Sequels Bryan Singer Must Come back For X4!

Super Flight

Sidekick
Reaction score
Who Else Wants Bryan To return to do x-men 4? or do you want brett ratner to come back? or a new director?

If you ask me Bryan Singer will NOT come back. He got ****ed over twice over Budget & Creative Control Singer was able to get what he needed RIGHT AWAY at the WB. If I was Singer I would tell FOX to GO TO HELL if they ever had the balls to ask me to come back after the crap they put Singer through the first Movie. Besides he has much said he wants to stick with Superman

I really don't care who directs it as long as it's good.

I think I want somebody new. Somebody who will take the time with the story and characters, like Singer and who will put the same anount into action sequences as Ratner. A combo of both that will make a spectacular movie, and stay true to the comics.

MoviesKickAss said:
Never going to happen with FOXs egos
Sad, but true. Hopefully when they make X4 FOX won't have the rights any more and Marvel will be in charge of the whole thing.

fox should get some new people...its time for tom rothman to leave.. leave and never come back

Bryan Singer. If not him, then someone new that actually has the same level of directing skill.

^Welcome to the Hype!:)

I would love for Singer to come back but I doubt he would considering it would be a headache to go back and try to mend all of the damage, X3 caused. If Singer doesn't return, I hope its someone who will do these characters justice:up:

Makik1387 said:
I don't want Ratner because of X-3 and I don't want Vaughn because Layer Cake was a terrible movie.

I actually really liked Layer Cake...
But that might be due to the fact that I didn't understand almost half of what they said. English not being my first language, it's even more complicated when you add a thick british accent.

Coming back to the topic...
I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Singer come back, but I think that the movies ( particularly X-Men: The Last Stand ) kind of ruined too many elements of the story ( like some characters ) to make another sequel that would be faithful to the original story. Of course, I am not saying that it's beyond saving or that they cannot do anything interesting, but I would much prefer to see Marvel take back the rights to this franchise and "restart from scratch".

At the same time, I think it's too bad, because some actors really did a good job and some aspects of the story really made the movies fun and interesting to watch. Still, in the end, when I look at the trilogy as a whole, I'm dissapointed.

JOSS WHEDON FOR X4!!! That's all I got to say, Bryan is a great director but he won't return to the X-men franchise, I know it!!!:o :up:

ratner did a good job with especially with him coming in late. i say either give him 2 years to make the movie or get somebody new

here is what i say

I viamently disagree with the many liberties that Bryan Singer took on the first two X-men movies, i felt for the most part they where unessicary (Except Wolverine considering the studios from the start wanted the movie to revolve around him) and just pissed me off

but to his credit, Singer is an extremly talented filmmaker, and uses the lens as an eye for the Viewer, almost 2nd person style, and did a decent job of condensing 40+ years of comics into a mainstream movie

in saying that, i do not want him back, for the reasons i didn't like the first two (listed above) and for the fact that he Left us (the xmen fans) the studios didn't ditch him, he left us, if he thinks superman is better, then he can have him, but i want no part of that, because Xmen is always going to be second for him

On to Ratner, i was pleased with X3 liked it alot, better then 1 in the ball park with 2 but fell short (my opinion) gobs better action though, something the Singer films lacked in abundence. Ratner cam onto this project in like July or August or something i think, that's less then 9 months, he had very little say, and definatly didn't get to develop anything on his own with the screen writers and what not...i would like to give him a fair chance, from the start this was the movie that was doomed to fail, and it didn't, he was given a hopeless movie, and no matter what you think about it, he delivered on at least one front (again the action) and made an enjoyable movie

i say give him a fair chance, but if you didn't like X3 i can see how you would not want him back

but definatley no Singer, Xmen will always be second to Superman with him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"