• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shazam The Billy Batson/Shazam casting thread

i like this casting choice

thought he did well in Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and he definitely looks the part. also helps that he's not a well known actor but that could change if he lands the part of Shazam/Captain Marvel

Exactly. He's in pre-Superman Cavill-like status right now.

My choice, as I made known before, is Chandler Riggs

He is a good age, at 15. Decent acting chops. Can pass as someone who could become Owain Yeoman, one of my chief choices for the adult Shazam. What's not to like.

Dokota Goyo is a good choice too. I certainly loved his performance in Real Steel. I reason I didn't pick him is that I hope he takes on the role of Jonny Quest somewhere down the line. LOL.

Max Records, at 17, is too old, I think.
I too like the Riggs suggestion.

But are any actor born before 1999 too old? No room for the praised Asa Butterfield then.
Sounds weird. What if there's a perfect candidate who's older than 15?

Tye Sheridan is my only choice for Billy Batson. No to Chandler Riggs.

I have my favorites, but just wanted to say it would be silly to not think Joe M is on the short list. He definitely will be.

I think Kutcher would do well in the part.

Benjamin Walker, played Lincoln in the vampire version. He's 6'3 pretty big dude, good actor too, did a stage pay with Cirian Hinds and Scarlett Johansson, and he played a good part in the HBO movie Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight.

He'd be good too, he'll be in Ron Howards next movie

Brandon Molale

brandon_shazam-copy-shazam-movie-the-perfect-cast-pitch_zps71a58e11.jpeg

I was trying to think who looked perfect for the role, and this guy's face came to me, but I had no idea what his name was or where I had seen him!

His resume looks unimpressive, but boy does he look right for it.

If he'd not just been Ronan, Lee Pace is the kind of actor I could see getting and owning this role. I know he doesn't look like he stepped off the comic page the way someone like Cavill does, but come on that should be the last thing to worry about. Hollywood can make anyone look like anyone basically.

Brandon Routh. Semi-serious.

I like the Daniel Cudmore suggestion, he really resembles the comics version.

If he'd not just been Ronan, Lee Pace is the kind of actor I could see getting and owning this role. I know he doesn't look like he stepped off the comic page the way someone like Cavill does, but come on that should be the last thing to worry about. Hollywood can make anyone look like anyone basically.

Well, I've been thinking, assuming Pace does return as Ronan, Shazam is a completely different character. As Ronan, he's vaguely recognizable, so I don't see why he couldn't do both. I also happen to think he has the classic characteristics of Captain Marvel.

I'm not familiar with Pace's work outside of Guardians and LoTR, but is he capable of being as goofy as Cap Marvel should be? I mean, he's literally a teenage boy.

I'm not familiar with Pace's work outside of Guardians and LoTR, but is he capable of being as goofy as Cap Marvel should be? I mean, he's literally a teenage boy.

If he was versatile enough to play a woman, I'm sure he can handle acting child-like.;)

Brandon Routh. Semi-serious.

I like the Daniel Cudmore suggestion, he really resembles the comics version.

The problem with Routh is that Shazam often tends to look even bigger than Superman, and Routh looks quite slender compared to Cavill. It would be another piece of miscasting IMO. I think Routh just has the wrong look for Shazam, and he never even quite looked like Superman to me. He might've looked a bit like Reeve as Clark Kent, but once he became Superman and put on the costume, there was something a bit off with him.

Tye Sheridan is my only choice for Billy Batson. No to Chandler Riggs.
Isn't it better to have several choices for a character? That way, the chance of getting a favorite cast in the role will be bigger. :)

Tye Sheridan you say. Isn't he more of a "bully" type? Can he convincingly play a kid who's picked on?

I will now give you and everybody else more suggestions here:

Jacob Lofland

Aramis Knight (not sure if he will work because of his hispanic look, but it depends on who the Shazam actor will be)

Isn't it better to have several choices for a character? That way, the chance of getting a favorite cast in the role will be bigger. :)

Tye Sheridan you say. Isn't he more of a "bully" type? Can he convincingly play a kid who's picked on?

I will now give you and everybody else more suggestions here:

Jacob Lofland

Aramis Knight (not sure if he will work because of his hispanic look, but it depends on who the Shazam actor will be)

How in the hell is Tye Sheridan a bully type?

Originally Posted by antonydelfini
I think Armie Hammer can portray Shazam right. He's tall, he can get big, he looks clean cut, and has child like qualities in him.

I just re-read Black Adam: the Dark Age, Dwayne looks just like Black Adam there. Black Adam can definitely have his own series of movies.

I agree. He did well in Social Network playing twins. He also has experience working along side some heavies like Depp and Leo, and will be seen onscreen with Cavill in UNCLE. When he bulks up...he will be a powerhouse...he already has the right frame and look. I think a screentest with Rock will need to be done to make sure the chemistry between the two will be right as far as comedy, drama and action scenes. He certainly has all the tools though and it seems he has a good relationship with WB's also.

84a1a42b087f24ff_137909924_10.jpg

who-should-play-shazambilly-batson-pictures.jpg

Asa Butterfield

alanritchson-angelokritikos-5__oPt.jpg

Alan Richson

Asa Butter field for Billy Batson and Alan Richson for Shazam/Captain Marvel.

who-should-play-shazambilly-batson-pictures.jpg

Asa Butterfield

alanritchson-angelokritikos-5__oPt.jpg

Alan Richson

Asa Butter field for Billy Batson and Alan Richson for Shazam/Captain Marvel.

Great suggestions. Asa as Billy would be amazing!

Btw, this site; one of biggest about he character, has some interesting suggestions concerning the cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"