• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

BvS WareHouse Fight vs. Daredevil Stairwell fight

Daredevil easily.

Lets not forget the intense rooftop scenes that led into it. When Punisher killed that guy and Matt tried to stop him after they clashed over ideologies (can't link the scenes due to foul language, but they're on YT).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX9soLuVVhE
It allowed us to be far more emotionally invested in the fight. Whereas, BVS had the infamous "Martha" scene.

LOL, yeah.

I look at it like this: The stairwell fight in Daredevil was one of many high points during a great season. While not as good as season 1, DD season 2 nevertheless was exciting and engaging, introducing us to great characters like the Punisher and Elektra while further developing Matt Murdock and his supporting cast.

The warehouse fight in BvS was one fairly decent action sequence in an otherwise abysmal pile of garbage. Yeah, it was nice to see Batman swing his arms faster than he did in the Nolan movies but that's not the primary reason I go to see this stuff.

It's hard to compare them given the different contexts.

The daredevil hallway fight makes sense within the context of the story.

The BvS warehouse fight does not make sense within the context of the story.

At this point the count is:

Daredevil - 35
Batman - 13
Tie - 3

There are 4 that did not explicitly state a vote, but seemed to lean BvS 3, DD 1.

Last edited:
Just re-watched the Daredevil Stairwell fight. I have to say what a great piece of choreography and cinematography it was (I didn't count the cuts but it certainly gives the impression of a single shot, which is pretty impressive - almost as impressive as the Church scene from Kingsman).

However, I still prefer the Batman scene. Zach Snyder has his faults, but choreographing and shooting entertaining fist fights is certainly something he has a talent for.

I think that the use of cuts (from a filming point of view) and the integration of Batman's gadgets as well as his fists, made the Bat fight more exciting, IMO.

Definitely Daredevil. So brutal. Although not the most brutal fight that season. The Punisher prison fight takes that dubious honor.

Daredevil for the amount of work that went into it, the rehearsal time required and the camera work on display and the sheer amount of blocking that must have gone into the component parts of 'building' that entire sequence, phenomenal film making.

Lets not forget the intense rooftop scenes that led into it. When Punisher killed that guy and Matt tried to stop him after they clashed over ideologies (can't link the scenes due to foul language, but they're on YT).
I wanted more of that scene to be the story that BvS revolved around, even more once they declared that the 'V' does not necessarily means a physical confrontation will occur.
Then I received a punch to the face and a middle finger watching that obnoxious film.

Counting the weight of each battle scene and what led to it as you graciously stated, the Daredevil battle scene outmatches the BvS warehouse fight by miles.
As a visual spectacle -ignoring the context surrounding it- both battle scenes are equally amazing in my book.

Daredevil

0MLVvrW.gif

Once again not my favorite DD fight, but they put so much effort into framing the sequence. There's genuine ingenuity on making use of the surrounding - that dramatic turning out the lights and taking it to very close-quarter conditions. There are some neat uses with the chain, especially while descending the staircase. The music is fitting right to the point when it cuts.

BvS warehouse has the better choreographed fights without a doubt, since he took on more guys at once, had to constantly daze & confuse them, and even had to retaliate being pinned down + wounded. It also absolutely has the better score to ramp up the scene.
This is the first Batman fight where you get to see him utilize practically every single one of his toys while also taking advantage of his enemies' "toys" and the dead load of the warehouse. It makes total sense why he's such a feared adversary. However, best of all, it had the more chilling ending to this vignette as it ties to his character arc.

I'll give the DD scene points over the BvS warehouse fight for the idea behind the scene. The writing. And the fact that it had better drama and lets you take it in. And that's pretty much it. Maybe that is what tilts it.

But execution? Whoever thinks there is competition is delusional. I mean, for all the problems the warehouse fight had - wondering why the fight didn't go the way it did is not one of them. You understood what is happening and you didn't question it. They handled the 10 v 1 scenario perfectly. The DD fight was.. ok, in that regard. And no, no amount of time or budget will help the DD team do a better job. It's about envisioning the space, camera work and cuts in your head.

I'll still give the vote to the DD fight though.

Last edited:
But execution? Whoever thinks there is competition is delusional.

Nope. The stairwell fight is superior simply because it is a longer sequence with stronger editing and more intricate choreography. The warehouse scene had a considerably higher budget and production value, but the stairwell sequence clearly took more time and effort.

