Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

More powerful than Hela. Against Thanos without the stones he would obliterate him. With the stones it’s hard to say but the All Black is shown to be so powerful that it would be a cool fight.

Thor vs Gorr is definitely better. Like way better, they actually let them go at it several times, Gorr is very powerful but even when Thor puts the feet on the gas it’s like Gorr is sort of caught off guard at times by Thor’s power level.

But yeh several time Gorr does get the upper hand just because of how extremely powerful the All Black is.

Oh okay nice I'm glad to see Gorr be portrayed as an absolute powerhouse in the film and I'm glad he actually has powers with the All Black besides just swinging the Necrosword.

I like how corruptive the All Black was…
…and how it was almost a character in of itself.

Not too dissimilar to how Stormbreaker was shown to have some level of sentience. The way it travelled through the shadows motivated by Gorr’s anger and rage.

It was a parasite with a will of it’s own. I would love to have even more of a backstory to it in the MCU, because both Thor, Zeus, Valkyrie… knew of it and it’s mysterious ancient power.

I wish I had a better look at the black god they killed at the beginning, the one that was wielding the All Black, I wonder if he was The God it belong too or just another one that got corrupted but the sword itself. Intriguing stuff.
I thought it looked great, ancient and pure evil. The simplicity of the sword and its broken and worn blade contributed to that ancient and mysterious look.

Maybe I've been reading way too much One Punch Man as of late but Gorr sort of reminded me of Garou, but for gods instead of superheroes.

Wow what an actor. He did so much with a villain I don’t know that much from the comics. Although he did remind me of a few Noel fielding characters in the mighty boosh

Gorr reminded me of Marilyn Manson. Bale took this assignment seriously and elevated the standard for villains in the MCU

I think we could've seen more of Gorr waging his campaign to really sell his villainy. Most of it happens off-screen. We needed a little more time with Gorr.

I found his look rather underwhelming.

FXhoE7BWQAEs9Fr

Bale speaking with Collider. Such a shame.

“There's an awful lot that I wish was in this film, which you can't have a four-hour long film because there's so much gold that's on the cutting room floor, hilarious stuff, and creepy as hell stuff, but that was perhaps pushing it to a realm where maybe it wouldn't have been able to be family friendly, which we always wanted it to be.”

Thought the comics version was much better, more menacing and much more of a threat compared to the movie version. Despite a great actor playing he was a bit disappointing to me.

Also in the comics he was around for thousands of years and was planning and butchering Gods the whole time. Here he killed like 3 gods to be called ‘the God Butcher’ and the title just didn’t feel earned.

Thought the comics version was much better, more menacing and much more of a threat compared to the movie version. Despite a great actor playing he was a bit disappointing to me.

Also in the comics he was around for thousands of years and was planning and butchering Gods the whole time. Here he killed like 3 gods to be called ‘the God Butcher’ and the title just didn’t feel earned.

Well there were all those distress calls, so there was a small sense he was doing more butchering than what we were seeing, we just barely saw any of it.

Like we saw Hela do more in Ragnarok.

Well there were all those distress calls, so there was a small sense he was doing more butchering than what we were seeing, we just barely saw any of it.

Like we saw Hela do more in Ragnarok.

Those distress calls didn't really make the impact needed though. As you say we actually saw Hela being a threat where early on all we saw Gorr do is kidnap some kids and run away after a brief scuffle with Thor.

Best part of the movie.

He was kind of wasted unfortunately. Landing Bale was a coup. I wish he was given a more important role in the MCU, instead of a one and done Thor villain.

Maybe that's what he wanted. :shrug:

Those distress calls didn't really make the impact needed though. As you say we actually saw Hela being a threat where early on all we saw Gorr do is kidnap some kids and run away after a getting his ass beat by Thor.

Fixed it for you

Best part of the movie.

He was kind of wasted unfortunately. Landing Bale was a coup. I wish he was given a more important role in the MCU, instead of a one and done Thor villain.

Maybe that's what he wanted. :shrug:

It's definitely what he wanted, he didn't want to be stuck in some long term comic book movie contract.

Fixed it for you

It's definitely what he wanted, he didn't want to be stuck in some long term comic book movie contract.

He also had no interest in working with any other MCU director, since he has said that Ragnarok was the only MCU film that he had seen before signing on to L&T.

Speaking of which, why didn't Gorr just grab Stormbreaker in New Asgard instead of the kids?

His plan didn't seem well thought out.

He tried to, he even grabbed Stormbreaker but Thor fought of his attempt stared him down along with Mighty Thor and Valkyrie stared Gorr down so he retreated.

Seems like he didn't want to fight all 3 outside of the Shadow Realm where he was said to be strongest

He tried to, he even grabbed Stormbreaker but Thor fought of his attempt stared him down along with Mighty Thor and Valkyrie stared Gorr down so he retreated.

Seems like he didn't want to fight all 3 outside of the Shadow Realm where he was said to be strongest

I seem to remember Gorr having Thor tied up twice in NA. He could and should have just grabbed SB then. Thor was also on the floor a four of times during the encounter and chasing after Mjolnir at one point.

I seem to remember Gorr having Thor tied up twice in NA. He could and should have just grabbed SB then. Thor was also on the floor a four of times during the encounter and chasing after Mjolnir at one point.

He grabbed it twice while Thor was tied up, did you watch the movie?

He grabbed it twice while Thor was tied up, did you watch the movie?

Yes I did he seemed more interested in toying with Thor than grabbing the hammer when I watched it.

I may be mis remembering no need to get so defensive buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"