Black Widow News and Speculation Thread

Its ridiculous from Disney to hope it will be release 2021 in cinemas.

BLACK WIDOW is the greatest non-super super-heroine e-v-e-r.
The film is going to be excellent because NATASHA is freakin a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!

I was hoping that MARVEL was going to do a 3-film story like THOR, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and IRON MAN. They could start with the stories that NATASHA and CLINT are always talking about, and work their way to the present day. Either way, it is going to be so freakin great!!!

BLACK WIDOW / NATASHA ROMANOFF / NATALIE RUSHMAN is by far my favorite female character in the MCU. She is the freakin BOMB! Actually, if I didn't love TONY STARK / IRON MAN so much, NATASHA would probably be my favorite of all. ROCKET really can't be beat though
smile.gif

(Nor my man SCOTT LANG)

My respect for BLACK WIDOW has nothing to do with SCARLETT's beauty.
I sincerely mean that.
(seriously, I'm not attempting to be humorous with that statement)

Yes, I know that she is drop-dead gorgeous and completely stunning to look at.
(I almost bought a magazine the other day just because SCARLETT was on the cover and her face was complete perfection, so believe me I realize this statement seems silly)
And yes, SCARLETT, as a woman, is smoking hot sexy beyond belief.

But, her character is completely awesome apart from the physical. She's like BATMAN, JASON BOURNE, JOHN REESE, BEN GATES, SAMEEN SHAW and STEVE MCGARRETT all rolled into one. She is as smart as she is strong. As clever as she is quick. She has quality and caliber in abundance.

I don't like in WINTER SOLDIER when she tells STEVE, "Who do you want me to be", because it reveals that she doesn't yet fully care about truth at that point of her character arc. But, she grows and learns from there.

Anyways, can't wait for the film to come out!!!!!

I dont understand? Its a fake announcement?

The trailer had me for a full minute of excitement it will be real. But the upload date is 27th Jan and the internet would exploded if that would be actually real. Sigh... :(

I dont understand? Its a fake announcement?

More that Disney+ is going to be a last resort of a release until either it’s released in theaters or they work out a payment deal with Scarlet where she gets a pay up similar to what Gal Got from Time Warner for releasing WW84 on HBO Max.

Disney Plans Multiple Super Bowl Trailers, Possibly For Marvel's Loki, Black Widow & More

Falcon & Winter Soldier and Loki is great...but another Black Widdow trailer and we‘ll soon know the whole movie throughout the trailers.
Or,they could show us one of the trailers from last year, or, a hybrid of old and new footage. Just as a heads up, that Emergency Awesome guy, always uses the term "Announcement Video" in his stuff, it hardly ever turns out to anything really official, IF EVER!

I don't know if it will or won't but the lack of a Super Bowl ad indicates they lack confidence in its release in May, imo.

I think they are at least waiting tiltheaters in LA and NY are open? If I'm not mistaken theaters in those states are still closed.

Its just crazy to me that we could have seen Eternals and Black Widow months ago, while Shang Chi would have opened this month if it wasn't for this pandemic.

I think they are at least waiting tiltheaters in LA and NY are open? If I'm not mistaken theaters in those states are still closed.

Its just crazy to me that we could have seen Eternals and Black Widow months ago, while Shang Chi would have opened this month if it wasn't for this pandemic.

I think they should just release it to Disney Plus, because they can't just keep pushing the movie back, hoping that the pandemic magically goes away, and theaters to reopen.

I don't think they should release it straight to D+... not when they have Jungle Cruise and Cruella scheduled for 2021. Those two aren't guaranteed boX officehits even without a pandemic.

I know its been delayed for a year but they could possibly earn more if they wait for the vaccines to be distributed to 50% of the population of America and certain European countries.

And while these mcu movies are being delayed, they are at least releasing their new streaming shows in D+ in which Marvel Studios could get profit.

Last edited:
I don't think they should release straight to D+... not when they have Jungle Cruise and Cruella scheduled for 2021.

They can easily release it on Disney Plus, just release Black Widow as an surprise release alongside one of the episodes for Falcon and Winter Soldier or Loki.

They can easily release it on Disney Plus, just release Black Widow as an surprise release alongside one of the episodes for Falcon and Winter Soldier or Loki.
Can you explain the rush for a D+ release for Black Widow, when the studio that made Black Widow are already releasing four more streaming shows in 2021 for D+? Five more shows in 2022 as well.

Marvel Studios will earn money/profit from those shows.

Can you explain the rush for a D+ release for Black Widow, when the studio that made Black Widow are already releasing four more streaming shows in 2021 for D+? Five more shows in 2022 as well.

Black Widow finished post production in 2020, and is sitting on the hard drive for Marvel Studios gathering dust.

