Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

Already bought it. :p
18253f83f47c377d32fb360306a6c60a.gif

Godspeed to you! :oldrazz:

Definitely rising on my list of most entertaining threads.:funny:

Confirmed I get HBO Max for free. I better considering how much I pay.

Actually I tried to use my gaming PC and convert HBO Max's site to an app and do it that way. Big nope.

Dear God, now she's determined to go lower than Roku/Firestick. :funny:

Xiaomi Mi Box S - Full Review and Benchmarks | Tom's Guide
Xiaomi Mi Box S review: This isn't doing Android TV justice
Xiaomi Mi Box S review, 3 months later: Still not good enough

You get what you pay for, LL. And after 6 months of that thing, I'm pretty sure you'll be paying for...something else. :hehe:
A lot of these reviews are nitpicky and from what I read from other owners a lot of the issues have been fixed with firmware updates.

A lot of these reviews are nitpicky and from what I read from other owners a lot of the issues have been fixed with firmware updates.
Well, hoping it works out well for you. :up:

I thought you may enjoy this @flickchick85. It appears the big 3 Android TV boxes are the Shield, Mi Box, and TiVO Stream.

Looks like they fixed some of the issues. No HDR. I can see this thing being a bedroom or secondary television box.

It's here! But I can't play with it until tonight. Those angsty teens.

So the Mi Box is almost good enough. No Hulu app on it cause Hulu appears to not like Android TV unless it's built in or The Shield. Luckily, I can still cast to it and it's much less intensive on my phone compared to Roku.

I wasn't feeling that good today so I decided to drop in to see who was frustrated and about what. My go to thread for a little pick me up.

HBO Max is offering new and returning subscribers $11.99 a month for a year.

So Fubo TV is losing CBS in some areas. If your CBS affiliate is owned by Nexstar, you most likely lost it.

For those cutting the cord and wanting all your locals including CW, Hulu Live is the only service as of now to have them, but Locast can be a bandaid to fix that if your area is covered.

Google is dropping their new, probably Nest branded, Chromecast upgrade/Android TV dongle with a remote soon.
Google 'Sabrina' Android TV dongle price could be under $50 - 9to5Google

Very excited about this. Having a Chromecast sucks sometimes. It's a great idea, but not having a remote or dedicated OS on it is limiting.

Also,YouTube TV adds NFL Network, option for RedZone as NFL season nears
So this is another reason for the price hike. I'm not a big NFL person but that's cool
Another round of Viacom channels are still coming and supposedly A&E channels may be added, but that's just a rumor.

So Sling moved Nick channels to Sling Orange so you can get both Disney and Nick without getting both tiers.

Nevermind. They have now removed Nick from Orange.

EDIT: Son of a gun it's back.

So I got nostalgic and looked at all the popular live TV services when I first started looking into it and I finally looked at PlayStation Vue on YouTube and it was certainly a great service for the price. UI was dated similar to Sling and AT&T TV Now, but the channel lineup was good. I remember my aunt and uncle got it and were bummed when it was discontinued.

Trying out YouTube TV and so far my family likes it. Has most of our channels still missing Hallmark and A&E, but it's a good lineup. My father likes sports so he likes it.

A lot of people seemed bummed about Playstation Vue dying. I never looked into it since it was outside my price point, but it seems like it was a good service that was just poorly marketed.

A lot of people seemed bummed about Playstation Vue dying. I never looked into it since it was outside my price point, but it seems like it was a good service that was just poorly marketed.
From what I understand it was stable and had a very good channel lineup (locals, sports, news, Disney, A&E, Hallmark, Viacom too until CBS started negotiations). Also up to 5 people can view simultaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"