CBS Orders Murder Mystery American Gothic for Summer 2016

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/621269-cbs-orders-american-gothic

CBS has given a straight-to-series order for 13 episodes of American Gothic, a new one-hour murder mystery set in Boston, from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television and CBS Television Studios. The series will be broadcast during summer 2016.

American Gothic centers on a prominent Boston family that is attempting to redefine itself in the wake of a chilling discovery that links their recently deceased patriarch to a string of murders spanning decades, amid the mounting suspicion that one of them may have been his accomplice.

“With ‘America Gothic,’ Corinne Brinkerhoff has created the perfect CBS summer mystery, filled with suspense, intrigue and an explosive ending that will leave you breathless,” said Glenn Geller, President, CBS Entertainment. “It feels like a compelling summer novel that we can deliver to our viewers in 13 one-hour chapters.”

American Gothic is a co-production of CBS Television Studios and Amblin Television. Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank of Amblin Television, James Frey of Full Fathom Five and Corinne Brinkerhoff (“The Good Wife,” “Jane the Virgin”), who is writing the script, will serve as executive producers. The series will be distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and worldwide by CBS Studios International.

American Gothic will join “BrainDead,” a new one-hour comic-thriller from Robert and Michelle King, the second season of “ZOO,” based on the #1 bestseller by James Patterson, and the next edition of the summer reality hit “Big Brother” on CBS’s 2016 summer lineup.

the American Gothic series that I remember was the excellent supernatural drama in the late 90's that starred Gary Cole...

I was thinking the exact same thing and hoping this was some kind of reboot of it especially since the series barely had a chance.

Is this a mini series or ongoing show?

The first episode was ok but I think this show will be cancelled on CBS if it is an ongoing series.

The first episode was ok but I think this show will be cancelled on CBS if it is an ongoing series.

Agreed, it reminded me of that recent show 'The Family', very similar in the political trappings and sombre style.

Yeah, I came here hoping for a continuation or reboot of the Gary Cole series as well. Holy hell am I disappointed.

It was a straight-to-series order of 13 episodes. Which means it's probably a Limited Series. I enjoyed the first episode. Though I'm really watching for Antony Star. #BansheeForever

I enjoyed the first episode. Though I'm really watching for Antony Star. #BansheeForever

Exactly the same for me. Lol. I've also been watching his earlier series Outrageous Fortune on tubitv.com where he plays twins. The funny thing is Antony's co-star on American Gothic Virginia Madsen starred in the short lived American remake of that series named Scoundrels.

This Season Trailer
[YT]69UDe7-sbLM[/YT]

Doesn't look like anybody is watching this show with how much it it talked about here. I wasn't expecting a Season 2 simply because they said its pretty much a one season thing but so far I have been enjoying the mystery of it.

This show has been awesome. The penultimate episode was great. There were some nice twists and a lot of questions answered about that faithful night.

They sure went out of their way to make sure you wouldn't be able to guess who the killer was. It was a fun show but I don't mind we won't be getting another season. I hope Antony Starr gets another series or movie soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"