Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

tenor.gif

NFL Network and RedZone is back on Sling for Sports fan.

I'm still rocking Direct TV because I'm too lazy to cancel, but I am looking at switching to Youtube TV. Is it worth it? For the most part I'm okay with their channel lineup and it's got Redzone.

I'm still rocking Direct TV because I'm too lazy to cancel, but I am looking at switching to Youtube TV. Is it worth it? For the most part I'm okay with their channel lineup and it's got Redzone.
They have a 2 week free trial and you can cancel if you don't like it no strings attached. So far my family likes it a lot. If you don't care about A&E, History, or Hallmark stuff.

I love it, but I also get it for free. But the unlimited DVR is great, I get to completely customize/ organize my channel guide, and I think it has the best channel selection of any live streaming service. If the price Is acceptable to you, then I’d say go for it. Always do a free trial before you take the plunge, though!

I'm sure the price for any streaming service is more than acceptable to me. lol

I'm paying almost $170 just for satellite.
Oh, boy yes, ditch that thing. :funny: You’re paying that on top of internet and other side streaming services (Netflix etc.)?? Oooof.

It's only sport that keeps me attached to cable.

Weirdly enough, the one thing that kept me with Direct TV was the Audience Network which had Off Camera w/ Sam Jones & the Rich Eisen show. But now since that channel is gone and those shows moved somewhere else, I'm left with no reasons to keep it.

Weirdly enough, the one thing that kept me with Direct TV was the Audience Network which had Off Camera w/ Sam Jones & the Rich Eisen show. But now since that channel is gone and those shows moved somewhere else, I'm left with no reasons to keep it.
From what I read, they turned it into an HBO Max advertising channel.

I honestly think Hulu should add Hallmark to remain competitive with YouTube TV.

I am under a free trial of Hulu live as of Thursday but I can remember if their trial is a month or a week lol

I am under a free trial of Hulu live as of Thursday but I can remember if their trial is a month or a week lol
I think it's a week, but I remember my mom did and it was a 30-Day trial which was a good deal.

So for those that want CW, if your affiliate is owned by Nexstar you will not have it on your streaming service.

Hulu has QVC, which is kinda cool. I'm surprised HSN isn't on there too.

I'm digging it so far. I got some issues with their video quality, but it's nothing too bad. I hope that improves down the line. One of my biggest issues so far is the DVR... where you don't have a lot of options in the settings when you record stuff (IE "extend 30 minutes"). Sometimes with live shows, like the Emmys, they would go longer than usual and it would cut off in the recordings. I wanna know if that happened to anybody while using Youtube TV?

Also not a fan of not being able to look on the guide for future shows that's longer than 7 hours. On Direct TV you can look for shows 2 weeks from now in the guide. I know you can search for shows and record them, but I kinda missed that.

I'm digging it so far. I got some issues with their video quality, but it's nothing too bad. I hope that improves down the line. One of my biggest issues so far is the DVR... where you don't have a lot of options in the settings when you record stuff (IE "extend 30 minutes"). Sometimes with live shows, like the Emmys, they would go longer than usual and it would cut off in the recordings. I wanna know if that happened to anybody while using Youtube TV?
I have not encountered that problem yet, myself. I think it....knows when programs run long. Somehow, lol. Because with the live stuff I've recorded, even the stuff that has run a little long, it always ends up recording like 20 minutes of the local news afterwards or something like that. So it must somehow know to extend to the next programming block when things run long. I'm not sure how it works, though. It's definitely smarter than my DVR was when I had cable though, as I used to run into that problem all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"