Is Captain America Marvel's Batman?

CyrusGrissom

Civilian
Reaction score
Afterall they had several crossovers including DC vs. Marvel and Avengers/Justice League, do you think they are similar like themselves, Steve Rogers and Bruce Wayne, Redskull and Joker, and Bucky to Robin.

I think they have a lot of superficial similarities, but they're more different than alike. Captain America as a character is much more similar to Superman.

Rumor has it that tim drake's gonna be taking on the mantle of batman for a while. If true then that's pretty much a direct response to Brubaker's Cap run...

The direct response would actually be Jason Todd taking over. Sidekick everyone thought was dead, then came back evil, then cleaned up his act. Of course, Jason then went and un-cleaned his act, essentially negating any and all character growth over the past year. But whatever.

I'd say more of Moonknight or Iron Man than Captain America

I'd say Black Panther is Marvel's Batman more than anyone else.

There are some similarities (and whenever anyone's pairing up the Avengers and JLA big threes into fights, they get put together since they'd get creamed going up against any of the others, and their skill sets are most comparable), though you can draw compelling comparisons between Cap and both Superman and Wonder Woman too. Likewise, Iron Man and Batman can be compared as well.

Over on CBR one time, when discussing potential future DC/Marvel crossovers, Mike Perkins popped in and said that one he'd love to see would be New Cap/Nightwing (he nominated himself to draw it).

The direct response would actually be Jason Todd taking over. Sidekick everyone thought was dead, then came back evil, then cleaned up his act. Of course, Jason then went and un-cleaned his act, essentially negating any and all character growth over the past year. But whatever.

I'd have thought Batman wouldn't like a guy who killed more people then Azbats to wear his mantle.

Bruce is much more concerned about death then Cap ever was.

Who said anything about Batman wanting Jason to take over? I was just pointing out that it's a much more accurate comparison to have Jason rather than Tim take over for Bruce if we're going by the Bucky/Steve model.
There are some similarities (and whenever anyone's pairing up the Avengers and JLA big threes into fights, they get put together since they'd get creamed going up against any of the others, and their skill sets are most comparable), though you can draw compelling comparisons between Cap and both Superman and Wonder Woman too. Likewise, Iron Man and Batman can be compared as well.

Over on CBR one time, when discussing potential future DC/Marvel crossovers, Mike Perkins popped in and said that one he'd love to see would be New Cap/Nightwing (he nominated himself to draw it).
I would be so onboard for a Perkins-drawn Bucky/Nightwing crossover. :up:

Who said anything about Batman wanting Jason to take over? I was just pointing out that it's a much more accurate comparison to have Jason rather than Tim take over for Bruce if we're going by the Bucky/Steve model.

Okay.

Me, too.

Okay.

Me, too.

I'd say Black Panther is Marvel's Batman more than anyone else.

I still think Stark is a more close match. I mean, Batman and Black Panther are similar, sure, but Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark are pretty close to being clones...Combine the fighting style and heroism of Black Panther with everything else Tony Stark and you got batman.

You know, roughly.

Eh, BP's a genius, a dick, a near-paranoid planner and prep time master, and a badass fighter. His concern is limited to one relatively small area unless he happens to be a member of a major team. Plus, he wears lots of black. I still go with BP.

Eh, BP's a genius, a dick, a near-paranoid planner and prep time master, and a badass fighter. His concern is limited to one relatively small area unless he happens to be a member of a major team. Plus, he wears lots of black. I still go with BP.

Plus, he's incredibly rich, has a great deal of influence, inherited both his wealth and resources, and owns a company.

I know, BP and BM as heroes are very similar, but Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark as civilans are pretty much the same. Slight tweak here and there but Bruce isn't a King or any of that other stuff.

One could draw parallels between a corporate mogul of Bruce's calibre and a king, especially when you consider that the Waynes, over the last two generations, at least, have owned a sizeable chunk of Gotham City in some way or another. But this one won't because this one is tired.

I thought of that, but I thought the whole "Stark Industries" rivials pretty much exactly with "Wayne Tech"

Rumor has it that tim drake's gonna be taking on the mantle of batman for a while. If true then that's pretty much a direct response to Brubaker's Cap run...
Morrison and the DC boys are in full symbolism mode these days. Batman R.I.P. looks to be a direct rhetorical refutation of Bru's Cap run, Final Crisis is pretty much going to be a big ****-you to the last 20 years of Marvel-dominated comics, and Rucka's Checkmate basically devoted the last four or five issues of the run to spitting on the Civil War concept.

Batman R.I.P. looks to be a direct rhetorical refutation of Bru's Cap run, Final Crisis is pretty much going to be a big ****-you to the last 20 years of Marvel-dominated comics, and Rucka's Checkmate basically devoted the last four or five issues of the run to spitting on the Civil War concept.
Uh, I don't see any of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"