Falcon is the new Captain America

roach

I am the night
Reaction score
http://www.newsarama.com/21596-joe-...son-as-captain-america-on-colbert-report.html

10347238_10151910004934364_2022068356950919381_n.jpg

I have always been sad to see story arcs where Steve Rogers is not Captain America, but of any currently "living" Marvel character that I know of, Sam Wilson has earned the right to replace Steve over the many decades of stories supporting him. Not digging the Falcon-style head-gear, but I am surprising himself by being satisfied with this.

Whoaaaaaaa Baby!!! hahah i see comic guys staying up all night getting carpal syndrome on what Marvel is doing with their holy trinity ! hahaha:cwink:

this acutally makes more sense because Sam has been Steve's partner for what? 40 years! but for me i dig Sam as his own man!! this is sorta bull^&* that he would drop his NAME and identity that he worked so hard to pick up ANOTHER GUY's one! That was the whole thing behind falcon was that he's nobody sidekick!this sorta cheapens Sam as a character but again so what!!
in 2 years Steve will come back from being frozen or where the *&* he is to being Cap again and all will be right with the comic world!

.. and Damn man!They couldn't have gave brother man a more stylish outfit!?! i dont know like a black beret or something with a soul power fist on it !( that's being an American too you know) come on now!:woot:

It looks like he will be a combo of Cap and Falcon...he still has the wings

Awwwww man i didnt see the wings in that pic!!He's going to be Captain FALCMERICA!!?!?!Hahah wow! either be one of the other!or damn get a new falcon and crap! come on! Cap with wings! i dont know about.

This Cap's wings moved from his temple to his arms

If it was some random black dude it would have sucked but seeing as it's actually Falcon then it doesn't really bother me. This is sort of like Grayson being Batman for a while.

Medusa's joining the Avengers?

And is that Red Sonja?

To me, this is one of the most logical choices for Marvel. Sam is someone who's had Steve's back for many years and one that Steve could entrust the Captain America mantle with. Although I'm not too sure about the overall design of the new CA suit, I really like that they allowed Sam to keep his wings. Also, it'll be interesting to see how they explain Ian's survival in Dimension X after Sharon killed him supposedly.

I'm going to be a little interested to see Winter Soldier's new book since I like his previous one. It also looks like CA won't be in a central role anymore in All-New Invaders, unless they decide to put Sam in there to carry on CA's legacy in that group.

Last edited:
The link i posted says it's an inhuman named Inferno

So we have Not-Cap, a previous Not-Cap, the Not-Human Torch, Not-Thor, someone who committed genocide once and Doctor Strange who really should be busier protecting the universe from all the magic crap that keeps trying to eat everything.

Boy, those Avengers are sure an original bunch.

Who's the fire guy? Anorexic Hulk Johnny Storm?

New Inhuman called Dante aka Inferno.

I'm guessing Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange and Ant-Man (Lang) are there partly because they have movies coming up.

Deathlok is on Agents Of Shield, Winter Soldier was in the very successful Cap sequel as was Falcon, the Inhumans are long rumoured to have a film in the works, big deal was made out of Angela coming to the MCU from Spawn for some reason. Angela has also revealed to be Thor's long lost sister.

Iron Man is one of the most popular and recognised Marvel heroes now thanks to the movies. Lady Thor getting big publicity push from Marvel.

Last edited:
This won't last, Rogers will return to the mantel and he'll regain his Super soldier look somehow. Not a fan of Sam taking up the mantel, he's his own man as Falcon. Buck made sense to become Cap before. But this just seems way too drastic

Also, without his wings, what can falcon really bring to the cap role?? Bucky is nearly equal to steve when it comes to fighting, plus the bionic arm nearly evened out the strength difference. But if falcon ditches the flying and the bird telepathy, he is not on a captain america level...

Also, without his wings, what can falcon really bring to the cap role?? Bucky is nearly equal to steve when it comes to fighting, plus the bionic arm nearly evened out the strength difference. But if falcon ditches the flying and the bird telepathy, he is not on a captain america level...

in the first pic they released of him he still has the wings

I dislike how this is soon soon after Steve returned but as somebody who always felt that Falcon was underrated, I'm happy to see him get more exposure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"