Spoilers Henry Cavill Returning for Shazam 2 & Black Adam 2!?

Spoilers

Rosco

I smell a mystery...
Reaction score
"It's being claimed that Henry Cavill might be back as Superman for Shazam! 2 which will pit him in an epic battle with Zachary Levi.

The rumor says Henry Cavill as Superman will come under the control of Mister Mind, the only survivor of a mind-controlling race of worms from Venus, who was teased in the Shazam! post-credit scene, and that Cavill will be a part of a small scene in Shazam! 2."

Apparently The Rock wants Henry back in the cape for Shazam 2 and also wants him to be a part of the Black Adam follow-up.
The Rock's ex-wife and current manager Dany Garcia is also Henry's manager.

I'm really hoping this isn't just a false rumor making the rounds and that there is something in the works here!

I thought Cavill did a good job with what he had, and when his future first seemed in doubt I wanted him to return, but as time's gone on I'd be happy to see somebody else wear the big \S/ now.

I don't disagree. It's cool seeing that Cavill is not done with the DCEU though!

I do hope Superman shows up in the Shazam/Black Adam movie

Because Superman as an antagonist in Batman vs Superman was such a hit with fans ? Who comes up with these ideas. More than anything Superman needs a film where he's the good guy, and a character we can all cheer for - he wasn't bad in Man of Steel, had a few super moments in Justice League, but otherwise hasn't been great.

Does everyone at DC hate Superman? Listen to the fanbase FFS !

Ah, Cosmic Book News.

I'm guessing Bryan Cranston will also be making a cameo as Lex Luthor.

The animated film needs to be the template on how they put this together, the fight sequence between the three of them is epic. What I will say though, more than anything, this better be true or at least not another false dawn of HC’s ‘return’, I can’t take any more false hope.

After seeing this comes from the biggest horsepoop site on the web

giphy.gif

No idea. I do think it’s possible that WB may not have closed the door on Cavill’s Superman. I know the critical response to The Witcher was mixed but it seems very popular among fans and that maybe have caused Cavill’s stock to rise at WB. Plus he was also fairly well-received in Mission Impossible and that movie was huge. And you also had Ezra Miller appearing on the CW so I guess the DCEU JL isn’t totally dead.

I’m still holding out hope for Corenswet as Superman but I’d be okay with Cavill returning if he’s in the hands of a capable director this time.

Me too!
BTW I'm new to the forums game and wasn't completely aware that these sites were horse sh*t. Will keep in mind for the future.
There's a first time for everyone my friend.

Also anything from We've Got This Covered is pretty much in that boat.

I want to see Superman in Shazam 2 and the Black Adam film, however Superman as the antagonist is, quite simply, a terrible idea.

We’ve been there, got the T-shirt, and I’m pretty sure if he turned evil (mind control or otherwise), Bruce and Diana would be there ... in a Flash. o_O

No more superman antagonist crap to prop up other characters. Treat the character with some respect WB. No more Nolanized dark territory with him either. The JL and JLU cartoons did such a tremendous job of putting him in dark and difficult situations but his goodness, unwavering moral compass and hope helped him through. It’s incredible WB can’t get the character right. I hope these rumors are BS

The real question is: if Cavill does appear as an antagonist in the movie, what are the chances that he will be a mustache-twirling villain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"