• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Blade Runner Remake

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :cmad:

glad i'm not the only one who was bored watching this movie. i'm sure a lot of people love it for various reasons, but i hadn't seen the movie until around 2 years ago and when i did i was thinking to myself "other than the visuals and effects, what's so special about this film?"

dang, i guess some people just can't accept other people's opinions...

...also, those movies you just named might not be considered masterpieces like Blade Runner is but they're visually more stimulating imo.....yes, even Lost in Space.

It's a cerebral thing. Some people just don't get it.

Shjt. I just used Matrix fanboy reasoning. But in this case it is true.

Blade Runner Remake

John Cusak - Deckard

Jude Law - Roy Batty

Keira Knightley - Rachel

John Legizamo - Gaff

Tim Robbins - Leon

Jessica Alba - Pris

William H Macy - JF Sebastion

Angelina Jolie - Zhora

Ed Harris - Holden

Michael Madsen - Holden

I always wondered what it would be like if they remade "Blade Runner", the 1980's sci-fi movie starring Harrison Ford. What you like to see a remake? Do you think it would be successful at the box office?
no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, NO!
This has to be the stupidiest, most pointless remake in the history of remakes.

Speaking on the matter, has anyone read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"? The novel the film is based on, it's quite good

Christ instead of saying that it's blasphemy that you shouldn't remake Blade Runner , why not explore the possibilty even tough we all know there won't be a Blade Runner remake.

A possible remake of Blade for example could focus more on the original story.
And like this thread has shown , there are people who just don't see what the big deal is with blade runner and/or just simply don't "get it".

Especially the "don't get it " issue is something that needs to be considered his day and age. Sure you had movies back in the 60's , 70's and 80's who were panned critically but now are considered to be SCI-FI classic , but back in those days SCi-Fi wasn't the Michael Bay- esque explosion spectacle.
Back in those days SCI_FI did actually have a story.

And if you can make a movie which can readily connect to the audience in it's first showing ( something that Blade Runner CLEARLY CAN'T DO) then you have made a great film.

Look at Children Of Men. Critics love it and apparantly the general public too considering it's 10 million weekend.

I do think blade runner is a great film that doesn't need remaking. I see the whole thing more as an ode to Metropolis though, which is pretty much what he intended anyway, lol.

has anyone seen natural city? It's kinda similar, but korean, and has a different focus, but still is about androids that have expiration dates

Speaking on the matter, has anyone read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"? The novel the film is based on, it's quite good
Did years ago. Only thing I remember was the use of sense organs. They would dial in what ever mood they wanted to have.

Christ instead of saying that it's blasphemy that you shouldn't remake Blade Runner , why not explore the possibilty even tough we all know there won't be a Blade Runner remake.

I said Blasphemy b/c that's how i see it,i never said everyone should like it or that those that don't are idiots or not sci fi fans i just really don't feel it needs remaking :cwink:

Look at Children Of Men. Critics love it and apparantly the general public too considering it's 10 million weekend.

I can't wait to see this one:up:

has anyone seen natural city? It's kinda similar, but korean, and has a different focus, but still is about androids that have expiration dates

Yeah ive seen it,i traded it after i watched it,kinda bored me and felt a bit loose

I said Blasphemy b/c that's how i see it,i never said everyone should like it or that those that don't are idiots or not sci fi fans i just really don't feel it needs remaking :cwink:

I can't wait to see this one:up:

I don't either but almost eveyone is throwing a hissy fit over this. We know it's never going to happend ( hopefully...) and i'll admit that Blade Runner is a great movie.
However there is always room for exploring the idea and not immediatly claiming that it's blasphemely if you can improve on the story.

Blade Runner is the type of movie that i'm sure for a first time viewer will leave a feeling of "WTF did i watch" and/or "What's the big deal with this movie".
It's only with more viewings and either rading the book or reading some stuff on the internet or even discussing it , do you realise what this movie really means.

And that's why i took the example of Children Of Men ( which btw hunter you should see).
The majority of people who have seen Children Of Men ( at least those i know) say that the movie gets to you right from the beginning. And it leaves an impact. It doesn't require multiple viewings and it lingers long enough to start having discussions.