Batman's warehouse scene is the best Batman action ever put to film, but it still suffers from the same problem I have with a lot of other scenes like this: he's fighting a dozen or so guys, but for the most part he's taking them all on about 1 or 2 at a time. The other guys are, ostensibly, sitting around waiting to punch/get punched. It's not as obvious as some of the Nolan fight scenes, or the Knightmare desert sequence, but it's a problem.

Daredevil gets around this by having him face off against a group of people in a narrow corridor so they have no other option save to face him only a few at a time. It makes the action more logical (relatively speaking of course), visceral, and allows the camera to film it all in exciting, interesting ways. It's further aided by being a longer sequence. I'm not going to fault anyone for choosing the BvS sequence over this, but to insist that there isn't even a competition here is absurd.

Last edited:
Nope. The stairwell fight is superior simply because it is a longer sequence with stronger editing and more intricate choreography. The warehouse scene had a considerably higher budget and production value, but the stairwell sequence clearly took more time and effort.

Batman's warehouse scene is the best Batman action ever put to film, but it still suffers from the same problem I have with a lot of other scenes like this: he's fighting a dozen or so guys, but for the most part he's taking them all on about 1 or 2 at a time. The other guys are, ostensibly, sitting around waiting to punch/get punched. It's not as obvious as some of the Nolan fight scenes, or the Knightmare desert sequence, but it's a problem.

Daredevil gets around this by having him face off against a group of people in a narrow corridor so they have no other option save to face him only a few at a time. It makes the action more logical (relatively speaking of course), visceral, and allows the camera to film it all in exciting, interesting ways. It's further aided by being a longer sequence. I'm not going to fault anyone for choosing the BvS sequence over this, but to insist that there isn't even a competition here is absurd.

Also, it has Daredevil do interesting things, like knock out lightbulbs with the chain and the empty revolver opening, and the action has more of a sense of weight to it. So many of the moves in the warehouse fight feel weightless, especially the infamous box-throw ( ironic, given the crate had enough weight to splatter someone's brains against the wall ).

Difference is you saw Daredevil struggle in his fight whereas Batman was beating up cardboard thugs with almost ease.

This conversation inspires me to watch both scenes on their own, and take a look at every little detail.

The hell you're talking about lol.

Stornger editing for what? A 2m wide hallway? A handheld camera following DD? Shaky cam? (We'll get to that) Editing in fight scenes is for the feel of space, timing and power. The editing in the DD fight was for masking the transitions because the stunt people will get tired - which leads me to my next point.

The BvS fight was in high tempo, steady camera and clear light. and that's much harder. and they knocked it out of the park. Put the DD fight on a movie theater screen - hypothetically - and cinemasins will rip it to shreds.

As for the complaint about not attacking him at once. I didn't see any chances honestly. Not when he blew up their guns and gunned some of them down. He very aggressively pushed them around and let them no time to breath with attacks from distance and bringing the fight to them.

And again. No budget would have helped the DD team. Talent behind the camera is the name. The scene itself is great, as I said. But it's not because the technical aspects. It was just a good, badass and brutal idea.

Last edited:
Both were ****ing awesome. I hate all these nitpicking. I thought the Daredevil hallway fight was better than the stairway one. But the warehouse one was even better than that. The music, the brutality, the moves, you could just feel it. Pure, unadulterated Batman. I cant imagine any Batman fight sequence ever topping that. Just mindblowingly awesome. Never gets old, have to had watch it a 100 times by now.

But the warehouse one was even better than that. The music, the brutality, the moves, you could just feel it. Pure, unadulterated Batman. I cant imagine any Batman fight sequence ever topping that. Just mindblowingly awesome. Never gets old, have to had watch it a 100 times by now.

Pure, murderous Batman.

eBqOVji.gif

I love the warehouse fight, I really do, but it just doesn't suit Batman. All of the fight moves are perfect, the murders are what throws it all off.

I love the warehouse fight, I really do, but it just doesn't suit Batman. All of the fight moves are perfect, the murders are what throws it all off.

Are any of those confirmed kills though?The guy with the crate on his head could be dead/ could be critically injured. Other than that, I struggle to think of anyone Batman killed in that sequence.

Are any of those confirmed kills though?The guy with the crate on his head could be dead/ could be critically injured. Other than that, I struggle to think of anyone Batman killed in that sequence.

95973412.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"