Captain America 4th and 5th series?

DeGenerate10

Br Ba
Reaction score
I own the complete 3rd series of Captain America comics. I believe it was 50 issues or something.

I was wondering if the 4th and 5th series of Captain America were worth buying? And where could you buy the whole series at?

The 5th, yes. The 4th, not so much. It was a failed experiment to make Cap more "real" and gritty by bringing him under the Marvel Knights banner.

Check any online comic retailer or Ebay, basically. Surf around for deals and sign up to newsletters for sales.

The first arc of volume 4 called The New Deal was very good in my opinion, that's as far as I got. I've not read much of the 5th volue (that's the most recent right? Under Brubaker) but it's gotten rave reviews its whole run so I say check it out.

Depends if you like Cap, if so you should read it all.

if not, why would you want to to buy Whole series?

Its rare that any book one can recommend a whole SERIES..usually there are breaks in the quality of any run.

I don't know about buying. Best way to tell is to go to a book store and read up and see what you like.

As for Buying a whole series....it's far cheaper and easier to do this buy buying trades. Otherwise you'll have to use the internet, and you'll pay extra for something when it is a "collection".

"The Extremists" and the first arc of volume 4 were very good. I hear "Cap Lives!" was good too, but that was an alternate universe story and I know some people just aren't interested in those. I never read it, personally. The rest of volume 4 you could easily ignore and live a better, happier life for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"