Falcon is the new Captain America

Do you want them to do something new or do you want them to keep everything exactly the same? You're giving contradictory messages, like a lot of fans who are overreacting to changes.

How do you define new? Killing off Heroes and temporally replacing them with other Heroes? Because that's NOT new...they've doing that for a long time now and pretending that it's something new...when in fact, it is most certainly NOT.:whatever:

How are they pretending it's new? That's like saying they're pretending spandex-clad superpowered people is something new...

How are they pretending it's new?

Ok, so maybe "pretending" wasn't the right word choice. But using the same tactic(stunt)over and over and over again is quite frankly insulting. But hey, obviously a certain number of their readers "bite" for it...so they continue doing it, knowing it will drive sales up...at least for a little while.

Personally, I refuse to fall for it...so I cancel the book until the real Hero is back.:cwink:

Why do you keep referring to it as a stunt? Regardless of whether or not you want to admit it, this does have substance to it from a storytelling perspective. That's what separates it from other stunt characters. If anything, this should be held as an example on how to racelift an iconic mantle and do it right.

I call it a "stunt" because that's exactly what it is! Just another cheap stunt by Marvel to cause controversy and debate in the Comic community...Oh look, they replaced Captain America with a black Dude...this should spike sales for a little while at least!:doh:

And hey, they're right....here we are discussing it! I guess Marvel got the reaction they wanted.:whatever:

Do you want them to do something new or do you want them to keep everything exactly the same? You're giving contradictory messages, like a lot of fans who are overreacting to changes.

This is my beef, they are taking something old and calling it new. They just replaced Cap a few years ago now they are doing it again. I have no problem with new things but if you are going to call it new, then make it new.

Now the Fantastic Four I am thoroughly enjoying. Throwing the Thing in prison? Breaking up the team, that is different.

This is my beef, they are taking something old and calling it new. They just replaced Cap a few years ago now they are doing it again. I have no problem with new things but if you are going to call it new, then make it new.

Where are they calling it new? This has happened multiple times before. Steve quit and became Nomad (before my time). Steve quit and John "Superpatriot" Walker took over, who later became US Agent (happened when I was a kid reading the book). Steve "dies" and Bucky takes over (happened when I was an adult reading the book). Now Steve gets turned into an old man and Falcon takes over. If you're beef is they're doing it too soon after the last time that's one thing, but I don't think anyone who has been reading comics for a significant amount of time thinks this is something "new". And if a reader is new to comics or to Cap's book and this is "new" to them...so what?

Now the Fantastic Four I am thoroughly enjoying. Throwing the Thing in prison? Breaking up the team, that is different.

i could be wrong. But i believe that the current fantastic 4 one is going to be a modern classic, i dont want to use that word lightly but FF right now is THE most interesting book that i have come across. The strings they are pulling are serious ones, and its light hearted when it needs to be, like with the future foundation and jim hammond stuff. its deep when it needs to be, like the johnny thing reed situation. And its completely bad ass, like when susan shows all of the avengers NOT to mess with her.

robinson's Fantastic 4 is going to be talked about for years to come. His invaders run is another GEM.

Off topic, as much as i love reading comics every week, and as much as i love my marvel universe. Honestly, things are so insane right now, timelines are so far from understandable, if done right, i wouldnt mind a clean reboot. start over, give our brains sanctuary from the constant raids of our sanity, that comes from being mind f'd every week.

everything is so convoluted, i love my xmen, but trying to explain the xmen to a new comer is impossible. most people are reaching for a gun after a few minutes

FrankenCastle was freaking awesome. It was a balls to the wall absolute joy of a read. Marvel needed a way to de-age the Punisher and Remender went all out in order to do so.

There were so many better ways to de-age Frank. If Frank is using Goblin Gliders why not use the Goblin Serum? You also have the super soldier serum, scientists who can adapt Wolverine's mutagenic power, Frank's rumored partnership with Death and lets not forget magic. I think Remender was just taking out his frustration over the cancellation of Groovy Ghoulies on Frank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"