Car shopping advice?

Scarlet spidey

Old school
Reaction score
So, my 1995 Mercury Tracer isn't really cutting it anymore. (Even though I've only had it since Febuary.:p) I has decent gas mileage, but it just has no speed. So I'd like to get a new car, and I have a few options in mind.

Option 1:
Datsun 240z
They usually run for about 5,000 to 10,000. It's an old car, but it's fast and fun to drive but it doesn't get fantastic gas mileage. It wouldn't be my daily driver, I'd probably keep my Mercury for that?

Option 2:
A Sixth Generation Toyota Celica
It gets pretty good gas mileage(30 or so) has decent speed. Not sure if I Want it, because I'd like to get a V6, and it's only 4.

Or perhaps I'll get a motorcycle for the 4 months out of the year Minnesota isn't covered in snow, and use the Mercury for the other times.

What do you think, sirs?

whatever you get...make sure it's fuel efficient (that automatically disqualifies Ford) or else you'll be paying up the @$$ for gas (hey that rhymed!). between option 1 and option 2, i'd say definitely go with the Celica but then again i'm biased because i had a 6th generation Celica myself. i LOOOOOVED it and it's still one of my favorite cars to date. yes, it's not a V6 but if you get a V6 you'll be paying more for gas. not to mention, there are plenty of alternative ways to get more power out of your car.

my Celica was around 200,000 miles (maybe more) when i gave it to my dad. that was late last year and since then it's been in a significant crash and it's STILL running fine. when they announced that they're discontinuing the Celica line i was very disappointed because i surely would have gotten another one, but i'm very content with my Scion TC.

anyway....yeah......between the Datsun and the Celica, DEFINITELY get the Celica. if you can get a 99' that would be your best bet. i had a 94' and while it's still running fine, it won't be for much longer....but then again i drove the hell out of that thing.

Hell, I'd take the Datsun 240. Put a whupping on that sissy Celica. :up:

here's a hand...

57598956-754532.jpg

...talk to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"