Infinity War Can & Should The Defenders appear in the Infinity War movies?

harryoscop

Avenger
Reaction score
IMO, YES! they need to appear in Infinity War. If Marvel really wants this film to be as big as it was in the comics (Yes, Luke Cage was there in the Infinity Gaunlet 6 issue series), then all superhero teams need to unite in this film - Guardians, Avengers, Defenders, Agents of Shield and possibly Fantastic 4 - and even some villains (Like Doom in the mini series, Zemo can replace him Marvel doesn't get F4 back) They ALL need to come together to stop Thanos seeing as he poses a threat to the entire damn universe itself.

Now the question is, do you think Marvel can legally cross over Netflix characters into the movies? I remember Charlie Cox saying that part of his contract allows him to appear in films, but with Marvel television being owned by ME, and the split-up between MS & ME, I'm not so sure anymore... But it needs to happen.

I'm sure there's no legal issues. That'd just be a matter of contract negotiation. The big stumbling block would be whether or not Marvel wants to include them. People are still under the impression that Team Coulson will show up in the movies any day now even though that's probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

There's not enough time to introduce the FF in IW, unless they get the rights back sometime in early 2017, but production for IW(both parts) starts mid to late 2016(from what I've heard). I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But our best hope is for FF to be one of the 3 mystery 2020 films. Or for easter eggs for the FF to be planted(maybe Baxter Building, possiboy news reports of 4 astronauts going off into space in the after credits.

Now the question is, do you think Marvel can legally cross over Netflix characters into the movies? I remember Charlie Cox saying that part of his contract allows him to appear in films, but with Marvel television being owned by ME, and the split-up between MS & ME, I'm not so sure anymore... But it needs to happen.

Yes it's still possible for them to appear in the movies. In fact Feige recently said that MCU movies will eventually reference the TV shows and that the major obstacle is scheduling since movies take longer to make than TV eps. And he said this after the split btw.

Though I'd also like to see them in IW, the big question is exactly what role would the Defenders play in IW? (or Team Coulson for that matter.) It really depends on how much of IW is set on Earth and how much is set in space...for all we know part 1 could be on Earth and part 2 in space or something.

I guess if they were in IW it would only be as a quick cameo, like all 4 to 6 of them fighting aliens on the streets, something like that...and while some people would be all YEAH DAREDEVIL!!!11!!, a lot of other people might feel unsatisfied that the Defenders only got that 1 cameo without any interaction between them and the Avengers.

^ Maybe pt 1 can be set on earth with The Avengers teaming up with the Defenders & Coulson's team/agents trying to deal with whatever Thanos unleashes on earth to distract the Avengers while he gathers the Infinity stone, and the GOTG arrive in post-credit to warn them about Thanos having retrieved the final Infinity gem

And pt 2 can have the both the Avengers & Defenders teaming up with the GOTG in space for the final stand against Thanos?

Just brainstorming.

All of them teaming up against Thanos would awesome. The Defenders csn easily appear in IW series PT2. Probably not part 1 though.

Depending on a few things, I suspect they'll make small cameos fighting Thanos' forces on Earth.

I dont think they'll have major roles, but of course I could be wrong

There's not enough time to introduce the FF in IW, unless they get the rights back sometime in early 2017
I bet you a decent amount of internet money that the rights are already with MS

Too many heroes. If anything, give them a very small cameo.

The perfect introduction for F4 in Infinity Wars, could be this:
Cameo. As humans. There are in the space, the 4 of them, on that space mission, during the events of IW, and they are hit by a blast or something (thanks to some kind of battle between the heroes and Thanos and/or Black Order) and that's how their incident happens.
End-credits scene for Infinity War Part 2: Johnny Storm wakes up in a hospital, can't remember quite exactly what happened. Founds out that fire can come out of his hands. "Mm ... that's so awesome!" .. End.
That's how they can introduce F4 in the MCU and the perfect start for them for Phase 4

Now.. back on topic.
Yeah, I would love to see the Defenders being in the movie somehow. Even if their are small roles, being only on Earth, kicking Thanos' aliens or something..

