Blade Runner 2049

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you watch a movie 25 years after it's original premiere for the first time and it ends up in your top 10 most beloved movies ever.

How old are you guys that dislike Blade Runner ?
I'm 32. I've watched the film multiple times. The voice-over version is not the best because Harrison Ford sounds very bored. I would recommend the voice-overless version. And I'll reiterate that I don't hate it. I appreciate things about it. I like aspects of it, I like what it wants to be.

Last edited:
i like Blade Runner. but i do think that the reason some like it so much is because of the design,visuals,... and not story.

http://theplaylist.net/denis-villen...9-wont-answer-deckard-replicant-not-20161207/

Even though Ridley Scott has definitively stated that Deckard is a replicant in “Blade Runner,” it doesn’t take much searching to find countless fan theories arguing the opposite, and even Harrison Ford himself (decades ago) was on the side that his iconic sci-fi character was human. However, no matter which side of the fence you’re on, don’t look to Denis Villeneuve‘s upcoming “Blade Runner 2049” to give you any final answer on the matter.

In an interview with Allocine (in French, and I’m paraphrasing the following), the filmmaker says it was very important to him not to break the tension of the mystery that lingers around Scott’s original movie, or solve all its riddles. You might think that because Nexus 6 replicants only have a four-year lifespan, that the return of Ford in “Blade Runner 2049” as Deckard answers the question regarding his humanity, but Villeneuve says “not necessarily.” So, get ready for those internet debates to start raging once again. Here’s my #hottake: maybe Deckard was actually/secretly the next generation of Nexus replicants, or was damaged goods.

i like Blade Runner. but i do think that the reason some like it so much is because of the design,visuals,... and not story.

Not for me.

I love Blade Runner like some nerds here Looooove Star Wars.

I think SW sucks tho. :oldrazz:

I love Blade Runner like some nerds here Looooove Star Wars.

It's such a wonderful experience. The story, the cast, the visuals, and Vangelis' score. There's nothing else out there like Blade Runner. Which is why I'm leery of a sequel (but, of course, I'm eager to see what they've done).

I think SW sucks tho. :oldrazz:

I think it's sucked since 1983. The '77 movie remains the best, and 1980 yielded a worthy sequel. We might be getting the best movie in 33 years courtesy of Gareth Edwards.

Thank you. Tofu sucks. I don't care how you cook it, it still tastes like plastic (only with less flavor).

Apologies to my vegetarian and vegan friends out there. I know a lot of you swear by the stuff, but I've tried it a million different ways and it's awful every time.

Thank you. Tofu sucks. I don't care how you cook it, it still tastes like plastic (only with less flavor).

Apologies to my vegetarian and vegan friends out there. I know a lot of you swear by the stuff, but I've tried it a million different ways and it's awful every time.

Have you tried Fried Tofu slices with soy sauce?

ExdINgF.jpg

Or with ground pork and tomato?

I didn't care for Blade Runner at first but it grew on me. It became one of my favorite science fiction films.

I actually like the film noir influences in Blade Runner.

I love the idea that Ford hated being contractually obliged to do the voice over so much that for half of the time he did it he was drunk. People say he sounds bored in the voiceover [and that may be the case also] but for the most part, he's sloshed.

Have you tried Fried Tofu slices with soy sauce?

ExdINgF.jpg

Or with ground pork and tomato?

Yeah, I've tried it deep fried, at multiple restaurants. Still doesn't do it for me. Never had it with ground pork but doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? That's like the "conflicted burger" at Burger-Fi (a beef patty and a veggie patty on a bun).

Ryan Gosling on getting punched in the face by Harrison Ford

Ryan Gosling on getting punched in the face by Harrison Ford:

We were just doing a fight scene and, you know, it just happened. But what was funny was, when it was over, they brought ice for my face, and Harrison pushed me out of the way and stuck his fist in the ice. I asked him the other day where he got his sense of humor from - was it from his mother or his father? He said, ‘Sears.’ And he didn't have much time to shop around so he just had to grab one and get out. As soon as it happened, the director came up to me and said, ‘Look at it this way - you just got hit by Indiana Jones.’

Regarding Ford's apology:

He came by afterward with this bottle of scotch, and I thought, ‘Oh, I knew this was coming.’ And he pulled out a glass from his pocket, poured me a glass, and walked away with the rest of the bottle. So I guess he felt like he didn't connect enough to earn a whole bottle. You know, they say don't meet your heroes, but I would say the addendum to that is ‘...unless they're Harrison Ford.’ 'Cause he's a cool mother*****er.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ryan-gosling-on-getting-punched-in-the-face-by-harrison-ford-697

:lmao:

Roach has a friend who cut's trailers. He say's there's a trailer on it's way. HOLY SH**!

Yeah he just mentioned it in the JL board lounge thread. I would not be surprised if both Blade Runner and Alien trailers were released on the same day. Both have Ridley Scott heavily involved.

I was just on my way in here

Leto would at least deserve it.

"Sears." Is perhaps the greatest response ever.

Ford got his restraining order against Leto as soon as he joined.

Its a pretty short trailer. Nothing really spoilerish...very teasery. The only thing we learn is that Gosling is a Blade runner and Deckard used to be one. Deckard has been living in an old abandoned toy factory. It looks very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"