Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

Not surprising. I think this will either take Eternals current spot or Shang Chi
They won't delay it that long. Not unless theaters are closed until winter our something drastic. My guess is August. Remember, this has to come before Falcon & Winter Soldier. This is the project meant to start phase 4. They won't wait until February for this. Not unless theaters stay closed just that long. But I am thinking they're targeting August.
LOL...you were saying?

Desplat's name is still on the poster
There is a lot of outdated marketing out there.
A day after Top Gun: Maverick was officially moved to December 23, I saw a featurette for the film that said it is coming out June 5.

I have to say, I am disappointed with Black Widow's delay, but not entirely surprised. I've been following the situation with the Coronavirus just enough to be informed, but I'm not sure if the numbers are improving- and it feels like I've heard different things. Do you guys feel like November is even realistic enough at this point?

And what happens if we see improvements in certain areas and not others? I know movies release in different markets at different times, so would we just see something similar?

All bets are off but at this point I think most expect November to be fine. It's slowing down earlier than expected in the US, which is good, but obviously nothing is guaranteed.

I have to say, I am disappointed with Black Widow's delay, but not entirely surprised. I've been following the situation with the Coronavirus just enough to be informed, but I'm not sure if the numbers are improving- and it feels like I've heard different things. Do you guys feel like November is even realistic enough at this point?

And what happens if we see improvements in certain areas and not others? I know movies release in different markets at different times, so would we just see something similar?
Its up in the air.

Who knows whats the situation is going to be, when lockdown/community quarantine are over by May or June. The virus could easily spread again or have another phase.

Its up in the air.

Who knows whats the situation is going to be, when lockdown/community quarantine are over by May or June. The virus could easily spread again or have another phase.

I know- it feels like to me that things are changing so quickly (other than the feeling of time standing completely still because everything's stopped) with this situation. My mindset right now is to basically just take it day by day.

I know- it feels like to me that things are changing so quickly (other than the feeling of time standing completely still because everything's stopped) with this situation. My mindset right now is to basically just take it day by day.
I personally I'm just trying getting used to it. Taking it day by day just makes things a lot slower. Just thinking about the things what could I have been doing right now if this pandemic didn't happen gives many feelings.

I feel like, the only solution this will go away is through a vaccine because once everything is open again, thousands will not social distance, will not wash hands, will touch their face/mouth a million times, even the most safest/disciplined person could catch it and accidentally pass it to someone and the cycle begins. And I can't imagine any country forcing nonessential businesses to not open for more than two months until there are no more new cases daily. Like people have to work again.

Last edited:
Black Widow’s original death in Endgame. I like the one we got better. It was more personal and focused on the relationship between her and Clint, which calls back to the first Avengers. A action heavy death was not needed.

Just builds more anticipation for the next actual MCU movie I guess. Around that time we would have sat for like 1yr and 7 months since Endgame and Spider-Man. I wonder if Sony will delay doing anything with Spider-Man or if they will try to continue and not get back with Marvel/Disney.

Well that’s disappointing.
It is a bit disappointing, but I prefer seeing it in theaters the preview night. No movie experience is better than seeing a MCU movie on that night imo. If they released it on stream or as soon as they had the okay to open theaters it wouldn't be the same. Hopefully by Nov everyone is feeling fine enough to splurge a bit on a movie night.

Black Widow’s original death in Endgame. I like the one we got better. It was more personal and focused on the relationship between her and Clint, which calls back to the first Avengers. A action heavy death was not needed.

It is hard to judge that one without the set up, like why the hell would past Thanos go to Vormir and have a fight? He would have known that a sacrifice would be made from Nebula's glitch. Would have forced one to throw the other off and just kill the survivor? I am not sure the Soul Stone would work like that. It was an okay scene but I would need to context behind it, the original we got was good. We had a nice personal battle between Clint and Nat on who would sacrifice themselves.

I liked seeing the alternative death. The one we got was really good but I like seeing the variety of what they filmed.

I'm just glad they didn't use that alternate death. The one we got worked so much better.

Ulta released their Black Widow collab even though the movie is delayed, so if you're into make up there's that. :funny:

I keep watching the trailer and thinking there's just something not right about the de-aged General Ross.
The posture, the angle of the neck, I can't help but think there's more to it than that just being Ross made to look younger, It's not like they haven't put red herrings in trailers before...

...so could that actually be Tony Stark and they've made it look like Ross, de-ageing him at the same time so that rather than whether it's been digitally altered being a question, it's obvious enough that people don't question whether it was Ross to begin with?

I wonder how they‘ll do the marketing for this. They couldn‘t use the trailers everyone seen for 6 months then.
And they also can‘t rely on the „ people will go and watch it anyway“
Even if cinemas will be open in November a lot of people won‘t take that risk...except for movies with a real high hype like Endgame or when the Force awakens came out

Watching Winter Soldier and I didn't even think about it at the time. The Black Widow movie would have just came out so getting my fix. The Cap 2 Widow is my favorite from all the movies, she looks the best in it and has great banter with Cap throughout the movie.

Watching Winter Soldier and I didn't even think about it at the time. The Black Widow movie would have just came out so getting my fix. The Cap 2 Widow is my favorite from all the movies, she looks the best in it and has great banter with Cap throughout the movie.

couldn‘t agree more - Scarlett with long brunette hair looks the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"