Shazam The Billy Batson/Shazam casting thread

Well, in between he or Joshua Sasse, to me he's closer to the looks.

(sometimes I click the Captain Marvel thread when trying to come here)

I'm currently supporting Benjamin Walker for Shazam. Not sure who could play Billy. Billy will probably be Jacob Tremblay. He's 11 right now I think?

Last edited:
I'm currently supporting Benjamin Walker for Shazam. Not sure who could play Billy. Billy will probably be Jacob Tremblay. He's 11 right now I think?

He's a among the top picks for me as well.

He's a among the top picks for me as well.

Mine too. He is a classically train actor with theater experience and if he's willing to add about 20lbs of muscle he could look like he could go toe to toe with the Rock!

Benjamin sounds like a pretty good choice. I have only seen him in "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". It was a pretty forgettable film but he was good in it and he does have the acting chops.

Why is this turning out to be such a difficult casting decision? I don't know enough about the character. Is there something special the casting folks should be looking for?

Why is this turning out to be such a difficult casting decision? I don't know enough about the character. Is there something special the casting folks should be looking for?

I guess it's about Shazam still being a kid, in a grown up superhero body. So the actor has to have the mix of naivety and innocence, while still having the genuine integrity and character of a superhero. Except that he can be at times spoilt or brattish because he's still a kid who is still awkward and adjusting. He still has to be likeable and relatable while making mistakes.

I guess it's about Shazam still being a kid, in a grown up superhero body. So the actor has to have the mix of naivety and innocence, while still having the genuine integrity and character of a superhero. Except that he can be at times spoilt or brattish because he's still a kid who is still awkward and adjusting. He still has to be likeable and relatable while making mistakes.

Ah...yeah...I can see where that would actually be very difficult to find.

Has anyone suggested Jack Dylan Grazer for Billy? He was great in It. I feel that he could pull off that bratty but kindhearted kid. As for Shazam, Benjamin Walker is a top pick of mine.

Man, the issue is finding someone that size that can actually act. Normally I'd be the first to say, "His appearance isn't that important as long as he can act", but his powers are tied into the Greek gods correct? See, I really feel like you can't just throw 20 lbs on any guy and call it a day simply because he's tied into all these larger than life deities. And lastly, he has to stand toe to toe with the Rock and NOT look ridiculous. I feel like he almost needs to look ridiculously large, so you need boyish charm, acting chops, AND size?! That's gonna be a tough nut to crack.

Has anyone suggested Jack Dylan Grazer for Billy? He was great in It. I feel that he could pull off that bratty but kindhearted kid. As for Shazam, Benjamin Walker is a top pick of mine.

I suggested him a few pages back.
He'd be perfect:D

Me too. The kid is the right age, great look, and isn't a complete noob to acting. His big announcement was probably that he tested for the role. If he were cast, I think we'd have known by now, or they're waiting to announce Billy and Shazam at the same time.

That kid would actually work.

They removed the picture, maybe there is something to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"