Snowpiercer TV Series

Icy Boy.
The Hospitality guy from Big Alice gave a few details : the couple of creepy Doc aboard Alice upgraded him with skin grafts and cold protection. He's like a kind of Frankenstein's monster.

Yeah just saw the 2nd episode last night, I have a feeling that's going to play into
Josey's return somehow
and it will be used against Layton at some point.

Setting up even more plotpoints/storylines, now with Josie. Icy Boy is definitely getting prepped up for a "walk" outside the train, probably to the engine of Snowpiercer. I see episode lengths have increased and still feel too short.

Setting up even more plotpoints/storylines, now with Josie. Icy Boy is definitely getting prepped up for a "walk" outside the train, probably to the engine of Snowpiercer. I see episode lengths have increased and still feel too short.

I was thinking Wilford would send him to stop Melanie from setting up the station but sending Icy Boy to the engine is also a possibility.

Seems like the TV show is nowhere near as bleak and dark as the film.

Seems like the TV show is nowhere near as bleak and dark as the film.

No, it is not.
The tail people in the show aren't as miserable as in the movie, there is no cockroaches jello nor talk about cannibalism or using kids as spare parts.
On the other hand, the social aspects are more detailed in the show and the main characters have to make rather drastic decisions.
Note that the movie happens 17 years (or so) after the event and the show 7 years.
Edit: in the movie there was a religious devotion to Wilford and The Sacred Engine, you also notice that there is no engineer that drives it, she is an entity by itself, a man made monstrosity. Nothing like that in the show.

Last edited:
No, it is not.
The tail people in the show aren't as miserable as in the movie, there is no cockroaches jello nor talk about cannibalism or using kids as spare parts.
On the other hand, the social aspects are more detailed in the show and the main characters have to make rather drastic decisions.
Note that the movie happens 17 years (or so) after the event and the show 7 years.
Edit: in the movie there was a religious devotion to Wilford and The Sacred Engine, you also notice that there is no engineer that drives it, she is an entity by itself, a man made monstrosity. Nothing like that in the show.

About that...

What an episode this week. Icy Bob has a personality, break men were the targets, not the attackers and Steven Ogg shaves his hair and beard and looks even better and Sean Bean's Wilford is an even bigger monster almost every episode.

About that...

What an episode this week. Icy Bob has a personality, break men were the targets, not the attackers and Steven Ogg shaves his hair and beard and looks even better and Sean Bean's Wilford is an even bigger monster almost every episode.

Yes..bad memory of mine :)

Damn, Wilford is some next level manipulative evil. Looks like **** is going to hit the fan soon and Wilford will take over Snowpiercer, which will explain Melanie being left stranded. I see some strong correlation with reality that some people prefer a strong leader, no matter how cruel or evil he might be, over a more benevolent but "weak" leader. I hope Audrey is playing Wilford and Alex eventually turns on him fully.

Steven Ogg looks weird/interesting bald and without a long beard. This is also the most/best acting I've seen from him. He didn't really stand out in The Walking Dead.

Audrey I'm not sure but Alex will definitively turn on Wilford.

Joseph Wilford>Lex Luthor. I was struggling to applause and curse at him after realizing his plan. If Audrey's fully turned, then I hope she meets a gruesome end.

Netflix is showing the last two episodes airing on the 30th. :huh:

This season better not end on Alex watching the train go past Melanie.

Roche and his family got put in the boxes.

I can totally see that synthetic skin being actual human skin taken from people in those boxes with something added in to increase cold tolerance.

Last edited:
Joseph Wilford>Lex Luthor. I was struggling to applause and curse at him after realizing his plan. If Audrey's fully turned, then I hope she meets a gruesome end.

Netflix is showing the last two episodes airing on the 30th. :huh:

This season better not end on Alex watching the train go past Melanie.

Roche and his family got put in the boxes.

I can totally see that synthetic skin being actual human skin taken from people in those boxes with something added in to increase cold tolerance.

If there are only 2 ep left, it might be the case. That would be a big cliffhanger.

I can see Alex switching the wires at Big Alice so that everyone will hear what Wilford really thinks about the passengers.

Not sure that the First and Second class would care, they bought their tickets or were valuable passengers (2nd class techniciens etc) and Wilford is the man who saved them from the icepocalypse.
Wilford isn't a nice guy but what Melanie did to him made him even worst.
Drastic times require drastic measures and it's not like Melanie was reluctant to ice the arms of rebelious passengers.

Was surprised they
killed Melanie off screen, thought that was a poor way to end the cliff hanger and the character had at least another season in her

What a fantastic season finale. Alex turned as expected but so many things happened that I didn't saw coming. The character development of Ruth throughout the season was great.

They began shooting season 3 on March 5th and Jennifer Connelly will return, according to executive producer:

In TV Line's breakdown of the final two Snowpiercer Season 2 episodes "The Show Must Go On" and "Into the White," executive producer Becky Clements said, "we are pleased that Jennifer will join us for Season 3."

She might still be dead and appear only in flashback and hallucinations.

Though Clements told Deadline that, "Melanie will join us for Season 3," she also told TV Line that she thinks the character might be dead.

"I don't know if I'm going on record that she is done for," the EP told the website, "but I don't know that she is alive." Of course, a golden rule of TV is that is we do not see a character's body then they are probably still alive, so the fact that Layton and Alex did not find a frozen corpse is probably a good sign.

Filming, however, has now begun on Season 3. This was confirmed by Bess Till actor Mickey Sumner in a Collider interview, where she said, "We're about to do Season 3, and I have zero idea. I start shooting tomorrow [March 5, 2021], and I know what I'm doing in Episodes 1 and 2, but that's it. I don't know where she's going. They keep it pretty heavily under wraps, which is exciting."

Just found out she's Sting's daughter! :eek:

I would like that she is not dead but I don't hold hope. Either way will be fine for me even if I had preferred an on screen death.

I just don’t see how she can alive. The hut had ran out of power and her suit would have soon after as well. Unless there are other humans or another train out there, but that would be so contrived.

I just don’t see how she can alive. The hut had ran out of power and her suit would have soon after as well. Unless there are other humans or another train out there, but that would be so contrived.

Was the station located in the Rocky mountains? Because it looked like on the map that there was a warmer spot around there.

If there appear more warmer spots around the world, Wilford might have trouble explaining it to his passengers. I also see there being a chance that the ice under some part of the track melting and causing the track to be under water. In fact, I see there being a whole episode dedicated to that.

I don't know how either but I also don't try to out think shows I watch, I like surprise and I'm usually wrong when I do :)
If we had seen a frozen Melanie outside, that would be settled but we did not. Can a big character like her can die off screen just like that ? Hmmm....

If they do bring her back I can only see it being in a contrived way so I kinda hope she stays dead, but at the same time thoughts it was a poor way to do it.

Not sure in the station location but it was still freezing outside and mostly inside.

Season 3 started this week. Good start. I like how opposite the living conditions suddenly are on the two trains. Cold on Wilford's train, hot on the smaller one. I was almost expecting that woman to be Melanie but I'm guessing it's a Russian woman, possibly from a nuclear plant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"