• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Bloodline" on Netflix

Sgt.Pepper

Nowhere Man
Reaction score
Netflix Orders Series From ‘Damages’ Creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman & Glenn Kessler And Sony Pictures TV

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday October 14, 2013 @ 12:00pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: Damages creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler are heading to Netflix for their return to television. The streaming giant has given a 13-episode order to an untitled psychological thriller drama, which is produced by Sony Pictures TV, the studio behind Damages. Written and executive produced by the Kessler brothers and Zelman in their followup to the acclaimed FX/DirecTV legal thriller starring Glenn Close, the new series centers on a family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother returns home. “We’ve always wanted to put our spin on a family saga and examine universal themes of family in a way that has never been seen before on television,” the writers said. “The series is a tightly wound thriller that explores the complex bonds between parents and children, brothers and sisters, and the rivalries, jealousies, and betrayals at the core of every family.” The series is set to begin production in early 2014. “We were spellbound after hearing Todd, Glenn and Daniel’s pitch, and knew Netflix was the perfect home for this suspenseful family drama that is going to have viewers on the edge of their seats,” said Cindy Holland, VP of original content for Netflix. “Their work on Damages was truly ahead of its time.” This marks the latest original series for Netflix, which has only been a player in the arena for the past year. It joins David Fincher/Kevin Spacey’s House Of Cards, Eli Roth’s Hemlock Grove and Jenji Kohan’s Orange Is The New Black, all going into second seasons, Wachowskis’ recently ordered Sense8 and acquisitions Lilyhammer and Derek. “We are absolutely thrilled to be creating an original series for Netflix — a company committed to cutting-edge storytelling in a vibrant, new space,” the Kesslers and Zelman said. “We’re equally excited about our relationship with Sony Pictures TV, which continues to provide us with unwavering creative support.”

The deal for the project between Netflix and Sony TV, which took months to close, is breaking new ground as the first one on a new series between the streaming company and a major Hollywood studio, which required the creation of templates for auxiliary revenues, backend and all other elements of a traditional network agreement. 20th TV had such deals already in place from before when it revived Arrested Development for Netflix, which first started working with established studios through the Lionsgate TV-produced Orange Is The New Black. “The guys worked so hard to come up with the right idea after the success of Damages,” said SPT president of programming and production Jamie Erlicht. “It took almost a year to fully develop the pitch and their patience paid off with the incredible reaction in the community, especially at Netflix, the perfect home for this show.”

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/netflix-orders-series-from-damages-creators-todd-a-kessler-daniel-zelman-glenn-kessler-and-sony-pictures-tv/

Kyle Chandler To Star In Netflix’s Thriller Drama Series From Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman, Glenn Kessler & Sony TV

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday January 16, 2014 @ 4:15pm PST

EXCLUSIVE: Sought-after TV leading man Kyle Chandler is off the market for this coming pilot season. I’ve learned that the Friday Night Lights alum, who already had received a ton of pilot offers, has signed on to star in Netflix‘s 13-episode psychological thriller from Damages creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler and Sony Pictures TV. Written and executive produced by the Kessler brothers and Zelman in their follow-up to the acclaimed FX/DirecTV legal thriller starring Glenn Close, the untitled series centers on a family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when the black sheep oldest brother returns home. Netflix and Sony would not comment, but I hear Chandler will play the married middle brother who takes care of the family. The deal comes after a lengthy courtship, with the project landing Chandler for the role that he had been considered the prototype for. Filming is slated to begin in late March in the Florida Keys.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/kyle-chandler-netflix-thriller-todd-a-kessler-daniel-zelman/

I love Damages (even though it has its flaws), so I'm really excited for this.

Last edited:
I'll watch it for Kyle Chandler. I wonder if his Vatican pilot will ever be online...

Loved Damages and love Kyle Chandler. Will watch.

The first season of Damages was stellar, can't wait to see what they do with a new show on Netflix.

Ben Mendelsohn To Star In Netflix's Thriller Drama Series From ‘Damages’ Creators
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday January 21, 2014 @ 5:39pm PST

Ben Mendelsohn (Killing Them Softly, The Dark Knight Rises) is set to co-star opposite Kyle Chandler in Netflix's 13-episode psychological thriller from Damages creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler and Sony Pictures TV. Written and executive produced by the Kessler brothers and Zelman in their follow-up to the acclaimed FX/DirecTV legal thriller starring Glenn Close, the untitled series centers on a family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when the black sheep oldest brother, Danny (Mendesohn), returns home. Chandler, who in real life is four years older than Aussie Mendelsohn, plays the married middle brother who takes care of the family. Filming is set to begin in late March in the Florida Keys.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/ben...-thriller-drama-series-from-damages-creators/

Great addition to the cast. Very excited to see who they will get next.

Lookie Netflix snatching talents left and right,The drama KZK did with the Tobin family in S3 of Damages was good and I'm game to see them take it further for this.

