Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

Even though it's being pitched to networks, part of me wishes it ended up on the CW Seed, like Vixen, so the door could be left open for a live action appearance in the DCCW universe.

Yessss! I wanted BL on JL but ill take this.

Not the black electricity-based superhero I was hoping would get their own show, but okay.

Maybe Static would end up on the show in the future.

I don't begrudge him his success, but...really? We're gonna have yet another DC show be spearheaded by Greg Berlanti?

Unless it is connected to the Flarrowgirl-verse (as in can cross over despite being a different Earth) I dont see why they have to have GB. Hopefully the other 2 involved will be able to differentiate the show enough to where it doesn't necessarily feel like it needs to be on TheCW.

blacklightning-sinbad.jpg

[YT]wKbGnzmidsw[/YT]

Even though it's being pitched to networks, part of me wishes it ended up on the CW Seed, like Vixen, so the door could be left open for a live action appearance in the DCCW universe.

Does the fact that it pitched to networks mean that The CW has already passed on it?

I'd love it if the shows were all connected and it is a shame that Supergirl is a different Earth.

I'm not familiar with Black Lightning but the with the details released so far, I'd have preferred it to more Legends of Tomorrow. Not that I disliked Legends - it was great* - but I hoped that the show would introduce a cast of characters or be replaced by another single season show in the Arrowverse. Just to keep to things fresh. Or even turn Legends into a show with several arcs which follows new heroes who eventually meet each other/crossover with the other shows and form the Justice Society.

* Not a big of time travel stories that don't have consequences though. Plus the time travels rules in the show made zero sense, for example there no reason why Sara couldn't go back in time to save Laurel and there was nothing to be gain by the team reassembling at the end to travel through time if they can't change anything, a rule that they regularly broke and did change things.

Since Beauty and the Beast has been retired from the CW, Black Lightning would make an
excellent summer series in 2017.

Black Lightning is hardly anything anymore. I can't remember ever really seeing him as anything other than a background character recently. Would be nice if this TV show helps revitalise him a bit.

Why do people hate Greg Berlanti so much? :funny:

I'm not trying to defend him, I barely know who he is.
:shrug:

**cough**

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/blog/

Go to the BERLANTIVILLE episode. The Berlanti stuff starts in earnest at 35:50 mark.

Plug, plug, plug...

:sly:

Hit the nail on the head bro. The DC shows just aren't as consistent in the writing as Marvel/Netflix. And it has nothing to do with the "dark tone". Since there are so many episodes in a season there's a lot of on the fly writing going on and most of it is filler. When it's not filler one plot significant story beat contradicts a prior plot significant story beat.

If these shows want to be light, campy, cheesey, ect do your thing. But for the love of God and the fans do your thing well.

To be fair, as good as they can be, the Marvel/Netflix stuff can have it's own issues as well.

Picked up by FOX:

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/764939-fox-picks-up-dcs-black-lightning-tv-series#eXfEfFf13hz7vgWc.01

Last week, it was revealed that DC’s Greg Berlanti (producer on The CW‘s Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow) is working alongside The Game and Being Mary Jane‘s Mara Brock and Salim Akil to develop a TV series for the superhero Black Lightning. Now, FOX has announced it has given the series a pilot production commitment. This marks the third collaboration between DC Entertainment and FOX with both Gotham and Lucifer preceding it.

I don't get it, either.

Black Lightning series from DC Comics and Greg Berlanti lands at Fox:

http://tvline.com/2016/09/08/black-lightning-fox-tv-show-pilot-dc-comics/

Fox is looking to make Black Lightning strike. The network has greenlit a pilot for a one-hour drama series from Greg Berlanti centered on the DC Comics’ vigilante, TVLine has learned.

The project, news of which leaked last week, is being written by Being Mary Jane creator Mara Brock Akil and her husband Salim Akil and both serve as EPs alongside Berlanti and Sarah Schechter.

Here’s the official logline: “Jefferson Pierce made his choice. He hung up the suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hell-bent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend — Black Lightning.”

Edit: I'm late, didn't see your post NotNickFury.

Glad it got a pilot order but being on Fox may make Arrowverse integration difficult.

I mean, Constantine was on NBC but the crossover didn't take place until after the show was cancelled. And Supergirl was on CBS, but that's also a bit different because CBS co-owns the CW with Warner Bros.

Not impossible given the same producers, but more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"