First Avenger Cap's Power Level

add to the fact that Cap has a rigorous workout regiment that would explain him being faster and stronger than he originally was while in non superhuman levels

Didn't the Thing boost his strength from 75 tons to 90 tons by consistently working out? Maybe 616 Cap is stronger than we think, after all he whooped that ass on USAgent who could easily bench 10 tons.

Originally Posted by captaintass
You guys realize that if Cap were truly that strong his body would look really weird. He would need a massive bone structure to support muscles of that strength. (Think Samoans) It's physically impossible to be both the strongest human AND the fastest AND the most agile. The requisite bodily structures that would facilitate those states of being are not compatible.

A Tger can drag 500 pounds for miles with his neck, and has been reported as running at speeds of 45 mph. I think Steve should look buff but nothing too crazy.

Last edited:
If the SSS made his muscles denser then he wouldn't have to be as HUGE as the strongest man. He would just BE stronger. Thus not loosing any speed in the process.

In the early comics Cap's power was that of an ordinary human at the peak of physical perfection. He was as strong, agile, fast, as a human could be, even a little smarter but I am not sure if that was the serum.
Actually Cap has some impressive, downright superhuman feats going back all the way to the Golden Age.

This is from a 1941 Captain America comic:
classiccapfeatofstrengt.gif

i am sure they will put cap in a good power level range.

At some point we gotta let fantasy have some fun. Rogers in reality may need to have a certain body structure but in fantasy he can get away with a impossible stuff.

Right now Iam more interested in the acrobatics cap will perform in the movie. I can't wait for some cool flips and kick attacks. After I saw black widow doing that two leg wrap throw to that guard in the latest iron man 2 tv spot i can't wait to see what cap can do.

I think the answer is seen in TIH when Blonsky takes the serum. Granted his version of the serum is mutated. I think however that the regenerative capabilities and speed/strength will also be translated and perhaps even augmented.

In fact I think this is how Cap is able to survive the frozen hibernation he's in, because of his increased regenerative abilities, under which a normal human would die.

What was the crappy reason he didn't die in the comics, again? That the serum made some kind of gas or some crap like that?

No the serum placed him in suspended animation

I too cant wait to see how cap's skills will be displayed in the film.

OK now that we have footage of Cap in action........let's talk power level again.

In the footage we see Cap....
Punch thru the "glass" of the HYDRA mini sub.
Use his shield perhaps as a battering to forcefully open what I presume might be a secured door of some size.
Again weilding his shield he effortlessly tosses aside a HYDRA goon.
Swings using one arm form a chain.

What's the perception of his power based on this TV spot's evidence.

Last edited:
How strong is cap? The same as he's always been:
strong enough. :)

Is he swinging tarzan-like chain to chain? Or did he get here from ground-level?
18833073.gif

He's at least strong enough to punch through an air-tight mini-submarine cockpit glass, swinging fist underwater, no less!
8357u.jpg

8357v.jpg

And from those set pics months ago, we know he can keep pace/possibly catch up with that era's type of vehicles on (bare)foot.

a-captain-america-10.jpg

captain-america-14.jpg

Just assessing from what we've seen.

Last edited:
From what I've seen I think they're gonna give Cap a pretty accurate power level in the film. :up:

Although I'm suprised to see a thread about Cap's power level, I expect to see "power level" threads for heroes like Thor, GL, and Superman. I'm not discrediting Cap or anything, it's just doesn't seem that hard for a film portray heroes like Cap with an accurated power level.

Last edited:
My point is if he has 'powers' it negates the physics argument b/c that's almost like magic. If you go with the 'no powers' theory and he's just as strong/fast/agile as a human can be that wouldn't hold up.

Comics are a blend of fantasy/science fiction. They have SOME basis in reality but its stretched and certain things are ignored. It still has a certain internal logic most of the time though.

I think cap's punching power should be strong enough to be able to kill a man with 1 punch if he so chooses (which of course he wont) and he should have rapid recovery from injury (not on par with wolverine).

I think cap's punching power should be strong enough to be able to kill a man with 1 punch if he so chooses (which of course he wont) and he should have rapid recovery from injury (not on par with wolverine).

Sounds right. And there's in continuity 616 comic references to back both up.
Welcome to Hype, bigscore.

^^^ I think he does a running jump to the chain from the ground personally.

They should amend the saying to "Not since Cap, could white men jump" :)

That's what I hope it is as well

If it was another chain, tarzan style, then you would see it in the background. You can also see the soldiers closing in on the path that he was running through. You can tell exactly the path he was running from before he launched himself if you watch it several times. He's also just peaked in the jump and coming down to the chain. He would almost HAVE to be jumping from the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"