Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

That would be massive if true. Could have huge implications not only for other MCU films, but also for many other high-profile movies that got delayed by Covid.

I feel this is a direct result of the current increase in Covid cases in the US. May could be too soon for movie audiences. But it also seems Disney is going heavily in on streaming. Campea did some math on how much they could get with the monthly price going to 10 dollars/euros. They could be closer to 100 million subscribers with Disney+ launching in Latin America this week.

I just finished watching that episode too. It kind of makes sense given that streaming is their number one priority now and they don’t pay any license fees for content since they own everything that’s in there. Either way, I think May is still too soon for this movie to be in theaters in order to make the kind of profit they would have pre-COVID.

With the way Americans are handling this pandemic - Not great, Bob! - I could see all next summer being a wash as well. And even if you can get vaccines into the hands of folks, there's a large population of folks that will refuse to take it. I think it is a good move for the Mouse to put Widow on Disney Plus and save the theater space for the non prequels.

With the way Americans are handling this pandemic - Not great, Bob! - I could see all next summer being a wash as well. And even if you can get vaccines into the hands of folks, there's a large population of folks that will refuse to take it. I think it is a good move for the Mouse to put Widow on Disney Plus and save the theater space for the non prequels.

Thing is though, I have the feeling that if they do put BW on Disney+, then it probably won't be the last, precisely for the very reason that they could go all of next year without releasing any movies either at this rate.

Personally, I think that if Widow goes streaming, then it becomes more or less inevitable that Eternals does too.

As for Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange 2 and Thor: L&T, obviously the jury is still out there and it might be the case that by the time those are finished, it may be possible to safely open theaters again.

Thing is though, I have the feeling that if they do put BW on Disney+, then it probably won't be the last, precisely for the very reason that they could go all of next year without releasing any movies either at this rate.

Personally, I think that if Widow goes streaming, then it becomes more or less inevitable that Eternals does too.

As for Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange 2 and Thor: L&T, obviously the jury is still out there and it might be the case that by the time those are finished, it may be possible to safely open theaters again.

I'm not sure about Eternals, because the film is supposed to be a major past of Phase 4 and availability of Disney Plus is still limited globally. I would think Feige and company would hold out to release an original superhero team film in theaters, but the longer the pandemic goes on all bets are off.

I'm not sure about Eternals, because the film is supposed to be a major past of Phase 4 and availability of Disney Plus is still limited globally. I would think Feige and company would hold out to release an original superhero team film in theaters, but the longer the pandemic goes on all bets are off.

Could the same not be said about Black Widow though? Haven't Feige and Co been saying that its actually quite important to the wider MCU and not just a a glorified goodbye to ScarJo?

Could the same not be said about Black Widow though? Haven't Feige and Co been saying that its actually quite important to the wider MCU and not just a a glorified goodbye to ScarJo?

It could be, but Feige may be fibbing a smidge to keep MCU fans interested in the ongoing adventures of a dead character.

I would rather they delay Eternals until it’s the right time for movie theaters. Personally I wouldn’t mind watching something like Black Widow on my TV at home but something that’s so special effects heavy like Eternals should be on the big screen. Delay it until 2022 if you have to. We still have Black Widow, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision, and Loki to get us through 2021.

John Campea says a lot of things.

He makes a lot of incorrect predictions sure (we all remember him saying that Justice League would make more money than Thor: Ragnarok), but I don't think he's a liar or someone who just produces clickbait.

The fact that he received corroborating reports from 2 separate people stating that BW would be released on Disney+ makes me think that there's probably some truth to it. Especially since he's long been someone who has been skeptical about movies being moved to streaming platforms.

John Campea said on his show today that he's gotten word from at least two sources that at the Disney investor's meeting on December 10th, they will announce Black Widow going to Disney+.
Unless they're planning on moving it up, there's no reason to announce anything any time soon.

Campea only said that he thinks it’s likely...not a guarantee. He could very well be wrong, which he admitted. Just that it won’t be a surprise if they do announce it since they made clear that they want to prioritize streaming now.

So with the announcement of WW84 going to theatres and HBO Max on December 25 I'm definitely starting to believe those Disney Plus rumors for Black Widow. I don't always believe John Campea either, but he has connections and realistically this wasn't going to come out in May anyways and there are only so many times Disney was going to delay it. Summer 2021 is a wash bro, but hopefully things do get better by 2022.

So with the announcement of WW84 going to theatres and HBO Max on December 25 I'm definitely starting to believe those Disney Plus rumors for Black Widow. I don't always believe John Campea either, but he has connections and realistically this wasn't going to come out in May anyways and there are only so many times Disney was going to delay it. Summer 2021 is a wash bro, but hopefully things do get better by 2022.

Hopefully. I really wanna see Thor: L&T on the big screen.

If something that looks like WW1989 is getting dropped on VOD then this definitely is too

Yeah it's really just speculation at this point.

Not saying Black Widow wouldn't get that treatment. But Disney has time to wait and make that decision.

WB had to do something with Wonder Woman after so many delays already not to mention they were running out of time with the latest release next month.

Disney has been playing the silent game which is the best game imo. Black Widow is only on the die hard fans radars at the moment. They killed all promo for it, it wanst delayed nearly 6 months like WW originally was (2019 to 2020) so I think they'd be fine waiting out until Mid 2021 if they really wanted to.

I hope that with WB announcing that they are releasing Wonder Woman 1984 for streaming on HBO Max, that this move helps make Disney consider releasing Black Widow on Disney+

Especially since Disney is now thinking of releasing all their live action Disney classic remakes on Disney+

I hope that with WB announcing that they are releasing Wonder Woman 1984 for streaming on HBO Max, that this move helps make Disney consider releasing Black Widow on Disney+

Especially since Disney is now thinking of releasing all their live action Disney classic remakes on Disney+

I hope for the opposite.

Mulan got a decent amount of criticism, and wasn't great. So I wonder how that impacted the numbers they saw with streaming purchases. Box Office it's a question of whether that criticism leads to Beauty and the Beast numbers or Dumbo. If they thought it was closer to Dumbo maybe the Disney+ release was a good idea. At the time it was some of the only new higher quality content being released anywhere.

Marvel has a good track record, and people want a new Marvel film. We know had this been released at the Box Office it would've done well. At least top 10 for the year. If they put it on Disney+, what do they charge to capture the $ from people who would go multiple times to see the film? Does the $30 price point cover what they would make if it was a theatrical release given that they would normally loose a % to distributors? How are theater chains going to react? They have a lot to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"