• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
L84fllA.gif

dark_b waits until someone asks why the trunk had to open.

it was created for the viewer. :cwink:

Actually, now that I think about it, it's probably because the swivel is on the same circuit as the trunk, wired together in series.

And yeah, how could it not open? It's way too cinematic not to.

Been playing Baby Blue...I'm depressed.

wasnt it just great when jack had to smoke before he died?

it was never about the money you son of a b..

It was great when Jack died kind of like how Hank died: mid-sentence.

Last edited:
I don't see how some people are saying the fun wasn't predictable. As soon as you see Walt in the desert building it it was obvious. And not only there but when he pulls up on Jack's clubhouse and dude was telling him how to park and he just parks how he wants with the trunk facing the building. It was so obvious. Beautiful that Jesse finally got to see Walt build a robot but still predictable.

It was a predictable and safe conclusion, but it was also very satisfying. No gimmicks. No cliffhangers. It just wrapped things up. It was so simple it was beautiful.

I don't like that the criticisms of the M60 are characterized by the word "predictable," which implies that those moments were trying to conceal a later reveal. They weren't. You're supposed to know it's there. It's Hitchcock's bomb under the table. Knowing it's there and what it's for is what generates the suspense later on with the parking position, the keys, the staging, the timing.

Last edited:
I have the feeling Aaron Paul is as much fan of the show as we are. You don't always get that from actors.

I have the feeling Aaron Paul is as much fan of the show as we are. You don't always get that from actors.

You can tell, especially last night on Talking Bad when Aaron Paul could not wait to film Todd's death scene. :hehe:

I'm still reeling over how amazing this finale was. A lot of my friends and teacher today at school so far have been talking and raving about how perfect it was!

The finale really wasn't that amazing...it's everything that preceded it that was truly amazing. This one just took it home. To me it's like Ozymandias bowled a 9, and Granite State/Felina completed the spare.

Awesome ending, so totally satisfying. Best show ever. I couldn't move for 15 min after the show was over.

Thank you to Gilligan, Cranston and every cast and crew member involved in the show.

:bow:

‘Breaking Bad’ Eclipses Record With 10.3 Million Viewers

The finale of “Breaking Bad” shattered records for the show by scoring 10.3 million viewers, including 6.7 million in the key demo. The finale was up 300 percent over last year’s finale in the key demo.

The shockingly strong performance showed what a cultural phenomenon Vince Gilligan’s meth drama has become since it averaged about a million viewers in its first season in 2008. An expanded one-hour episode of the post-show “Talking Bad” had 4.4 million viewers, 2.9 million of them in they key demo.

The show’s previous record in total viewers was set last week, when it had 6.6 million people tune in opposite the Emmys. “Breaking Bad” won the Outstanding Drama Series award, which no doubt sparked interest. So did a media flurry that included Aaron Paul popping up on “Saturday Night Live.”

Many people met Walter White for the first time, just as his story came to an end.

“’Breaking Bad’ is simply unique,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “It all starts with Vince Gilligan who really only ever asked for one thing – the opportunity to end the show on his own terms. That is exactly what Vince did last night and, as always, brilliantly so. Congratulations to Vince and to every single person involved in this remarkable journey. We’re proud that AMC will forever be known as the birthplace and home of this iconic show and, at the same time, we tip our Heisenberg hat to the fans who made this a truly shared experience.”

http://www.thewrap.com/breaking-bad-shatters-record-with-10-3-m-viewers/

I'm in shock. This is absolutely incredible. The Season 4 finale got, what, 2m viewers? Maybe even less than that? And now it scored over ten million viewers for an episode. Wow.

Last edited:
That rating is insane. Kudos to Vince and everyone. That has got to feel so incredible and rewarding to go out on top like that.

Damn. 10.3M is a pretty decent audience for a network show. Jeebus.

Last edited:
Jesse killing Todd is the inverse of Walt killing Krazy-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"