Chapter 23 - "How To Stop An Exploding Man" - Discussion Thread 5/21/07

So if Nathan is back he must be badly injured unless he's immune to nuclear radiation. Because as far as i know Claire was the only one who could get close enough stop Peter.

Got me. Only thing we can do is wait for more spoilers. Regardless, it doesn't seem to be stopping him from his overall goal with his mother apparently.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet but did anyone notice another new hero shown? The hero I am thinking of is the shop owner of the sword shop. What it's his power you say? My theory is that his power matter manipulation or able to shape matter like metal. Think about it, he had a connection to the sword and Hiro's father.

Did we ever find out what mama Petrelli's powers were, we know she has them but I don't remember seeing them.

Not that I can recall. All she's really influenced was Nathan...but that maybe motherly influence.

Plus I would think he is quite easy to manipulate if you push the right buttons.

I heard that they were going to create an entirely new set of characters and plot for volume 2 but it doesn't look that way. Was it a false rumour?

I feel like some of the characters have gone as far as possible, as much as I love them all.

If I remember right most of the cast from the first season is coming back but thansk to ORIGINS, they'll be intergrating in more characters throughout the season.

I think it'll come down to the cast that we had left in the finale except for Parkman and D.L. The rest will follow from there.

Anyone see that the actress that played Callisto in X-3 is joining the cast?

If I remember right most of the cast from the first season is coming back but thansk to ORIGINS, they'll be intergrating in more characters throughout the season.

I think it'll come down to the cast that we had left in the finale except for Parkman and D.L. The rest will follow from there.

5 new characters are going to be joining the cast, including one played by the actress who played Callisto in X3.

One of the new characters is going to be an Irish mobster. That should be interesting.

And that's a lot. So it'll be interesting to see the characters we already know continue there stories and the new ones begining their own. Especially with next season taking place around the world.

It'll just change the dynamic from season to season in the long run. Make it easier for the influx of cast and allowing the others to leave without issue.

Do we have episodary-r-ry evidence?

It's just VERY heavily suggested that she has the puppetry powers. Whenever Nathan is on the edge on something, they stress her putting both hands on his back, and he then relents. She did it with Claire. She even made a distinctive effort to put both hands on her back. Claire then seemed to relent. She hugged her dad, but then abruptly changed her mind and ran out through the window (healing powers accelerated caused it to wear off quickly?).

As far as Nathan, about 5 months ago, I made the prediction (not to toot my own horn, of course) that Nathan will drop Peter at both a safe height and a distance where Nathan wouldn't be affected. Nathan moves at super speeds, so if he dropped Peter, it would only be a half second at most when he'd be out of harm's way.

So if Nathan is back he must be badly injured unless he's immune to nuclear radiation. Because as far as i know Claire was the only one who could get close enough stop Peter.

Let's not forget,Nathan is fast enough to break the sound barrier.If he can fly and accelerate at supersonic speeds like that,all he would need is a good 2 to 4 seconds to be in a safe distance.

Let's not forget,Nathan is fast enough to break the sound barrier.If he can fly and accelerate at supersonic speeds like that,all he would need is a good 2 to 4 seconds to be in a safe distance.
we've never seen or heard Nathan break the sound barrier. this is a case of overthinking. bottom line is the guy flies and he can fly fast. that's it.

we've never seen or heard Nathan break the sound barrier. this is a case of overthinking. bottom line is the guy flies and he can fly fast. that's it.

Did you even watch ep5 "Hiros"?It's clearly obvious that when he escapes the Haitian and HRG,he breaks the sound barrier causing a sonic boom effect.Watch it again genius.

Did anybody calculate the time it took Nathan to reach sonic boom from ep 5 and the time it took Peter to explode

Did you even watch ep5 "Hiros"?It's clearly obvious that when he escapes the Haitian and HRG,he breaks the sound barrier causing a sonic boom effect.Watch it again genius.
yes, i did and no, he didn't. you're overthinking it, "genius".

I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet but did anyone notice another new hero shown? The hero I am thinking of is the shop owner of the sword shop. What it's his power you say? My theory is that his power matter manipulation or able to shape matter like metal. Think about it, he had a connection to the sword and Hiro's father.

That was Chris Claremont so it was probably just a cameo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"