• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

DC Films Blue Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a list of appearances by other blue beetles in other media by the way.
Ted Kord

Dan Garret
But most of them are animated, voice only or mentioned. I'm talking live action movie in costume as main character with Dan as mentor and friend.

It's gonna be Jaime. That's not even a question. The majority of media appearances featuring the character of Blue Beetle have been him, and they're gonna like the good buzz that comes from doing the first Latino superhero movie.

Ted could be fun in a mentor role.

Last edited:
they Hype just picked up the story too- Warner Bros. is Developing a Blue Beetle Movie for the DCEU

How about Kobra Kai's Xolo Maridueña as Jaime Reyes?

latest

tumblr_md4o5v50as1rkz9b7o1_500.gif

He would be the best choice

It's gonna be Jaime. That's not even a question. The majority of media appearances featuring the character of Blue Beetle have been him, and they're gonna like the good buzz that comes from doing the first Latino superhero movie.

Ted could be fun in a mentor role.

I can't believe there are some fans out there thinking that a potential Blue Beetle film wouldn't be Jaime. I mean he is the one with the solos, countless animated appearances as a lead, several video game appearances as a playable character, and 2 live action appearances in only 12 years. Plus he has actual powers and his film could be action packed (hello China)... Kind of obvious he'd be the one to get a film.

Ted as the Hank Pym to Jaime's Scott Lang...I am all for that

zJ8Opz.jpg

My top choices for Blue Beetle, so I hope it actually happens. I think either choice would do a damn good job at bringing Jaime to life!

On the left is Diego Tinoco (On My Block) and on the right is Xolo Maridueña (Cobra Kai). Both are fully Latino and young enough for the role. What do you think?

zJ8Opz.jpg

My top choices for Blue Beetle, so I hope it actually happens. I think either choice would do a damn good job at bringing Jaime to life!

On the left is Diego Tinoco (On My Block) and on the right is Xolo Maridueña (Cobra Kai). Both are fully Latino and young enough for the role. What do you think?
Another great call Juan1193,
Diego Tinoco (Cesar Diaz / On My Block) seems like a great choice!

Last edited:
Or how about Tyler Posey as Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle

Another great call Juan1193,
Diego Tinoco (Cesar Diaz / On My Block) seems like great choice!

Yeah he has a very "leading man look" so to speak and he has this charm about him that makes me think he'd be a great Blue Beetle. Plus On The Block is a cool show.

Or how about Tyler Posey as Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle

Tyler would have been a great choice back in his Teen Wolf days, but he's unfortunately aged out of the role. Though I guess if they want an older Jaime he'd be a goood choice.

I hope they take a leaf out of the Batman Brave and the Bold episode Fall of the Blue Beetle, they could have the new a Beetle go looking for the old one like in that episode.

I hope they take a leaf out of the Batman Brave and the Bold episode Fall of the Blue Beetle, they could have the new a Beetle go looking for the old one like in that episode.
Yeah I wouldn’t mind if they took inspiration from Young Justice’s Blue Beetle as well.

This could be interesting if it gets made. I'd rather see all the big guns get their due first like Flash and GLC, but this kind of thing is still welcome.

Blue Beetle would work best in DCEU Phase 3 if they even get to Phase 3

They have a chance to do something special with the visuals for the scarab suit.

That kid from Cobra Kai would be perfect for Jaime Reyes. If WB is really going to make a Blue Beetle movie, they'd better cast him and actually make the movie before he ages out of the role. ;)

They can make it similar to Ant Man with Jaime basically taking the mantle from the original Beetle that being Ted Kord and Ted mentoring Jaime to become The Blue Beetle similar to Hank training and mentoring Scott Lang

They can make it similar to Ant Man with Jaime basically taking the mantle from the original Beetle that being Ted Kord and Ted mentoring Jaime to become The Blue Beetle similar to Hank training and mentoring Scott Lang

Does that then make these films too similar though.

I'd rather they go with a plot similar to the Batman Brave and the Bold episode "Fall of the Blue Beetle" where Jaime chases the legacy of the Blue Beetle to Science Island. He thinks he meets Ted Kord but its caits actually Jarvis Kord. The episode we find out Ted Kord is dead but maybe they could have him still be alive, kept prisoner and Jaime saves him. Then in a sequel he can be a mentor to Jaime.

Does that then make these films too similar though.

I'd rather they go with a plot similar to the Batman Brave and the Bold episode "Fall of the Blue Beetle" where Jaime chases the legacy of the Blue Beetle to Science Island. He thinks he meets Ted Kord but its caits actually Jarvis Kord. The episode we find out Ted Kord is dead but maybe they could have him still be alive, kept prisoner and Jaime saves him. Then in a sequel he can be a mentor to Jaime.

I would go for that if and when Blue Beetle is added to the DCEU slate of films

I would go for that if and when Blue Beetle is added to the DCEU slate of films

Some of the people on Twitter, the ones with insiders (ie Daniel, KC Walsh, Mario) seem to think this has a high chance of happening. WB was apparently very happy with the pitch. Here's hoping they like the script enough to move forward with a director!

Some of the people on Twitter, the ones with insiders (ie Daniel, KC Walsh, Mario) seem to think this has a high chance of happening. WB was apparently very happy with the pitch. Here's hoping they like the script enough to move forward with a director!
That’s not surprising. It has the obvious benefit of being the first Latino led superhero film.

I’d bet on it happening. They’ve honestly got a lot of good material to draw from too. This has the potential to be a really good movie. The Reach should definitely be the villains.

I think if Warner Bros wants a name for Ted Kord, I wonder if Tom Hanks might work? He's a bit older than a lot of the suggestions for Kord but as a mentor role, I could see it.

I think if Warner Bros wants a name for Ted Kord, I wonder if Tom Hanks might work? He's a bit older than a lot of the suggestions for Kord but as a mentor role, I could see it.
He’d definitely work. Hanks has such a great voice, give that dude an uplifting monologue and you’ve got yourself a kickass trailer already.

I'm imagining Kord to be someone more like Jake Johnson's Peter Parker or Cobra Kai's Johnny Lawrence, since he never got the scarab working,
but in his own quirky inventive way has been Blue Beetle for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"