• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't like what I said? My apologies.

Nah, it's cool. I'm just being a stealth debbie downer there. I mean, I love BB. I have all the series on DVD (outside season 5, part 2, obviously). But I see all the insane gushing about it and seeing stuff like all that "new novel" BS article, and I don't know, it's like people haven't even been watching TV within the last 10-15 years. I don't even think it was the best show as it was airing personally.

But you know, like I said, I don't want to be down on people about it. You like something that much, fair enough.

I'll post some stuff in there. I'm generally kind of horrible at making lists since I think about it too much, so I may just throw out some recommendations loosely.

Thanks, any recomendation is welcome, as i state in the begining you don't have to follow the fields i ask if you don't want to.

Nah, it's cool. I'm just being a stealth debbie downer there. I mean, I love BB. I have all the series on DVD (outside season 5, part 2, obviously). But I see all the insane gushing about it and seeing stuff like all that "new novel" BS article, and I don't know, it's like people haven't even been watching TV within the last 10-15 years. I don't even think it was the best show as it was airing personally.

But you know, like I said, I don't want to be down on people about it. You like something that much, fair enough.
I haven't so I believe I should be excused. :woot:

"He's a school teacher. What is he gonna do? Give you a B-minus?" Oh, Jane. If you only knew :hehe:

So yours is the correct, and final thoughts on the matter then?

Because "personally," I grew up with the TV as my babysitter, and in the last 10-15 years, I can't think of ANY show that hits on as many good points as BB does. The least of which is how it treated its viewers like intelligent adults, instead of assuming, like most shows, that every nuance needs to be explained or it'll fly by us.

But hey, that's MY thoughts on the matter, right? Is there a subscription button for YOUR thoughts around here? I'd like to know what to think next. :whatever:

Will there ever be a show as good as Breaking Bad was?

I hope there is. I plan on living for another 50 years.

I really liked BBC America's Orphan Black and I think Breaking Bad fans would be interested in it. It has some humour, cliffhangers, interesting characters, fantastic acting and a fresh story.

One decision by the protagonist sets things in motion and turns everyone's lives upside down. The opening scene is probably the most WTF since Breaking Bad's pilot. Plus one of the season's villains, Helena, is the most interesting since Gus Fring.

Its an addictive serial drama and you should check it out!Trailer

I hope there is. I plan on living for another 50 years.

I really liked BBC America's Orphan Black and I think Breaking Bad fans would be interested in it. It has some humour, cliffhangers, interesting characters, fantastic acting and a fresh story.

One decision by the protagonist sets things in motion and turns everyone's lives upside down. The opening scene is probably the most WTF since Breaking Bad's pilot. Plus one of the season's villains, Helena, is the most interesting since Gus Fring.

Its an addictive serial drama and you should check it out!Trailer

Thanks for the links, I'll definitely be checking it out!

:yay:

So yours is the correct, and final thoughts on the matter then?

Because "personally," I grew up with the TV as my babysitter, and in the last 10-15 years, I can't think of ANY show that hits on as many good points as BB does. The least of which is how it treated its viewers like intelligent adults, instead of assuming, like most shows, that every nuance needs to be explained or it'll fly by us.

But hey, that's MY thoughts on the matter, right? Is there a subscription button for YOUR thoughts around here? I'd like to know what to think next.

Lol, talk about catching feelings. I love how you picked up on that one word, yet ignored my last sentence where I said all is fine if that's how you feel. But yes, that is clearly the end of all arguments, that is obviously what I'm saying, haha.

aFuQBsK.jpg

http://imorawetz.deviantart.com/art/Goodbye-Breaking-Bad-Ozymandias-version-408845981

Those are amazing.

It's surprising to me looking back at the final season how little death there actually was. Out of the core ensemble only Hank and Walt died, and the latter's death was pretty much telegraphed from the very beginning of the show. It's a testament that they were able to create such a exponential level of dread and despair throughout the last eight episodes without there being so much bloodshed (of the good guys that is). I was expecting everyone to die honestly.

Hi folks, unfortunately I didn't win the Breaking Bad poster competition my local retailer was having. I was kinda hoping if I won I might be able to give away a couple of copies here on the Hype but unfortunately that's not going to happen. However if anyone wishes to print off a copy for themselves I'm attaching a link to the hi-res PDF file. http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/breaking_bad_poster.pdf

I'm not sure Breaking Bad is the best show EVAH on TV, because after a certain high-bar of quality is reached, it boils down to subjectivity a bit, but it's definitely in the top 5.

