Episode 14 - "Distractions" - Discussion Thread 2/5/07

Peter and Nathan aren't a family... they are related, they are *in* a family, but if you tell me you're going to introduce me to your family and you introduce your brother (especially if you have a wife and kids) then I'm going to give you the new fist pound.
they are a family. use a dictionary.

That said, somethiing Hiro's sister said struck me... she said "You're insane." And it struck me a bit odd. Later that day it hit me like a ton of bricks. When we first met Hiro, he was concentrating on a clock attempting to bend the space time continuum. What kind of MADMAN sits and tries to bend the space-time continuum? There are millions of comics lovers, many frequent these boards, but we don't EVER even for a SECOND consider actually trying to do any of the things that occur in comics. He had no evidence he could do any such thing, and between that and his sister's oddly innocent one liner, those are our first clues to Hiro's insanity. Yes, he can still function, he can still be a hero, but the idea that someone who's never even heard of anyone with powers would actually try and bend the space time continuum... He's gotta be bonkers.
give me a break.

GL1 in that pilot episode Hiro confides in Ando that he turned back time the day prior or he paused time. He may have done it accidentally he never explained why he did it.

If anyone's crazy it would be Pete since he's been believing he can fly because of dreams, but it seems that the others like Claire and Hiro may have just found their talents by accident.
their powers are intuitive, even if they have manifested late in their lives. hiro...peter...nathan. something clicked inside them.

more like Claire eye-****ed Peter when she first saw him. then he was talking to Claude about her and made it sound like he had a crush on her. just a tiny bit though.
no. peter believes in the good in people and the good in the world. it's why he's a nurse, it's why he's trying to convince his brother to help, it's why he's running off to texas and nevada. he's a protector and a helper. any hint of a crush you've seen from claire or peter is purely in your imagination.

Maybe the spark between Claire and Peter is more on the lines of big brother hero worship than romance. He came out of the blue and not only believed her about having powers, but has them as well and he saved her. That's more of what I saw. :)

and Claire, who had been feeling isolated, had confirmation that she isn't the only one in the world with an ability.

and the guy frickin risked his life to save her, he even told her, he wasn't sure what was going to happen, how would you feel about someone who doesn't know you, but that risks his life to save you? just because

How many people noticed the license plate of Hiro's Fathers car as they went away...

NCC-1701

I had to back it up and watch it to make sure. I thought it was excellent!

I'm no Star Trek fan, but just out of curiosity, what's NCC-1701 referring to?

USS Enterprise my friend, the one Captain Kirk commanded until it was destroyed by Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

God I never noticed the little NCC-1701 thing, how cool :woot:

USS Enterprise my friend, the one Captain Kirk commanded until it was destroyed by Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

It wasn't Khaaaaaaaaan who destroyed the Enterprise. Kirk put the ship on self-destruct, teleported Khan inside, teleported himself and crew on a safe planet, and boom.

And there's also the other Enterprise that Deanna Troy crashed on a planet.

they are a family. use a dictionary.

Common sense is more reliable.

their powers are intuitive, even if they have manifested late in their lives. hiro...peter...nathan. something clicked inside them.

Yes, they are... but intutition has subtle degrees... intuition is not an on/off thing and the level of intuition involved for Hiro is wonky.

sqeekness said:
Maybe the spark between Claire and Peter is more on the lines of big brother hero worship than romance. He came out of the blue and not only believed her about having powers, but has them as well and he saved her. That's more of what I saw.

I saw a spark, and thought it utterly odd that anyone would couple these two characters. It felt like intentional foreshadowing, and I'm glad it didn't pan out...

When Peter said "She's such a great kid..." I felt secure knowing it wasn't a romance thing, cuz let's face it, who call a girl they like a 'kid?'

not in your case, otherwise you would've recognized "you're insane" as figurative speech. common sense would also recognize that the Petrellis are family.

not in your case, otherwise you would've recognized "you're insane" as figurative speech. common sense would also recognize that the Petrellis are family.

A figure of speech with a possible double meaning.
They are family, but two brothers can't be a "a family" by themselves. They have parents don't they? Are their parents ANOTHER family? (Do you recognize a semantic arguement when you see it? Are you just being dense cuz you have nothing better to argue about?)

Perhaps not so common after all.

I saw a spark, and thought it utterly odd that anyone would couple these two characters. It felt like intentional foreshadowing, and I'm glad it didn't pan out...

When Peter said "She's such a great kid..." I felt secure knowing it wasn't a romance thing, cuz let's face it, who call a girl they like a 'kid?'

I thought it was kinda wierd that when he was falling down and probably thought that he may die, he was thinking of Claire.

But then again, he might be remembering the last time he fell down, and Claire popped in his head.

his thinking of Claire was just instinctual like a cat landing on his feet. he was in danger and his brain was just accessing what he needed to survive. it was an involuntary reflex.

and GL, open a dictionary for once and quit trying to be so literal.

Yes, they are... but intutition has subtle degrees... intuition is not an on/off thing and the level of intuition involved for Hiro is wonky.

Claire gave away who her real dad in the episode. She told Zack that she imagine her parents living in a nice aparment.

his thinking of Claire was just instinctual like a cat landing on his feet. he was in danger and his brain was just accessing what he needed to survive. it was an involuntary reflex.

and GL, open a dictionary for once and quit trying to be so literal.
I got the idea that his powers worked on some kind of empathic level because he said that when he remembers how that person made him feel his powers work. And maybe since when he got Claire's powers he was scared since he was dying or dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"