Linda Cardellini Joins Netflix’s Thriller Drama Series From ‘Damages’ Creators
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday February 4, 2014 @ 12:00pm PST

Mad Men‘s Linda Cardellini is set to co-star opposite Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendelsohn in Netflix‘s 13-episode psychological thriller from Damages creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler and Sony Pictures TV. Written and executive produced by the Kessler brothers and Zelman in their follow-up to the acclaimed FX/DirecTV legal thriller starring Glenn Close, the untitled series centers on a close-knit family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when the black sheep oldest brother, Danny (Mendesohn), returns home. Cardellini, repped by ICM Partners and Mosaic Media, will play the youngest of four siblings, Meg, a skilled attorney who’s also warm, caring and fun but, beneath her buoyant exterior, she is a complex woman with secrets. Chandler plays the middle brother. Filming is set to begin in late March in the Florida Keys.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/lin...-thriller-drama-series-from-damages-creators/

Sissy Spacek Joins Netflix’s Thriller Drama Series From ‘Damages’ Creators
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday February 5, 2014 @ 12:01pm PST

Sissy Spacek is set to co-star opposite Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn and Linda Cardellini in Netflix‘s 13-episode psychological thriller from Damages creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler and Sony Pictures TV. Written and executive produced by the Kessler brothers and Zelman, the untitled series centers on a close-knit family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when the black sheep oldest brother, Danny (Mendelsohn), returns home. Spacek will play the siblings’ mother.
http://http://www.deadline.com/2014...-thriller-drama-series-from-damages-creators/

Jamie McShane (Southland) has joined the cast of Netflix’s psychological thriller series ZKZ from Damages creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler and Sony Pictures TV. Starring Sissy Spacek, Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn and Linda Cardellini, the 13-episode series revolves around a close-knit family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when the black sheep oldest brother, Danny (Mendelsohn), returns home. McShane plays Eric O’Bannon, a Key West native whose unethical business practices and questionable decision making present a moral challenge for Danny. McShane next will appear in David Fincher’s Gone Girl as well as a recurring arc on Steven Bochco’s Murder In The 1st for TNT. He is repped by Defining Artists and Trademark Talent.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/vin...mcshane-boards-netflix-thriller-drama-series/

Casting is really shaping up, hope we'd get a title soon.

Jacinda Barrett Joins Netflix Series From ‘Damages’ Creators, Johan Renck To Direct
EXCLUSIVE: Jacinda Barrett is set to co-star opposite Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, Linda Cardellini and Sissy Spacek in Netflix‘s 13-episode psychological thriller from Damages creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler and Sony Pictures TV. Swedish helmer Johan Renck (Breaking Bad, Downloading Nancy) will direct the opening episode of the series written and executive produced by the Kessler brothers and Zelman. It centers on a close-knit family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when the black sheep oldest brother, Danny (Mendelsohn), returns home. Australian-born Barrett, repped by Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment, will play the strong-willed and devoted wife of the family’s “responsible” brother John (Chandler). She co-stared on ABC’s Zero Hour and has a recurring role on USA’s Suits opposite real-life husband Gabriel Macht.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/jac...-from-damages-creators-johan-renck-to-direct/

I've been nothing but impressed by Renck's works. Great choice. :up:

Sam Shepard To Co-Star In Netflix Drama Series From ‘Damages’ Creators
Sam Shepard (August: Osage County) has joined the cast of Netflix‘s untitled psychological thriller drama from Sony Pictures TV. Written and executive produced by Damages creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler (KZK), the 13-episode series centers on a close-knit family of four adult siblings (Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, Linda Cardellini, Norbert Leo Butz) whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother (Mendelsohn) returns home. Shepard will play the patriarch of the family, with Sissy Spacek previously cast as his wife.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/sam...n-netflix-drama-series-from-damages-creators/

Every addition to the cast so far has been great. Although it would really be nice with a title.

Trailer for this is up. There's some swearing, so I don't know if I can post it, but it looks good. I'm interested.

Yeah, I'll definitely be checking this one out. I loved Damages, and I love the cast. Trailer looks great. :up:

Premiered today

After Friday Night Lights, Ill check for Kyle Chandler in anything.

Only managed to watch up to the 3rd episode. It's alright. No real complaints at all.

For some reason, it makes me really want some fish to eat though...

This show is great! We really needa change the thread title, though. I'm about to start episode 4. It's completely sucked me in. Very cinematic.

Oooh, hopefully I can get started on this one this weekend. I love just about everyone involved, and it looks awesome.

This is a pretty slow burn but Im still watching

I'm on episode 11, this show is phenomenal! It just gets better and better as stuff starts going down and information is revealed. Seriously, this is great.

Binging on Fargo atm, got 2 episodes left as soon as Im done with that I'm planning on watching this.

I just finished my re-watch of Fargo season 1 Friday and went straight to this yesterday morning. About to start the finale. Stuff has gotten crazy the last few episodes. It's seriously pretty great, though.

Good god, this was just absolutely phenomenal. The last 3 or 4 episodes are just ****ing outstanding. I seriously loved this.

that good huh?

I mean, yea kinda. It's just a really great family drama/thriller. The plot is really emotionally intense and character driven. I loved it. Reflecting on it now, some things happened I'm not to happy with but, I get it and it's just great. I highly recommend it.

It was alright, it took forever to really get moving but when it does you'll be so many episodes in that you have no choice but to finish.

The casting, especially for the younger versions of the characters, was pretty damn good.

Started the first episode thought it was alright, the great thing about it is that its not a show that I can see myself binge watching which is great as this buys me some time until Daredevil comes out next month

That first episode was very very slow. 3 episodes in and im hooked. Netflix is maybe my 3rd favorite network (yes they are officially a network now) on the air. Oh and this is the first show I have seen Cardinelli on since Freaks and Geeks, she does drama well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"