Burton/Schumacher films = Pre-Crisis?

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but would you consider the Burton and Schumacher Batman films to be sort of like the Pre-Crisis era while the Nolan films could Post-Crisis?

Sure. Why not.

However, I'd think there was a bit of a crisis between Returns and Forever that suddenly turned Gotham City from a dark world with beautiful architecture to a neon-fest.

Nah, I think is a good parallel to the comics. It was just the passing of the time pre-crisis. Comics transformed the same way as the Burton/Schumacher movies.

Humans are the only creatures that fail with the same thing.

Wasn't it something like B89 and BR were the 30's and 40's of Batman comics, and BF and B&R were the 50's and 60's, respectively? If you follow that model, then yeah, I guess they would be Pre-Crisis...Although BF took cues from TDKR, which *technically* should be...a Post-Crisis Elseworlds tale?

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but would you consider the Burton and Schumacher Batman films to be sort of like the Pre-Crisis era while the Nolan films could Post-Crisis?

No, and I think trying to force comic-only elements onto films that they don't apply to is asking for trouble.

I think it's a sane asumption, but not to be taken definitively like the comics. Would be official if in 20 years or something they decide to do a "Ultimate Infinity Crisis of the Multiverse Earths".

"BATMAN" is a representation of the 1930's Comics.
"Batman Returns" is a representation of the 1990's Comics.
"Batman Forever" is a representation of the 1940's/1950's Comics.
"Batman & Robin" is a representation of the 1960's Comics.

Michael Uslan goes about classifying the films this way...I tend to agree with him.

CFE

"BATMAN" is a representation of the 1930's Comics.
"Batman Returns" is a representation of the 1990's Comics.
"Batman Forever" is a representation of the 1940's/1950's Comics.
"Batman & Robin" is a representation of the 1960's Comics.

Michael Uslan goes about classifying the films this way...I tend to agree with him.

CFE
As do I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"