it is magically created and forms based on the wielder's intent and imagination it should look like if you filtered superman's suit through the mind of a child as Billy should definitely be a Superman fanboy.

Nope. I don't think it should be "based"on superman's suit at all. Also, that's never been the case in the comics and that's not how the power works. The champions of the Wizard simply look that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"