What's also a "disadvantage" to Blade Runner is that answers aren't really given. You need to explore it yourself ( which is ironically one of the reason why the matrix movies are are hated apparantly :whatever: ). These days people want a movie that does have a (complex) story but they also want anwers at the end.

Last but not least , the film does differ from the book. Now a remake could focus on that too.

I don't either but almost eveyone is throwing a hissy fit over this. We know it's never going to happend ( hopefully...) and i'll admit that Blade Runner is a great movie.
However there is always room for exploring the idea and not immediatly claiming that it's blasphemely if you can improve on the story.

To me if they wanted to explore that world that was created in Blade Runner then doing it with new stories or even from the perspective of Deckard starting out would be a better idea than remaking an already excellent film

Blade Runner is the type of movie that i'm sure for a first time viewer will leave a feeling of "WTF did i watch" and/or "What's the big deal with this movie".
It's only with more viewings and either rading the book or reading some stuff on the internet or even discussing it , do you realise what this movie really means.

It certainly takes a few watches and when i was a kid i admit i couldn't get into it,it seemed so staid after Star Wars

And that's why i took the example of Children Of Men ( which btw hunter you should see).
The majority of people who have seen Children Of Men ( at least those i know) say that the movie gets to you right from the beginning. And it leaves an impact. It doesn't require multiple viewings and it lingers long enough to start having discussions.

It really seems to have went down well,i wonder if it could get oscar aknowledgement

What's also a "disadvantage" to Blade Runner is that answers aren't really given. You need to explore it yourself ( which is ironically one of the reason why the matrix movies are are hated apparantly :whatever: ). These days people want a movie that does have a (complex) story but they also want anwers at the end.

Well i think there are a couple of questions that leave the audience pondering but it's a sort of 2 option deal and they tried to solve that with one of the cuts i thought
Last but not least , the film does differ from the book. Now a remake could focus on that too

If they made it from the book i think it would be a whole other movie that would use the book title as it's name b/c from what i know all the Phillip K Dick adaptions bare little resemblance to their movie counterparts

Last but not least , the film does differ from the book. Now a remake could focus on that too.

No they just sucked. Sloppily written, poorly directed, hideously acted, atrociously filmed...They were just pointless, soulless self-important drivel.

No they just sucked. Sloppily written, poorly directed, hideously acted, atrociously filmed...They were just pointless, soulless self-important drivel.

You're opinion. Not a fact :yay:

I love 'em and i do disagree with ya completely . But i just used them as an example in this case.

How can you say they were poorly filmed? They have some of the best cinematography I've seen in a modern film.
Everything else you said was right though. The acting was just plain boring. The only character that brought some life to the films was Kid.

How can you say they were poorly filmed? They have some of the best cinematography I've seen in a modern film.
Everything else you said was right though. The acting was just plain boring. The only character that brought some life to the films was Kid.

You want great cinematography watch Bound. It was filmed on the budget of Trinity's mustache remover and is gorgeous. Many of the dolly shots were replicated in the original Matrix. The uninspired sequels pale in comparison.

You want great cinematography watch Bound. It was filmed on the budget of Trinity's mustache remover and is gorgeous. Many of the dolly shots were replicated in the original Matrix. The uninspired sequels pale in comparison.
*shivers*Carrie Anne-Moss does look like a man.

They should re-release it with walkie talkies instead of guns.

I always wondered what it would be like if they remade "Blade Runner", the 1980's sci-fi movie starring Harrison Ford. What you like to see a remake? Do you think it would be successful at the box office?

NO

seriously, if they tried to remake Blade Runner i would go on a shooting rampage.

I've been a fan of Blade Runner since I was 4 and saw it with my old man. It's an excellent movie that doesn't need to be remade.

And don't even think about touching Enemy Mine. That's an under-rated great that doesn't need to be remade

I've been a fan of Blade Runner since I was 4 and saw it with my old man. It's an excellent movie that doesn't need to be remade.

And don't even think about touching Enemy Mine. That's an under-rated great that doesn't need to be remade
That's another one that doesn't need to be remade.
It could use a sequel though...

Last time they attempted to remake a great film they turned it into a steaming pile of ****.

It was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

What's the word on the new Deluxe DVD? I heard March or April sometime last summer, so since that's quicky approaching, I figured we'd get some info by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"