Bought/Thought for June 10th, 2009 (SPOILERS within!)

Deadpool #11
Wow, this issue was absolutely amazing, IMO. I don't think I've read a funnier, wittier comic since they canceled Cable and Deadpool. Way's new series started off kind of rough for me and I'm still kind of pissed about Way's complete ignorance of Deadpool's character transformation and progress from C & D, but this is a great issue. This arc is shaping up to be handsdown the best of the entire series and possibly one of the best Deadpool arcs ever. I don't do this often, but I'll give it a 5/5.

Punisher MAX #71
I'm a huge Punisher fan. I own and have read every issue of the Punisher ever printed. I understand the character and as much as this pains me to say, this just doesn't feel like the an issue of the Punisher. It's not a character butchering like Fraction's appalling "WarJournal", but there's still something off here. That said, the issue was inherently bad. It just wasn't great. This seems to be a weak spot of the entire MAX run, but hey: It's the beginning of an arc. Things could get better. All in all, a solid 3/5.

Dread, it's at Carroll and 7th.

And fer the record, I get 20% off my total. However, the last owners gave me 20% off COVER PRICE, which was a little cheaper, but I guess I can't nit-pick. The guy who cold-shouldered Dread on Cap there slips me a 25% whenever he's on when I pick up.

I'm probably just not as friendly. :p

Just ask Wolverine25th to put aside a Cap #600 for you Dread...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:yay:

Probably too late, but I'll see if I can swing by there.

I think my shop has two levels of discount depending on how much is on your pull list. As far as Cap #600 goes, I asked them, and said it shouldn't be a problem.

Captain America's on my pull list anyway, so I assume my shop's owner will hold a copy for me. My shop's like a 15 minute drive away with traffic, which is a lot for the town I live in, so I'd prefer to only go once a week.

ok not a new thing but I got in the mail my "40 years of Xmen" CD rom.
I absolutely love this.It starts with the Original xmen and goes until the end of Chuck Austen's run. Im currently rereading Xmen #2 and its funny how far comic writing has come...or even comic books as they also have the old ads in the comics. Apparently in the 60's you could send away for a pet monkey. Im not talking seamonkeys either.
If you are an X-men fan and want to relive the glory days of the characters this is a good buy.

ok not a new thing but I got in the mail my "40 years of Xmen" CD rom.
I absolutely love this.It starts with the Original xmen and goes until the end of Chuck Austen's run. Im currently rereading Xmen #2 and its funny how far comic writing has come...or even comic books as they also have the old ads in the comics. Apparently in the 60's you could send away for a pet monkey. Im not talking seamonkeys either.
If you are an X-men fan and want to relive the glory days of the characters this is a good buy.

I bought most of those: Spider-Man, FF, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Captain America, X-Men(Uncanny and Ultimate) It's a shame that they discontinued the line.

hell amazon wanted $200 for Captain America...and it didnt include the wartime comics.

looking back what they were pushing on kids back then I am amazed. Like a hypno wheel to hypnotize people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"