Can they?

Yes

Should they?

If, and only if, they can be functioning and important characters. No cameos just for cameo sake. I want these films to be the most epic and mind blowing ever. That means quantity but only with quality.

I can see the Defenders in NY rescuing and evacuating civilians while the Avengers are dealing with Thanos.

If their popularity keeps increasing Marvel might be forced to do it

I want a scene where Thanos' Army is attacking New York City and they end up in Hell's Kitchen.

Captain America - Thanos' forces just entered Hell's Kitchen.
Iron Man - Well....I think our Defenders can handle that.

*Show's Defenders(DareDevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist) fighting Thanos' Army.

something like that would be pretty cool.

I think so. Why not? Get the whole gang in here

I wouldn't be disappointed to see them but I doubt we will. It feels like the more Adult oriented Netflix shows will be confined to its own corner of the MCU. Disney may not allow any real crossover where they are actually featured in some capacity in the IW films. I see the GOTG standing a better chance of playing a role than Jessica Jones/DD.

They can. And they should. It'd be nice if the Earth is in panic because of Thanos and the Defenders are just going around their city stopping riots and crime. Keeping the innnocent people safe while everyone else goes crazy. Then cut back to the main film. Maybe make an episode of the Defenders showing what they were all doing during IW.

The Defenders will outcool the Avengers in their own movie

DD> any MCU hero until Spidey comes along, so yes I hope The Defenders show up

The Defenders will outcool the Avengers in their own movie
*At The Very End of the Movie, Kid Runs Up*

Tony: Aw, do you want our autograph, I'd be-
Kid: **** no, I want Daredevil's autograph.
Tony: What?!

Kid: You Defenders are so cool.
*DD is standing with the Defenders*
Matt: Aw, Thanks kid.

From Joe

SUPER: The Marvel Cinematic Universe that we see in theaters today is much bigger than the one we first saw with The Avengers. There are many more heroes and there are new pieces being added with the ABC TV series and the Netflix series. How do you organize it? Is there a chance we see Jessica Jones battling Thanos (the villain) in Infinity War?

Anthony Russo: It's complicated. When we start to serialize the telling of stories it's difficult. You have to have a lot of control and focus on the course of history. The films are controlled by a group led by Kevin Feige, so they function as a unit. Other products, even if they are from Marvel, are controlled by others. Then there is the possibility of a crossover, but it's more complicated. It is a smaller scale version of the problem that exists when remembering that Fox holds the rights to some of Marvel's most popular characters, as does Sony and others. As storytellers, we only have control over what happens in Marvel movies, but everything is possible, Spider-Man (whose rights were held by Sony) became possible!

Saw that comment in am sure in time we will see guys appear in films like like we seen film guys in the shows and all. We know everything is connected as its same world setting and all. I am sure in time it will happen. As much as we like to see it right now. We don't know what the story is and will infinity wars be earth based or spaced based. Let alone what is happening to defenders at time infinity is happening. But I doubt they won't appear at some time.

So, based on Joe's comments...

2008 - Marvel's shared universe is great, but we can't have everybody in the MCU movies because so many of the rights are tied up with other studios

2015 - Marvel's shared universe is great, but we can't have everybody in the MCU movies because we do have a lot of the rights back, but we've split the ones we got back into movies and TV, which are controlled by different entities within Marvel

Marvel just recreated the studio madness that they just started to resolve by getting the rights back from other studios, but now the issue is in-house rather than external?

W.T.F.

I blame Perlmutter.

I bet if Ike is given the boot or he quietly retires we won't have these rumored in house isdues. Again we know everything is connected. And we have things crossed over ed already. In time I am sure we see more with it. Right now for me it feels more of story reasons would they fit with what they want in the movie. Then the logistics of budget and pay stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"