You have to release Black Widow because the whole universe need to continue, do it with premium. People will pay for Marvel. And even I am feeling tired of this movie though I love Scarlett as Nat. People will not run into theaters in summer after 1,5 years in home prison.

I dont know the cost and performance accounting for Marvel Studios but Im note sure how much they "earn" of the sales from D+.

Black Widow finished post production in 2020, and is sitting on the hard drive for Marvel Studios gathering dust.
So are No Time to Die, F9 and Eternals, well any movie that were supposed to come out in 2020.

They aren't released yet unlike Ww84, because the big bosses from their respective distributor are waiting for the right moment to release them and not just dump them to a streaming service.

Collect dust now, collect more money later on.

You have to release Black Widow because the whole universe need to continue, do it with premium. People will pay for Marvel. And even I am feeling tired of this movie though I love Scarlett as Nat. People will not run into theaters in summer after 1,5 years in home prison.

I dont know the cost and performance accounting for Marvel Studios but Im note sure how much they "earn" of the sales from D+.
Black Widow not being released isn't holding back the whole universe though. It didn't hold back WandaVision for starters. The movie was set before Infinity War. And even if Yelena appears in any of the upcoming 2021 streaming series, I seriously doubt people will put them on hold (meaning they won't watch it) because Black Widow isnt released yet.

And you're right, people arent going to run into theaters (except countries with low cases) in the summer. So most likely, Black Widow would be moved again.

Black Widow not being released isn't holding back the whole universe though. It didn't hold back WandaVision for starters. The movie was set before Infinity War. And even if Yelena appears in any of the upcoming 2021 streaming series, I seriously doubt people will put them on hold (meaning they won't watch it) because Black Widow isnt released yet.

And you're right, people arent going to run into theaters (except countries with low cases) in the summer. So most likely, Black Widow would be moved again.

It is holding back the high-priced theatrical slate, however. Between films already in the can and those that are currently in production, that’s around $1B in production costs alone collecting dust. They may as well suspend pre-production for Black Panther 2 and beyond at this rate.

It is holding back the high-priced theatrical slate, however. Between films already in the can and those that are currently in production, that’s around $1B in production costs alone collecting dust. They may as well suspend pre-production for Black Panther 2 and beyond at this rate.
How so?

People still haven't seen the film. People understand that there's a pandemic happening and no one is complaining that new movies aren't being released in theaters, the general public won't complain if 2020 movies are being released in 2021 and 2022 especially if they weren't even released/leaked in the past.

And if you didn't notice, films are also taking extra time to be done in filming and in post prod due to the pandemic. Its not like Marvel Studios keep finishing their films in production and post prod. Dr. Strange 2 for eXample, is taking forever to get the cameras start rolling. Thor 4 is in production but it was supposed to film earlier, while Spider-Man is a co production with Sony. And Sony already delayed Morbius to 2022, that movie was suposed to come out before Black widow.

These films aren't been dumped to a streaming sites just to make room for newer films, especially streaming services are still not enough for big films to recover their money. Look what happened to Mulan. Thats not how the business work.

While Ww84 was released in a streaming site for a loss, but the goal of Wb in releasing that film in HBO maX at the same as its theaterical release, is to attract people in subscribing to HBO MaX because HBO maX was (or is still) flopping.

Now Disney+ is not in a desperate situation to release Black Widow there, and if that platform needs more Marvel content - there's Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye slated to be released in the neXt ten months. WandaVision still hasn't aired its final episodes.

Releasing Black Widow will not do anyone favors eXcept for the impatient ones. Because even if they released Black Widow in May in D+, that doesn't guarantee Shang Chi and Eternals won't be delayed... unless you also suggest those films to be dumped in D+ with "holding back the other theaterical releases" as an eXcuse. Spider-Man 3 is still probably going to be delayed to 2022. I'd be surprised if Black Panther 2 hits theaters neXt year and who knows if Captain Marvel 2 starts filming this year for a 2022 release.

Last edited:

Home Prison? Nobody is locking us in.

Home Prison? Nobody is locking us in.

Depends strongly where you live, I think. I was not able to meet more then one friend at a time in private, whole countries in lockdown, exit locks in the evening. The visit of the supermarket is the only social live event left since a year. I would call this a home prison.

Dont get me wrong, these things are necessary. But I think people would like to go outside, doing some sport and stuff instead sitting in a bad aired cinema with 150 other people.

I agree. I think once things start to go back to semi-normal, you’ll see people want to spend more time outside rather than stuck in an indoor movie theater. I think people going back to the theaters will be slow this year even if we’re vaccinated.

Anyway, Disney just announced on their earnings call that they’re still planning to release BW theatrically only, but they’re flexible. So nothing new really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"