The Shield is an extremely underrated show, which I encourage everyone to watch. It's almost as perfect a show as BB was, but sadly never got the press it deserved. But, without saying whether I agree with them or not, I could easily see someone making an argument that The Shield, The Wire or The Sopranos was the best show ever too.

Posters like carrrnuttt jumping on Tron Bonne just because he says he's not sure it's the best show ever, is really fanboyish though. The most negative thing Tron Bonne said is, out of the thousands of shows to be on the air, he's not sure BB is the best ever and he basically gets Heisenberged.

Last edited:
Posters like carrrnuttt jumping on Tron Bonne just because he says he's not sure it's the best show ever, is really fanboyish though. The most negative thing Tron Bonne said is, out of the thousands of shows to be on the air, he's not sure BB is the best ever and he basically gets Heisenberged.

I'm not jumping on him for sharing HIS opinion. I couldn't care less if he thinks Keeping Up With The Kardashians is better than BB.

I'm reacting to him being uppity about OTHER'S opinions of the show.

If people want to act like this show is the herald of the Second Coming, so be it. The show's done. If they still feel that way, let them. No need to act all snooty because people are asking things like "Will there ever be a show as good as BB?"

Personal preferences being what it is, nothing will ever please everyone equally. Just don't act like everyone else is not up to your intellectual standards because they don't share your opinion on a VERY subjective topic. I mean, what else am I supposed to infer from "it's like people haven't even been watching TV within the last 10-15 years"?

Last edited:
I'm not jumping on him for sharing HIS opinion. I couldn't care less if he thinks Keeping Up With The Kardashians is better than BB.

I'm reacting to him being uppity about OTHER'S opinions of the show.

"Uppity"? What are you a Southern plantation owner? He expressed an opinion you disagreed with and you overreacted. That's pretty much plain to see for everyone.

If people want to act like this show is the herald of the Second Coming, so be it. The show's done. If they still feel that way, let them. No need to act all snooty because people are asking things like "Will there ever be a show as good as BB?"

He didn't act snooty or uppity or any of the other ridiculous characteristics you ascribe to him. Looking back on what he said and what you said (both here and in your original reply to him) you come off as uber-defensive, twisting his dissenting opinion into some personal attack on you.

Hi folks, unfortunately I didn't win the Breaking Bad poster competition my local retailer was having. I was kinda hoping if I won I might be able to give away a couple of copies here on the Hype but unfortunately that's not going to happen. However if anyone wishes to print off a copy for themselves I'm attaching a link to the hi-res PDF file. http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/breaking_bad_poster.pdf
Bad luck. The winner must have been something truly exceptional to beat your effort. We love your art. :up:

jmc, I thought your artwork was phenomenal. I'm sure the entrants would have been overwhelming for this kind of contest, so it would have been no easy choice.

He didn't act snooty or uppity or any of the other ridiculous characteristics you ascribe to him.

Feel free to interpret this for me:

But I see all the insane gushing about it and seeing stuff like all that "new novel" BS article, and I don't know, it's like people haven't even been watching TV within the last 10-15 years.

Should I subscribe to your thoughts now too? Apparently, my thoughts are just off on everything, and you and Tron are the utmost authorities on how people should think around here.

jmc, I thought your artwork was phenomenal. I'm sure the entrants would have been overwhelming for this kind of contest, so it would have been no easy choice.

No doubt, although I'm wondering if the illustrated nature of the artwork was a negative, most of the submissions I imagine would have been photoshopped. Not to matter, would have been cool to win but I'm still proud of the piece and may end up printing it off myself anyway.

Feel free to interpret this for me:

Should I subscribe to your thoughts now too? Apparently, my thoughts are just off on everything, and you and Tron are the utmost authorities on how people should think around here.

Yes. Subscribe to my thoughts. :whatever: That's sarcasm by the way. When did I tell you what to think? Boy, do you have rhymes-with-tissues.

such a shame man, that is an amazing piece of art

No doubt, although I'm wondering if the illustrated nature of the artwork was a negative, most of the submissions I imagine would have been photoshopped. Not to matter, would have been cool to win but I'm still proud of the piece and may end up printing it off myself anyway.

If you use twitter, @-mention Dean Norris or Aaron Paul or someone with it. They'll no doubt RT something that cool and that'll give you exposure (or at the very least, a satisfied smile).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"