Captain America question

Tvar10

Who the hell is Bucky?
Reaction score
I've been reading the captain America series since Ed brubaker started a few years back. I'm just confused with this whole relaunch thing. What happens to Bucky as the new cap? He was in tried then sent to jail. Then broke out. Now they took cap and named it captain America and Bucky and told a story about Bucky in ww2. And now captain America has another title with Steve Rogers as cap. Does anyone know if the whole Bucky/winter soldier/captain America story will continue?

There's some prequel stuff coming, but Bucky is dead (real thing this time) after being impaled by Sin/Skaadi in "Fear Itself".

Bucky's story continues to some degree in Captain America & Bucky, that's the best you're going to get right now since Bucky was killed in Fear Itself. The current Captain America title, where Steve is Captain America, is set after Fear Itself.

Eh, he'll be back. It used to be that "everybody comes back except for Uncle Ben, Barry Allen, Jason Todd, and Bucky." Then Bucky came back. Then Jason Todd came back. And then Barry Allen came back. So yeah, Bucky will definitely be back. Hell, I'm expecting Uncle Ben to pop up any day, now.

Thanks for the update. I haven't been reading fear itself. That kind of sucks tho. I was hoping he would come back as the "good" winter soldier. Did they even transition Steve into being cap again or did they just reboot him into being it?

That was also in Fear Itself. Although, really, it was basically just Steve recovering Bucky's body and the shield, grieving for a sec, and then suiting back up as Cap himself.

Well Bucky doesn't have to come back. With Dc the hotshot writers have hard on for the heroes of their past so they killed/removed all the "new guys". Bucky I think unless something changes in the next few years is probably stuck in the grave..........unless Captain America 2 pulls out some serious winter soldier.

They're definitely going to do that story in the movies, which means Bucky will definitely be back in the comics. I'd bet he's coming back even without the movies, though. Brubaker's stated repeatedly that this is all part of the plan he's had in mind for Cap for some time. I doubt that plan consists of putting Bucky back in the ground forever after his return and redemption were such huge parts of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"