• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

DC Films Blue Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really curious to see who Guillen would be playing.

Really curious to see who Guillen would be playing.

Could be a latino ted kord.not necessarily a fan of that but maybe?

Hoping this film is a hit. bigger than shazam type hit. Seems the rumour is it isnt the reach as villains which would be good since....dceu has had like 3 to 4 alien invasion threats already.

Hoping this film is a hit. bigger than shazam type hit. Seems the rumour is it isnt the reach as villains which would be good since....dceu has had like 3 to 4 alien invasion threats already.

Not only have they already visited the "alien invader" well a bunch, but the Reach are effectively both Jaime's "Archnemesis" *and* the answer to tons of his own personal deep mythos questions. They would work much better as Movie 3 villain, paying off the foreshadowing and character arc developed to that point.

I read an article about this film last year. The one who had written it mentioned previous Blue Beetles but stated that it's unsure if they were going to be in the film.
This pic was added to the article. It made me chuckle a little. Couldn't the writer see the name KORD clearly visible in the background?
Isn't it evident that Ted Kord is going to appear, even it's just for a little part of the film?

4dv0ah4mzut71.png

Last edited:
Always so awesome when fan casting becomes reality.
It truly is!!!
For the one who fancasted the right actor, atleast.

I might be wrong but, a decade or so ago, wouldn't Jake T Austin have been the number 1 guy to fancast for Jaime Reyes?
That never happened.

Why would two of the Blue Beetles be latino? I'm strongly against that because it will make the character Jaime less unique.

I don't think Harvey Guillén is going to be Ted Kord. Excuse me for saying this but someone with that body type isn't superhero material unless it's a parody.

harvey guillén - Google-søk

It truly is!!!

I might be wrong but, a decade or so ago, wouldn't Jake T Austin have been the number 1 guy to fancast for Jaime Reyes?
That never happened.

Why would two of the Blue Beetles be latino? I'm strongly against that because it will make the character Jaime less unique.

I don't think Harvey Guillén is going to be Ted Kord. Excuse me for saying this but someone with that body type isn't superhero material unless it's a parody.

I think Tyler Posey was the popular fan cast for Blue Beetle a decade ago lol. Saw him everywhere for Jaime or Kyle Rayner.

Anyway, with the Flash being delayed hopefully they add in a cameo for Jaime to give the film some more momentum

I think Tyler Posey was the popular fan cast for Blue Beetle a decade ago lol. Saw him everywhere for Jaime or Kyle Rayner.

Anyway, with the Flash being delayed hopefully they add in a cameo for Jaime to give the film some more momentum
I don't remember that. Thank you!

Could possible cameos be the reason for Flash moving to next year?
I mean, first Blue Beetle gets a theatrical release. Then Flash is delayed. Is it connected somehow?
Is Barry Allen going to meet Jaime (and perhaps Ted Kord too)?

I don't remember that. Thank you!

Could possible cameos be the reason for Flash moving to next year?
I mean, first Blue Beetle gets a theatrical release. Then Flash is delayed. Is it connected somehow?
Is Barry Allen going to meet Jaime (and perhaps Ted Kord too)?

Yeah all those fan castings happened when Teen Wolf was a huge show and YJ was airing. Can still find images on Google of Tyler as Blue Beetle.

As for cameos, who knows but I’m still excited regardless

Yeah all those fan castings happened when Teen Wolf was a huge show and YJ was airing. Can still find images on Google of Tyler as Blue Beetle.
When looking at some pics from TW, I went *lol*
I think I know the reason he was fan cast. He's appeared to be more of a model than an actor
Being young, good-looking and showing some bare chest was the main factor that made people like him.
upload_2022-3-13_13-43-35.jpeg
images

I found some fan castings with Jake T Austin too.
If there hadn't been any of those, it would have been reeaally strange. He was the right age, being an actual teenager up until 2014.

Edit: he's provided the voice for an animated version. I didn't know that :wow:

Isn't Jaime Reyes supposed to be socially akward though? Then why pick Tyler Posey, the most handsome actor?

Here's something else I stumbled across. Seems a little bit dorky so maybe a more interesting pick
upload_2022-3-13_13-41-57.jpeg

It truly is!!!

That never happened.

Guillén‘s action scenes in What We Do in the Shadow’s are really solid and fun to watch. I wouldn’t knock him just because he’s heavier.

Guillén‘s action scenes in What We Do in the Shadow’s are really solid and fun to watch. I wouldn’t knock him just because he’s heavier.
Come on, do you seriously think he's their first choice for Ted Kord? Would you have wanted to see him in a superhero suit?

Come on, do you seriously think he's their first choice for Ted Kord? Would you have wanted to see him in a superhero suit?

I don’t think he’s Ted Kord, but it has nothing to do with his body. And I have no problem with him in a superhero suit.

When looking at some pics from TW, I went *lol*
I think I know the reason he was fan cast. He's appeared to be more of a model than an actor
Being young, good-looking and showing some bare chest was the main factor that made people like him.
View attachment 53952
images

I found some fan castings with Jake T Austin too.
If there hadn't been any of those, it would have been reeaally strange. He was the right age, being an actual teenager up until 2014.

Edit: he's provided the voice for an animated version. I didn't know that :wow:

Isn't Jaime Reyes supposed to be socially akward though? Then why pick Tyler Posey, the most handsome actor?

Here's something else I stumbled across. Seems a little bit dorky so maybe a more interesting pick
View attachment 53951

Pretty much. But to be fair he was one of the few Mexican American actors in Hollywood at the time, so he was everyone’s pick for a while.

speaking of modeling,he does have an Onlyfans now lol

I’m glad we got Xolo Mariduena as Blue Beetles, he’s perfect for the character. Miguel (Cobra Kai) is basically Jaime. Michael Garza (Scary Stories) would have been another good choice!

I’m glad we got Xolo Mariduena as Blue Beetles, he’s perfect for the character. Miguel (Cobra Kai) is basically Jaime. Michael Garza (Scary Stories) would have been another good choice!
I am with you that Miguel in CK feels like what Jaime Reyes should be.
It would have been even better if Xolo played BB a few years ago. He's starting to look a man now, atleast in real life..

I looked up Garza. Yeah, he could work :)

Curious who they’ll get for Jaime’s mom, La Dama (rumored villain), Paco and Brenda. Also wonder if they’ll use any of the Posse members?

Guess we’ll find out next month when they start filming and leaks start to happen

So Sandra Bullock and James Marsden rumored to be joining the cast! Wonder if that’ll happen but it’s coming from reliable insiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"