Shazam The Billy Batson/Shazam casting thread

Get Patrick Warburton to buff up a bit and you've got your Captain Marvel. He's even got the squint thing going on a bit.

I've never heard of Owain Yeoman, but he has the classic look I think Shazam should have. I've always liked how Alex Ross drew him, as if he were a a golden age B&W movie star.

He is in HBO's Generation Kill, The Mentalist and Steven Spielberg produced Halle Berry show Extant.

the kid that plays Carl on the Walking Dead would be pretty good for Billy

as for Shazam, i think Jon Hamm or Joe Manganiello would be great picks

Gotta admit, Daniel Cudmore really looks the part and I think he's even taller than the Rock. But can he act? He barely speaks in the X-Men movies, and that's not a good sign. Of course, that could just be another case of Bryan Singer and his writers not knowing how to develop any character not named Wolverine, Mystique, Xavier or Magneto.

Cudmore seems more like just a male model that Singer hired. Has he done much else?

At least with someone like Owain Yeoman, we know he can act.

One suggestion I might have made a few years ago would've been George Eads from CSI:

George_Eads.jpg

He's a bit too old now for what they're looking for, and I don't know how tall he is but he never came across that tall - just of average height, maybe 5'10". He did look like a fairly classic Shazam and even had a thick neck like Alex Ross always draws him. I don't know what kind of shape he's in these days as I haven't watched the show for years.

Get Patrick Warburton to buff up a bit and you've got your Captain Marvel. He's even got the squint thing going on a bit.

I thought he was starting to get tubby around the time of The Tick, but I saw him lately and he's pretty fit. He might be too old now though. Not generally, but to play a child's idea of a superhero. Unless, maybe orphan Billy Batson carries around a picture of his dad and the guy who plays Cap also looks like his dad. Sort of Peter Pan thing where Wendy's father also plays Captain Hook. I dunno, probably a stretch

My top two choices right now...
Owain Yeoman
1_OwainYeoman_marv.jpg

Armie Hammer (despite Lone Ranger)
1__armhammarv_zps8903cf86.jpg

My 3 choices are:

1) Lee Pace

lee-pace-premiere-guardians-of-the-galaxy-03.jpg

shazam_by_dfridolfs-d67e4l1.jpg

2) Daniel Cudmore

Daniel%20Cudmore-TYG-005712.jpg

8830_400x600.jpg

3) Joe Manganiello

joe-manganiello-shaven.jpg

shazam-jeff-bone-2006.jpg

If Shazhammer met Cav-el, they might think they've met in the 1960s before and one of them had a Russian accent. :hehe:

Hammer would be a solid choice as Billy/Shazam. He has the right grown up boyish looks that Shazam would need to reflect as an older Billy and he has the right build, height and frame for Shazam.

Just needs to bulk up and tone up more and he would work.

armie-hammer-340x440.jpg

armie_hammer_1611_544x.jpg

armie-hammer.jpg

Benjamin Walker, played Lincoln in the vampire version. He's 6'3 pretty big dude, good actor too, did a stage pay with Cirian Hinds and Scarlett Johansson, and he played a good part in the HBO movie Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight.

I'm on the Owain Yeoman bandwagon. Fot an outside the box choice...John Krasinski

o-JOHN-KRASINSKI-PERFECT-570.jpg

john-krasinski-has-a-funny-new-comedy-in-the-works.jpg

If we're getting Billy, Mary and Freddy all in one movie and subsequent films, this could technically be referred to as the Marvel Cinematic Universe. :p

Benjamin Walker, played Lincoln in the vampire version. He's 6'3 pretty big dude, good actor too, did a stage pay with Cirian Hinds and Scarlett Johansson, and he played a good part in the HBO movie Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight.

He looks like he could be the son of Liam Neeson

This has Jake G as a possible Shazam candidate. Not too bad and he can definitely tone up and bulk up.

The interesting this about this, is that Shazam and Black Adam will most likely team up....reluctantly to fight a bigger threat instead of being total adversaries.

I like that idea. My favorites are still Joe Mang or Armie. Jake G would be interesting though.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/09...ore-2247761?lt_source=external,manual#!bQotn0

Hamm and Warburton are way too old.

I was thinking Ryan Hurst, but just researching Owain Yeonman, he definitely looks the part.

Last edited:
Shazam is pretty much a hyperreal version of Superman. You think Supes is a buff boy scout, this ****er needs to be that times 10.

The interesting this about this, is that Shazam and Black Adam will most likely team up....reluctantly to fight a bigger threat instead of being total adversaries.

...it could be a way to go. As far as the "bigger threat", any one of these, maybe?

Monster_Society_of_Evil.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"