First Avenger Cap's Power Level

On the subject of Cap's sheild, it is an accidentalnon-repeatable alloy of 50% Adaminium and 50% Vibrariaum. Making the shield practically indestructible while having energy kinetic absorbtion qualities. It isn't 100% efficient but darn close.

That is why it richochei's so well.

Sorry for spelling.

Last edited:
i know this may sound balmy,not to mention ironic but i can see cap's leaps and bound looking like a wuxia move

I kinda imagined him leaping a little like Spiderman except not as high as him just enough for him to like evade danger and stuff

I was watching Watchmen and I know a lot of people debate the power levels in that movie, but I think (short of being able to catch a bullet) that Ozymandias's power level is where Cap should be.
Very powerful, to a normal human he might as well be superhuman. But as I said Cap shouldnt be able to catch a bullet

Exactly. I'm personally hoping for a scene like in the Ultimates Vol. 1. That was pretty cool to watch.

That was so awesome! Just has an infinate amount of resolve and badassery going on to take a beating and still come back for more. That whole climax was actually pretty awesome if we get anything like that in live action id be so ****ing happy!

Speed: At maximum effort a sprint of 40mph for a minute, and an easily maintainable speed of 20mph for 30mins before dropping noticeably would be great to see him do at some point without being obviously superhuman. 21mph is the 400m record, and 18mph for the 800m, and I bet they wouldnt be able to keep up that pace for more than maybe another 10secs.

Agility/reaction time: Fast enough to dodge thrown projectiles if in his peripheral vision from 10m or more. Easily avoids or blocks stabbing movements with blades. Can perform at least a double somersault or one somersault with a half twist and land standing from a standing jump.

Balance: Can balance on one hand for over an hour with minimal effort and no signs of fatigue

Endurance: Can run at 10-15mph for upto three hours without noticeable fatigue, or work a heavy bag for the same

Strength: Can turn over a family sized car with the effort it takes a normal human to move a piano. Can lift an average sized man clean over his head with no effort and throw said man around 10m (again, no noticeable effort)

We've seen Cap in action...Incredible Hulk...Blonsky vs Hulk

Well, the thing is, that wasn't the original Super Soldier serum in TIH. It was a failed attempt at recreating it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cap being able to maybe knock a hole or two in a wall. Or put a dent in a metal wall.

Well really, as I said above, it's not that improbable to think that 616 Cap may actually reach Ultimate Cap level.

I mean, look at the stuff those guys can do in the Strongman competitions. I saw guys pressing a jeep. And that's just a normal person.

Really, when we think about this, if Cap can achieve 100% of human potential in all athletic areas, that means that not only will his upper body be able to lift the maximum amount of weight possible, his lower body will be able to as well.

The guy who benched 1075lbs probably can't squat that much, because he probably works on his upper body much more. Cap will have the combined strength of a top lifter in both, and going off that, it's not impossible to think that he could reach the 2ton area.

You guys realize that if Cap were truly that strong his body would look really weird. He would need a massive bone structure to support muscles of that strength. (Think Samoans) It's physically impossible to be both the strongest human AND the fastest AND the most agile. The requisite bodily structures that would facilitate those states of being are not compatible.

You guys realize that if Cap were truly that strong his body would look really weird. He would need a massive bone structure to support muscles of that strength. (Think Samoans) It's physically impossible to be both the strongest human AND the fastest AND the most agile. The requisite bodily structures that would facilitate those states of being are not compatible.

It's also impossible for normal 616 Cap to do what he does in the comics with the body he has. It's impossible for Hulk to lift the things he can with the size of body he has.

It's the comics. If we really started examining the strength levels of our favorite heroes it would all fall apart because at heart it's still a fictional creation.

What's your point?

It's also impossible for normal 616 Cap to do what he does in the comics with the body he has. It's impossible for Hulk to lift the things he can with the size of body he has.

It's the comics. If we really started examining the strength levels of our favorite heroes it would all fall apart because at heart it's still a fictional creation.

What's your point?

My point is if he has 'powers' it negates the physics argument b/c that's almost like magic. If you go with the 'no powers' theory and he's just as strong/fast/agile as a human can be that wouldn't hold up.

Why bring a physics argument into a comic book superhero movie?
:cwink:

Because Marvel Comics are realistic.
Thor doesn't just fly, he swings his hammer around and around with enough force that when he throws it it pulls him along with it.

On the subject of Cap's sheild, it is an accidentalnon-repeatable alloy of 50% Adaminium and 50% Vibrariaum. Making the shield practically indestructible while having energy kinetic absorbtion qualities. It isn't 100% efficient but darn close.

That is why it richochei's so well.

Sorry for spelling.

(looking much like the comic book guy on the Simpsons)
Actually, there is no adamantium in the shield. It is a combination of vibranium and steel. Adamantium being the product of unsuccesful attempts at recreating the shield's composition.
....sorry about being that nitpicky comic geek.

In the early comics Cap's power was that of an ordinary human at the peak of physical perfection. He was as strong, agile, fast, as a human could be, even a little smarter but I am not sure if that was the serum.
Bad guys would constantly say he was only human and not as powerful as the Avengers and stuff like that.
Sort of like how some people think Batman has no powers, he isn't as dangerous as the JLA members.

Steve, in the comics, is meant to be a guy with no "real" powers. Just a below average guy pushed to the top of human perfection. Like Batman, he should be an almost attainable goal.

I saw the documentary where they talked about how Batman resonates with fans because he is almost attainable. You can think, if I really pushed myself and tried I could become that. Where as Superman, Spider-man, Hulk, and others, have unachievable powers.
Captain America should be like that, people should be able to connect with him because like them he has no powers. Just a human guy against unbelievable odds.

And as for the shield, I would love it if they had the original shield made out of some mystery metal called vibrinium and then the second shield made out of adimentium to tie into the Wolverine movie.
The studio doesn't own the rights to the metal do they?

^ Because if Cap is just trained/pushed to the limit, then they could do that with any grunt. Having his base levels pushed to the peak of human by the serum just makes it possible for him to become stronger than peak human through training. That, is what makes him an old time, non-superpowered superman. He wants to be better than the best man out there Steve? You gotta train to make yourself so.

There is actually a rare bone disorder that causes virtually unbreakable bones through an imbalance of osteoblast differentiation to osteoclast differentiation. Makes them heavy as heck so they're rubbish swimmers. But the bones themselves aren't huge.

We've seen Cap in action...Incredible Hulk...Blonsky vs Hulk

I agree to a certain extent esspecially when you saw him run into action, seriously out paceing everyone around him....

The leaps, the general show of adgility were also on point.

Standing in front of the Hulk.... just not smart though.

I think Cap will be everything Blonsky was and a little more.

With a little more brainpower.

I mean really, just STANDING in front of a dude who just tore apart almost an entire unit of commandos...you should expect that he will try to kill you.

I agree to a certain extent esspecially when you saw him run into action, seriously out paceing everyone around him....

The leaps, the general show of adgility were also on point.

Standing in front of the Hulk.... just not smart though.

I think Cap will be everything Blonsky was and a little more.

thats what I was talking about...I dont care who you are standing there to take a kick from the Hulk is stupid

Standing in front of, and dissing, the Hulk and not expecting the GIANT GREEN MONSTER to care is asking for a death sentence.

thats like making a deal with the devil and not expecting to get boned in the process...thats right...I went there

thats what I was talking about...I dont care who you are standing there to take a kick from the Hulk is stupid

Well in Blonsky's case he was just too proud of what he have become. And we all know:

With Great Pride Comes Great Stupidity!

i think Blonski is the blueprint for Cap in action. but better of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"