• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Chan goes big on 'Soldier'

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118002207.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

BEIJING -- After keeping a tight lid on the project for months, Hong Kong multihyphenate Jackie Chan has unveiled the details of his $25 million pic, "Big Soldier."

Chan produces, stars and wrote the screenplay, which focuses on three people and a horse.

Cast includes Chan, Lee Hom, previous unknown Lin Peng and South Korea's Yoo Seung-Jun, and is helmed by "Underdog Knight's" Ding Sheng.

Pic has been shooting in Yunnan province using a 100% mainland Chinese crew for the first time and has just moved to Beijing.

"The film is set during the Warring States Period," Chan told a news conference on Tuesday. "I play a big soldier, and Lee Hom plays a junior soldier. It's an action picture with black humor, plus a bit of romance."

Coin comes from Chan's China shingle JCE, PolyBona, Xu Culture Media, Huacheng Media and My Younger Media-Television.

"The budget of $25 million is big for the times that we live in, but this is a Jackie Chan film," Yu Dong, prexy of co-investor and distributor PolyBona told Daily Variety

I always liked jackie chan. i used beat the jackie chan game for playstaiton severl times. my faovrite moive is rumble and thebrox and who i'm i also like first strike.

for me, Drunken Master 2, Policy Story, and the first two Rush Hours

Still gotta check out the first Drunken Master and Snake in the Eagle's Shadow. Plus Dragons Forever and Meals on Wheels. Even though he's my favorite martial arts star, I actually havent seen alot of his better films

looking forward to this

:up: that he's going back to doing these types of movies again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"