Steve Rogers is Captain America (again)

Webfoot Hero

West Coaster
Reaction score
Marvel just announced that Steve Rogers will become Captain America again in May in a new series, "Captain America: Steve Rogers." He'll supposedly regain his youth and powers shortly after the upcoming "Avengers Standoff" crossover event. He'll have a new shield and suit (which I'm not really feeling and hope they change it to something a bit closer to his previous suits) and will be joined by Sharon Carter, Bucky, and Sam Wilson, who'll continue being CA in both this series and "Captain America: Sam Wilson."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-announces-steve-rogers-to-return-as-captain-america

So it'll be like the time Bucky took over and after a bit Falcon will lose his Cap status due to reasons.

I like the costume and I love that they're letting Spencer keep Sam in the suit, too.

On the other hand, this is yet another upcoming book to vie for placement in my ever crowded comic book budget...

So now there's multiple Spider-Men (Pete, Miles, Parker Industries Spideys)
Multiple Wolverines (Old Man Logan, Laura, Sabertooth kinda)
a number of Deadpools, possibly multiple Iron Men, and definitely a couple Caps

at some point there's gotta be a brawl between all of em, right?

just saw the news. Since its is the 75th anni this yr of course no way steve wasnt going to be powered and cap again before the yr was out. So nice to see it happening. The new look isnt to bad, though not really fan of triangle shield.

This was inevitable. Deep down everyone knows this was the case. Anyone who doesn't believe that is lying to themselves. Superhero comics are cyclical like this.

Jane Foster might be Thor now, but when Thor: Ragnarok doesn't come out, they won't have traditional Thor wielding the hammer again?

This was inevitable. Deep down everyone knows this was the case. Anyone who doesn't believe that is lying to themselves. Superhero comics are cyclical like this.

Jane Foster might be Thor now, but when Thor: Ragnarok doesn't come out, they won't have traditional Thor wielding the hammer again?

I knew it was coming, I'm just happy that they're letting Spencer keep telling his story with Sam. Hopefully over the next year until Ragnarok, Aaron will have time to rap up the Lady Thor storyline, because it will be quite harder to have two Thors than two Caps.

This isn't even the first time Sam Wilson took up the mantle of Captain America.

ya i def expect by the time thor 3 is out thor will have his hammer again. Where as jane could still be a thor with either getting a new hammer like beta ray bill did. Or maybe she can get ultimate thor's hammer. Didnt it show up in the new marvel universe. So that is a way you could have both as thor's. As for same like it was with bucky after he was done with being cacp i am sure within the next few yrs he will drop being called cap and just go by falcon again or what not.

Good to see Steve Rogers back as Cap, don't like the suit though or shield.

What's the point of these temporary changes to iconic characters?

What's the point of these temporary changes to iconic characters?

To tell good stories. Just look at the likes of Beta Ray Bill and Thunderstrike taking Thor's place. U.S. Agent or Bucky in Cap's spot. Were those stories pointless just because they were temporary?

Good? Yes, but kinda pointless. Especially Bucky as Cap. Similar to Dick taking the mantle of Batman while Bruce was gone. It's never seldom referenced and has little to no impact on the current book. But honestly, if there are people out there like yourself, enjoying these temporary shake-ups then it's worth it to Marvel. I'd just like to see more characters rising in popularity by themselves instead of on the backs of another.

I feel even more strongly about depowering heroes. I agree that a character shouldn't be defined by what kind of lasers he can shoot out of his eyes but I feel like the majority of those stories aren't enjoyable. Look at what they did to Hercules. :down:

Last edited:
well Bucky Cap is getting at least a reference in Standoff, and seems to be a pretty important part of the story

I agree on de-powering stories though; those are now as cliched as death-and-resurrection

And bucky now getting a team book leading a new group of thunderbolts.

Oooh, what's it called? Sounds interesting.

3948732.jpg

lolz

Surprise, surprise.
Not a fan of the shield being triangular, don't see it used as a projectile.
glad he's back but ew that costume
Why do you hate it this much? Design looks neat.

ah ya all i see is it called straight out thunderbolts and it has a more classic thunderbolts lineup too i hear minus of course bucky.

I'm less than thrilled with the classic Thunderbolts returning, as I miss the "Suicide Squad Ripoff" iteration of the team. At least it gives Bucky something worthwhile to do.

Weren't the "classic" Thunderbolts villains too??

Weren't the "classic" Thunderbolts villains too??

Yes, but it was a very different concept. They could still be using the "villains forced to do good" theme, but the classic team and costumes implies otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"