Shazam The Billy Batson/Shazam casting thread

Reaction score
In the wake of learning what Dwayne Johnson's role is aka Black Adam, which pretty much confirms a Shazam movie, who should play Billy Batson and his Shazam form?

What kid would you cast as Billy and which actor would you cast for Shazam?

P.S. Is there anyone other than actors who got rejected from playing Superman we can cast for Shazam?

For Shazam candidates are - Joe Manganiello, Armie Hammer.

Director -David Yates, Mike Newell.

P.S. Is there anyone other than actors who got rejected from playing Superman we can cast for Shazam?

I would have said Dean Cain if he was a few years younger.

Last edited:
Billy Batson suggestion

Zachary Gordon (Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies) He is great with humor but might be a little to old now.

The Hamm man
vincent-kartheiser-jon-hamm-w352.jpg

Shazhamm?

I almost want it to happen just so that becomes the latest made-up word on the internet.

I know it'll never happen, but my pick would be

J3hvIbc.jpg

SPOOOOON

Cav-el
Batfleck
WonderGal
Shazhamm! :D

WB should only ever cast actors in the DC universe who will make up a new word.

Although they're already failing with Cyborg and a possible Aqua Man.

Hamm is a little too old though. They could still cast someone whose name starts with Sam.

Rock is only a year younger than him and he was almost cast :p

I wouldn't mind Owain Yeoman in the role as he has that innocent, heroic look which Shazam should have, and which I didn't feel that Johnson possessed as he looked too tough. Shazam should almost be like a golden age Superman. He'd have to bulk up for the part though.

Hamm is a little too old though. They could still cast someone whose name starts with Sam.

Aquamomoa and Rayborg.

I wouldn't mind Owain Yeoman in the role as he has that innocent, heroic look which Shazam should have, and which I didn't feel that Johnson possessed as he looked too tough. Shazam should almost be like a golden age Superman. He'd have to bulk up for the part though.

That's who I was gonna suggest.Lol. He could also believably play a little kid in an Adult's body. He's a big guy but he also has the goofy funny quality about him. He's also lesser known so he could really become Shazam without people coming in with preconceived notions .

Billy Batson suggestion

Zachary Gordon (Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies) He is great with humor but might be a little to old now.
He has the right look bout you're right that he's grown out of the role.

Brendan Fraser as Shazam is a little "fantasy" I have. :cwink:

That's who I was gonna suggest.Lol. He could also believably play a little kid in an Adult's body. He's a big guy but he also has the goofy funny quality about him. He's also lesser known so he could really become Shazam without people coming in with preconceived notions .

Well, anyone who's watched the Mentalist would associate him with that initially, but they can get over that.

Now the question is whether he should be allowed to play Shazam with his British accent. :woot:

Owain Yeoman as Capt. Marvel/ Shazam
owain-yeoman-04.jpg

Chandler Riggs as Billy Batson
AMC+Walking+Dead+Panel+Comic+Con+International+EFrr7RxBUALl.jpg

Last edited:
The first pic isn't working.

Chazzam

Chazz-2-Captioned_zpsf3ae52fd.jpg

Or...

Shiazam

1392228420_shia-labeouf-article_zps9d883cdf.jpg

New Line: 'Shazam' will have 'a tone unto itself' and 'a sense of fun'

Earlier today, Dwayne Johnson tweeted that he would be playing Black Adam in a filmed based on DC’s Shazam. The announcement was surprising for a few reasons. For one thing, Black Adam is the Big Bad in the Shazam mythology. For another thing, most of the recent buzz around the bigscreen DC universe had focused on Justice League characters like Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman.

The Shazam project will be produced by New Line, a subsidiary of Warner Bros. proper, and when New Line president Toby Emmerich gets on the phone to EW, he makes it clear that the film will be a different kind of superhero movie. “It feels to me like Shazam will have a tone unto itself,” he explains. “It’s a DC comic, but it’s not a Justice League character, and it’s not a Marvel comic. The tone and the feeling of the movie will be different from the other range of comic book movies.”

The usual superhero-movie cone of silence prevents Emmerich from addressing any of the plot elements of Shazam directly. But when asked where the movie would fall on the superhero-movie spectrum (from dark and gritty to light and peppy), Emmerich does allow that the movie “will have a sense of fun and a sense of humor. But the stakes have to be real.”

Although it’s still unknown who will play the heroic titular character—and although New Line isn’t confirming the presence of Marvel family members Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel, Jr.—Emmerich is effusive about the addition of Dwayne Johnson to the DC Universe. Comparing the role to Johnson’s turn in Fast Five, Emmerich describes Black Adam as an antihero.

“Black Adam is a complex character,” says Emmerich. “The villain in superhero movies is often, I think, what makes the movie. And I thought Dwayne’s take on the character, and the way that he saw Black Adam, was really compelling and fun.”

There’s no official release date for Shazam, but the project has hired writer Darren Lemke (who previously worked on New Line’s Jack the Giant Slayer.) Johnson is starring in New Line’s earthquake thriller San Andreas next summer.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/09/03/shazam-movie-rock-fun/

I wonder if any of the characters will be known as the Marvel family members. Will they want it to be accidentally associated with Marvel Studios? Also, if there is a Ms Marvel/ Captain Marvel film, that will create problems. Certainly the main character will just have to be called Shazam, but what about Mary Batson? Does she just go by her real name? Or does she get a secret ID as well (ie Mary Marvel)?

And what about Captain Marvel Jr? Will he just be Shazam jr? Of course, I can't really see Captain Marvel Jr appearing in this movie. Mary Batson perhaps, but not him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"